Revlon Super Lustrous - Mauvy Night

Super Lustrous - Mauvy Night

4.8

on 8/14/2017 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wore this a few years ago and tried it again recently. A wonderful colour! I'm fair with pink undertones and this looks completely fine on my lips! It wears well and is super comfortable, not drying at all. Revlon lipsticks are the best in the drugstore and this one takes the cake. I'm nw10 btw. Not sure if this is helpful.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

On my pigmented lips, this offers a slight boost of color. It is not drying and glides on my lips nicely. It was hard to find as it was alway sold out but I was able to locate it at my local Target. I adore mauve colors and this one is wonderful in completing my daily look.

on 5/1/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Just get this. It's a great mauve with a modern sophisticated edge. I'm an nc25 but I actually wear urban decay naked 3.0 foundation, and tarte Amazonia clay in light medium sand if that helps... I'm a sort of light olive but with redness I try to cover.

Its a medium tone on me, in my favorite "darkest range" of lipstick... easy to wear, blends great with mauve tones in lips... very comparable to UD Rapture, but slightly less glossy (rapture is a glossy finish on me which I wish was more satin) great with black or cool-toned outfits, blues, whites etc. I have tons of lipsticks. But could maybe just have Revlon mauvy night, Revlon blushing nude, and UD amulet and have a workable lipstick wardrobe for me... (well, maybe a few more colors!!)

on 3/28/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is simply lovely! I have a terrible time finding lipstick that doesn't look too dramatic or clownish on me due to my light coloring & thin lips (which is why I typically stick to glosses). My seasonal coloring straddles the line between light spring & light summer. I've tried shades that lean warmer since I have quite a bit of yellow in my skin, but I just don't think they look as good on me as pinkier/rosier colors. But if the pink is too bright or brown or purple, it takes over my whole face. This shade from Revlon has found the elusive mauve sweet spot! I don't apply full strength...I just tap onto my lips and then top with a little bit of gloss. So pretty!! It makes my lips look fuller and, as another poster mentioned, my teeth and blue eyes also look brighter. It gives my face an overall healthy, fresh look. Finally, it's a smooth, comfortable formula that wears well and doesn't settle into lines. Winner!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I've worn Revlon lipsticks for 30+ years and it has always been the first brand I go to for a different color. I tried Mauvy Night after reading somewhere that it's a huge seller for them, and it appeared in the pic to be a good color for me. I'm NW20-25. I love it. I'm fair and because of my age and my lousy skin, I don't wear a lot of color on my lids or my cheeks, and wearing some color on my lips is a way to perk up my face. This is a great color for doing just that, and it makes my teeth look a bit whiter. I've always loved this formula. It wears evenly and as it fades, I usually just apply balm or gloss on top.

on 12/19/2016 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Ditto to all the other 5-lippie reviews! Smooth, moisturizing, even color. Satin finish is very flattering. Great every day color for anyone who looks good in mauve/berry shades. I think it will become a HG product for me. I am 46 with cool coloring, dark blonde hair and light skin, blue eyes.

on 11/12/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Picked this one out on my own before reading any reviews - SO glad I did! I have been searching for this color for sooooo long - the perfect mauvy, berry, dusty color that can easily go from day to night. Put it on my lips and instantly fell in love, then I came here to check out the reviews. I was not surprised! This is HG quality for me.

on 1/31/2016 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mauvy Night. The MLBB shade I would have never expected.

I would say what makes this lipstick different is that it is somewhat, but not actually, sheer. It's a deepish, dusty, yet bright mauve saved by that hint of sheer. Freshly applied it is a beautiful but subtle shade. Layers well. I pair it was a neutral liner. As with most Revlon lipsticks it has a good bit of staying power and is not drying. As it wears it makes my lips look naturally colored, like I've been outdoors or kissing a lot, or both :).

Highly recommend this!

on 1/6/2016 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm in love with Mauvy Night and in general, all creme finishes in the Super Lustrous line. This cool toned mauve colour is just so perfect for my yellow toned, extremely pale, borderline grey-ish NC10-15 skin. It might look too cool and "dead" on people with much warmer skin tone, but for my actual dead face with literally not enough blood circulation, it's the dreeaaaaam. It's not super pigmented, but it's enough for the colour to show in one swipe. It's very comfortable on my lips, I barely feel it there at all, and quite long lasting to my surprise (I have Kiss Me Coral as well, I think can safely vouch for their lasting power)! I ate rich porridge for lunch once and when I finished, the colour faded a bit but it was still there. Normally such moisturing formulas would fade on me in a heart beat (read: the ColorBurst line. I have Mauve from that line, it transfers and it fades like a MF, if I didn't like that colour so much I would have toss it long ago. For reference, it's the same mauve family, but slightly warmer and more pronouncedly pink than Mauvy Night). I almost don't need a lip balm underneath with this, only a very thin layer, and to be honest if there's too much lip balm, the colour can't settle, slips around and fades. But as I said, it's quite nourishing on its own, at the end of the day, my lips are not at all dried, which is super amazing, as I have very dry lips that are prone to chapping if not properly moisturised throughout the day. I had a terrible experience with the Pearl finish (specifically, the Coralberry, it dried out my lips, the glitter sat in my lines and I was picking dead skin off my lips halfway through the day), just to show how bad my lips are.
I wouldn't call this is a MLBB colour for me, my lips are actually quite pink but that pink is useless on such a pale face. It sits so at home (just as another reviewer said) on my face, but at the same time you can definitely tell I'm wearing lipstick. On days I don't care, I just moisturise my face, do a pair of bold brows, curl my lashes and put Mauvy Night on, and I still feel as good as days when I wear a full face. That's how much I love this colour and how confident it makes me feel. I highly recommend this colour to anyone!

i LOVE this lipstick. it is creamy and glides on my lips even if i don't put on lip balm first. at first it is shiny and glossy looking but over time it has more of a matte finish without being drying, which i adore. it goes on fairly sheer at first - with one or two swipes, it is the perfect MLBB shade for my neutral fair/medium skin. when i layer on more, the color becomes a beautiful mauvy berry shade that is super flattering. LOVE this lipstick, i hope revlon never stops making it!!