Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips - Custom Bronzer Blush and Eye Shadow

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips - Custom Bronzer Blush and Eye Shadow
Shimmer Strips - Custom Bronzer Blush and Eye ShadowShimmer Strips - Custom Bronzer Blush and Eye Shadow

4.3

Mica, Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Water, PVP, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide

I had been looking for a holy grail highlighter from the drugstore for a while. Kathleenlights always talked about these but I guess I never really looked into it too much. After trying the other shimmer strips they offer( the one in the lacy pink box) I was pretty discouraged. I picked up Vegas strip on a whim when I was at shoppers because of how stunning it looked in the packaging. I am so relieved that I got this since it was the last one there but also because this is probably my holy grail highlighter. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. It's very pigmented and finely milled, feels like a very soft powder. Each strip by its own is very wearable and is lasting. When blended together, you get a beautiful peachy sheen. The packaging is sleek and bulky enough that it wouldn't break if I were ever to drop it. Gives such a beautiful glow to the cheeks. If you're looking for a superb subtle highlight that can also give you that amrezy metallic glow then I would look into it 100%.

on 2/17/2016 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

As others have mentioned, I would not recommend this as a bronzer. It's too shimmery/sparkle-y. I mainly used each strip as a different color for my eyeshadow, and the top part is fun for a shimmery inner corner highlight. You probably won't run out of this product, so no need to repurchase. If you like shimmery eyeshadows, and like to play around with bronze colors for the summer, this could be fun!

To Read all 207 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/6/2016 8:27:00 PM

It's ok, but not so good that I would like to buy it again. The colors are nice, but there is to much shimmer, and I especially don't like the packaging.

Although now I use Moonstone by Becca as my main highlighter due to it's silky texture and rich pigment, this highlighter by Physicians Formula was my go-to. The amount of product, performance, and pigment is great for the low price tag. You have to swirl your brush several times to pick up sufficient pigment, but it still an excellent substitute for the price!

on 1/6/2015 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I actually do like this:) its a versatile product

on 7/24/2014 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product. The colour lasts all day and the shimmer is gorgeous. I can't get it at my Priceline anymore so not sure if its been discontinued but if you can get it, try it!

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have this in the shade Miami Strip & whilst I'd never use it as a bronzer or blush (way too shimmery!) it's still a fabulous multi-use product. As eyeshadow, I usually apply it over a MAC paint pot & the pigment is full on with no fall out & it stays put all day with no fading/creasing. It's also super pretty & very flattering. For a go-to day look, I apply the lightest colour in my inner corner & brow bone, the second lightest on the lid then a mix of the two darkest shades to define my crease & outer V. As a highlighter, I often swirl all the shades together with a medium sized fluffy brush & apply to the tops of my cheek bones. I often take whatever's left on the brush down my nose & across my Cupid's bow which always looks so pretty. You want to use a very light hand & a super soft, fluffy brush when doing this though, else you'll end up looking like a glitter ball - not cute. The packaging is very simple & you don't get a mirror but it's very sturdy which makes it great for travelling. I would 100% repurchase this!

This is very similar to the new formula called Warm Nude that Physician Formula came out with a few months ago. Like everyone said this is a multi-use product that you can use as a blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, highlighter. The Waikiki strip has a peachy tone just like warm nude that came out this year 2014. You can see a comparison video that I made on both of these formulas and swatches on my youtube channel.

I brought this years ago as it was supposed to be a dupe for Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. It has a similar appearance but I never tried the BB shimmer bricks so I cant tell you if it's a dupe or not.

The problem with waikiki strip is that the formula is very hard and it takes many brush strokes before I can pick up the product. But the results are nice. It is shimmery but not glittery and I use it as a blush, bronzer, and highlighter. I do prefer warm nude because of how soft and easy it is for my brush to pick up the product. Here's my video review.

on 4/18/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have worn this since my early 20s (and I'm 30 now).

I have tried pretty much all the colors...I think all but the Riviera (with the white/cream strip at the top instead of pink) are too orangey for my pale, NC15ish skin (blonde hair, neutral undertones).

As I'm now 30, I can't really wear this as a bronzer so much in the daytime (too shimmery/sparkly), but I still love it as a highlighter (top 1-2 strips) and eyeshadow (bottom strips). I love it for traveling because it's like three products in one.

I currently use a Real Techniques blush brush to apply...it works well because it's loose and rounded, so the finish isn't streaky.

It's really easy to overapply this when you're inside, but check in natural light (if you plan to wear it in natural light), because it can come off super glittery and dark/dirty if you put too much and concentrate too heavily on the lower (darker brown) strips.

This does give a beautiful glow, and I love, love, love it for the summer time. Just a light dusting does make me a little warmer, a little tanner, a little glowier. Trying to wear it before I'm too old to wear shimmer even at night! :)

PS This is one of the ONLY Physicians Formula blushes/bronzers that has NO LAUROYL LYSINE. Hooray! That stuff is as bad as pure coconut oil on my skin.

on 2/21/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Miami strip color. I have used it for several years. I use it for a glow over my cheeks after I have applied my blush and I also use it for eye shadow. I think the Miami strip colors work good for medium skin tones.

Popular Bronzers