REVLON Super Lustrous - Mauvy Night

REVLON Super Lustrous - Mauvy Night
Super Lustrous - Mauvy Night

4.8

on 9/26/2018 11:35:00 AM

I saw these reviews and definitely wanted to try this lipstick. When I saw it in the store it looked nothing like the picture here - almost, lavender-ish. I almost didn't buy it! There was ONE left, and it was under the wrong name. Boy am I glad I did buy it. As others have said, it kind of blends in with and tints my lips and just looks like I have really pretty natural lips. Now that I've found it, I'm sure they will discontinue it LOL.

on 8/18/2018 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This shows up more as the perfect tinted balm on my lips. It’s perfect for everyday wear, especially on days I’m going for a more pronounced eye look and I want to keep the lips neutral but defined. Even after it fades a bit, there’s a slight stain left on my lips that I don’t hate at all.
The mauvy color has hints of a cool undertone and can suit pretty much anyone. Plus, when it's on sale, it's basically 5$ CAD, so what's not to love? :P

on 8/14/2017 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wore this a few years ago and tried it again recently. A wonderful colour! I'm fair with pink undertones and this looks completely fine on my lips! It wears well and is super comfortable, not drying at all. Revlon lipsticks are the best in the drugstore and this one takes the cake. I'm nw10 btw. Not sure if this is helpful.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

On my pigmented lips, this offers a slight boost of color. It is not drying and glides on my lips nicely. It was hard to find as it was alway sold out but I was able to locate it at my local Target. I adore mauve colors and this one is wonderful in completing my daily look.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I've worn Revlon lipsticks for 30+ years and it has always been the first brand I go to for a different color. I tried Mauvy Night after reading somewhere that it's a huge seller for them, and it appeared in the pic to be a good color for me. I'm NW20-25. I love it. I'm fair and because of my age and my lousy skin, I don't wear a lot of color on my lids or my cheeks, and wearing some color on my lips is a way to perk up my face. This is a great color for doing just that, and it makes my teeth look a bit whiter. I've always loved this formula. It wears evenly and as it fades, I usually just apply balm or gloss on top.

on 5/1/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Just get this. It's a great mauve with a modern sophisticated edge. I'm an nc25 but I actually wear urban decay naked 3.0 foundation, and tarte Amazonia clay in light medium sand if that helps... I'm a sort of light olive but with redness I try to cover.

Its a medium tone on me, in my favorite "darkest range" of lipstick... easy to wear, blends great with mauve tones in lips... very comparable to UD Rapture, but slightly less glossy (rapture is a glossy finish on me which I wish was more satin) great with black or cool-toned outfits, blues, whites etc. I have tons of lipsticks. But could maybe just have Revlon mauvy night, Revlon blushing nude, and UD amulet and have a workable lipstick wardrobe for me... (well, maybe a few more colors!!)

on 3/28/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is simply lovely! I have a terrible time finding lipstick that doesn't look too dramatic or clownish on me due to my light coloring & thin lips (which is why I typically stick to glosses). My seasonal coloring straddles the line between light spring & light summer. I've tried shades that lean warmer since I have quite a bit of yellow in my skin, but I just don't think they look as good on me as pinkier/rosier colors. But if the pink is too bright or brown or purple, it takes over my whole face. This shade from Revlon has found the elusive mauve sweet spot! I don't apply full strength...I just tap onto my lips and then top with a little bit of gloss. So pretty!! It makes my lips look fuller and, as another poster mentioned, my teeth and blue eyes also look brighter. It gives my face an overall healthy, fresh look. Finally, it's a smooth, comfortable formula that wears well and doesn't settle into lines. Winner!

on 12/19/2016 7:37:00 AM

Ditto to all the other 5-lippie reviews! Smooth, moisturizing, even color. Satin finish is very flattering. Great every day color for anyone who looks good in mauve/berry shades. I think it will become a HG product for me. I am 46 with cool coloring, dark blonde hair and light skin, blue eyes.

i LOVE this lipstick. it is creamy and glides on my lips even if i don't put on lip balm first. at first it is shiny and glossy looking but over time it has more of a matte finish without being drying, which i adore. it goes on fairly sheer at first - with one or two swipes, it is the perfect MLBB shade for my neutral fair/medium skin. when i layer on more, the color becomes a beautiful mauvy berry shade that is super flattering. LOVE this lipstick, i hope revlon never stops making it!!

on 1/31/2016 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mauvy Night. The MLBB shade I would have never expected.

I would say what makes this lipstick different is that it is somewhat, but not actually, sheer. It's a deepish, dusty, yet bright mauve saved by that hint of sheer. Freshly applied it is a beautiful but subtle shade. Layers well. I pair it was a neutral liner. As with most Revlon lipsticks it has a good bit of staying power and is not drying. As it wears it makes my lips look naturally colored, like I've been outdoors or kissing a lot, or both :).

Highly recommend this!