Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

4.1

Phaseolus angularis seed powder, hydrogenated soybean oil, jojoba esters, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, sodium chloride, sodium sulfate, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin

This is a great face scrub. It is not too abrasive. I use it with water, or with water and my face wash. It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. I would recommend it.

on 12/21/2013 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Like some other reviewers of this product, I also started out with a little sample packette of the Adzuki Buffing Grains. I have only used the product in combination with my facial cleanser, not on its own. I have used Kiehl's Extra Gentle cleanser, which is a milky, non foaming cleanser and added the grains, making a paste and softly exfoliated my face. The resulting paste is relatively smooth and I like the soft natural scent of the ground beans. It remotely reminds me of oats and I find this smell soothing. I did not find the particles sharp or rough. I have sensitive skin and I have experienced rosacea from time to time years ago and so I try to be gentle to my skin and avoid any irritation. On the other hand, obviously regular exfoliation is a necessary basis for my skin treatments that follow to have their maximum effect.
So far so good, I have used it for three weeks, once a week, and I have been experimenting a bit with the amount of grains I have used each time. I find that a dime size of the powdered grains poured into my palm and worked into a paste is sufficient to massage my whole face. Therefore, I agree with the reviewers who stated that they think that the price of one jar of this product is actually reasonable, given the fact that it should last for a year or longer. I also found that it takes a good amount of rinsing to remove any stray particles, but I didn't find this to be a real issue. My skin has been smooth after using the grains and I have not experienced any issues with redness or irritation. I have just today purchased a jar and will continue to use this product.

UPDATE 11/15: Incidentally I looked at the ingredients of this product and was surprised to see that the main ingredient is Polyethylene beads, not Adzuki beans. Multiple recent studies have shown how damaging these plastic beads are for the environment, so I took down my rating from 4 stars to 2 - this is still a pleasant exfoliant, but I will not repurchase.

on 5/3/2010 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm writing this at the request of my sister. Both of us have similar skin issues as far as sensitivity goes (although I definitely have more allergic/reactive skin), and exfoliation can be such a pain in the butt. It's necessary so that I can get rid of the occasional dullness and to prevent build up. And also just because I like that feeling of smoothness right afterwards. But so many scrubs are too harsh for my skin, and all the additives and ingredients just cause further problems. My skin just doesn't do well with cleansers that are disguised as scrubs and vice versa. And the majority of scrubs out there seem to be along those lines. Or there's the other end of the scale with scrubs that just don't have enough of a texture to feel like they're actually exfoliating.

But this is the perfect middle ground. The texture is very fine, similar to sand, but it has a smoothed out shape so it doesn't cut my skin or overstimulate. I love that it's simple too. No liquid binders or ingredients to irritate. Just nice little grains to buff out my skin when I need it.

I've been using this for about four years now and I love it. I only have to purchase it once a year and I use it about 2-3 times per week. I vary in how I use it. Sometimes I pour a little bit in my palm and just add a little water and it works great. Other times I add a bit to my cleanser if I want that soapy feeling. I use about a dime sized amount every time.

I love the jar for some reason. It just feels like the perfect container for this, even though it is glass and isn't the best for travel. But the lid screws on tight and I've never had any problems with moisture seeping in. And surprisingly no breaks or spills yet, which is awesome considering I'm not the most coordinated.

I highly recommend this for sensitive skin, or just for anyone looking for a simple scrub.

So Important

The two most important things in taking care of my skin are thorough cleansing and exfoliating. I have been exfoliating in one way or another since my early twenties, and even though I have great skin genes...it has helped. Couldn't go a day without exfoliating.

I kept getting samples of these and finally I had to purchase. Am glad I made the investment. Itís so inexpensive, really. They last a long time and gently buff my face. I can also use my cleanser without them when I'm using a more aggresive scrub or peel that day.. My face needs different levels of exfoliation. There are
"exfoliating cleansers" out there, but I canít adjust them for my needs or put them near my eyes. At night, I take my eye makeup off with my cleanser (which is Purity Made Simple), then squirt a little more Purity in my hand and mix in the cleansing grains. Simple.

I still have half my bottle left, and I purchased months ago. The rest of my skin care and makeup is nothing without a good buffing:)

on 9/19/2008 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I just got a sample of this product and I love it!!! My face has never been so silky smooth! As stated on the package, you only need a VERY small amount so even though I've used it twice, I still have about 2 or 3 more uses left in the little envelope. So even though the full size is kind of expensive (i think its $40 USD), it must last for about a year or so. I will definately be buying this one in full size! Highly recommend this one!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The adzuki bean powder is Bobbi Brown's version of microdermabrasion on a more natural level. I really like these and have purchased about three bottles. I have to be careful and use a gentle hand with these as they can get sensitive skin like mine pretty revved up. My favorite way to use this product is to mix them with her EXTRA Balm Rinse. Still, I am somewhat on the fence even with all the praise. I cannot imagine them NOT exfoliating as rough as they are but at the same time I have never really noticed a big difference. I say I would repurchase but on fence about that too.Lovely product but not sure it is doing me any good.

on 1/6/2008 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this in a little sample packette, and so far I've gotten 2 uses out of it--I expect there will be at least 5 because of the little amount you actually need to use. I really really love this item! I poured my packette into an empty BB bottle and just adding a tiny amount to your regular cleanser gives wonderful exfoliation! Well worth it. Definitely would buy full size.
ADDITION: 1/9/08: I got 7 uses out of this little packette!
Also, thank you to the user below who mentions "Japanese Cleansing Grains" from the Soap Opera--it is EXACTLY THS SAME as BB's grains, but for a much better price. Instead of $40+ for .99 oz I got 4 oz for $5+. Now that is significant I think.

on 11/5/2007 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

As many others have said, this is definitely not something someone w/sensitive skin could use daily, but I mix with a cream cleanser once a week for a good exfoliation. However......$40 for an ounce?! WHY??? I've been getting the same thing at The Soap Opera for eons and it's $3.95 for 2 ounces. There you can get different sizes too.. I actually get the 8 ounce bottle for $11.95 and it's the same freakin thing as Bobbi Brown's!! I love Bobbi Brown's cosmetics but this is a total rip off. That's why I only gave it two stars. The product is fine but the price is highway robbery. Go to thesoapopera.com and search "Japanese Cleansing Grains" if you like this product but hate the price tag. The Soap Opera is an awesome store!

on 10/18/2007 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I would buy this again but a small amount goes so far that I don't know that I will ever run out. I have rosacea and can't usually use a scrub on my face because it is too irritating. I mix a dime size amount of this with my cleanser and buff my face a couple of times a week in the shower. My face feels extra clean and fresh afterwards but there is no redness. As long as this product is available I will never feel the need to try another scrub.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Not a terrible product, but it was just a little too harsh for my skin. I tried adjusting the amounts and pressure each time I would use it, but each time it was irritating. I prefer a product such as Kiehl's Micro Dermabrasion since the particles are a bit smaller, but I still feel that it exfoliates just as well.