4.3

price range

Reviews

from

a month ago

So, I only have been using Vaseline as makeup remover recently since I learned that all the scary myths of petrolatum are just that, myths. They don't actually clog pores, it is no longer petroleum from chemical processing, etc. I use it as makeup remover. So I take a little fingerful of jelly and rub it all over my face. Especially when I wear fou dation and/or sunscreen. The jelly just breaks them down. Even eye makeup. After its all been emulsified, I take my fave makeup wipe and wipe away! Done! Face is left clean as a whistle and moisturized than just using a wipe alone! Another way I use it is to moisturize/occulse my face after a retinol treatment or before I head out into the harsh winter weather. This way it protects my face. And if course, I love it for my lips!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

5 months ago

I found that my skin doesn’t tolerate Vaseline/petroleum jelly at all. Although, the molecules are said to be too big to clog pores, somehow I always end up with more white heads and clogged pores than usual if I put this on my face, no matter how thick/thin the layer is. Other than my face, it’s great for chapped/cracked skin on the body.

About reviewer (116 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Tried at least 5 products on an eczema rash that has been going on for 5 months. Anti-itch creams, products, powders didn't work. Finally read that Vaseline Petroleum Jelly was actually one of the best things for eczema, and it has been steadily improving!

About reviewer (235 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This is my go-to eye makeup remover. everything else really irritates them. Packaging isn't cute but it gets the job done. And you can usually find it at the dollar store.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2.0

2 years ago

This may be just me. My skin is just so sensitive to petroleum stuffs. I have little bumps appearing above my lips after using it as a lip balm. Would not think this is good for make up remover as it will cause oil clot too.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

2 years ago

After a serious bike crash in which I sustained severe facial injuries, my plastic surgeon advised that the best thing I could possibly use on my scars was Vaseline Petroleum Jelly and he said this was commonly agreed amongst plastic surgeons. It used to be believed that drying out a wound would help it to scab and heal but it is now known that keeping it moist with products like this will provide the best long-term outcome with way less scarring. My face has healed amazingly. I wouldn't use it on an open wound but after the wound has started to heal and unlikely to become infected.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2.0

3 years ago

A staple and a must have for so many uses and it's cheap - but - the tub packaging is unsanitary and it's PETROLEUM jelly (mineral based. Eeew.) There are many better alternatives nowadays.

About reviewer (2443 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Peroleum jelly my lips throughout my life

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrown

4 years ago

I've been using Vaseline (and generic pure petroleum jelly) for years as an eye makeup remover (as well as a lip treatment and to moisturize extremely dry irritated skin and even cuticles). It works perfectly to remove any eye makeup I may use (long wear and waterproof eyeliners, water proof mascara, eyelash glue residue), it's very inexpensive and lasts a long time. To take off waterproof mascara, I apply about a pea sized amount to the eye area, let it sit for a moment, and gently massage my eyelashes between my thumb and index finger -- you can feel the mascara lifting off of your lashes. Wipe it off with a tissue and it's completely gone. Love it!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I really like the vaseline pure petroleum jelly! I have dry skin,when i use it my skin isn't really dry anymore and i also use it on my lips! It mosturizes my lips and also make my eyelashes longer(i saw some ideas from youtube) I will repurchase this.....definitely

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18