LORAC Kiwi Eyeshadow

No Image

4.8

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Lovely shade of green-grey/grey-green color that works wonders for my very cool skin.

Livens my eyes and gives them something special. I like to use this as accent on an evening out for that sultry look. The color does not run, fade and seems to last, last and last. It applies evenly and creamy and is on par with other LORAC eyeshadows (LORAC makes high quality eyeshadows and I always feel they are sorely underrated here at MUA) I love this eyeshadow!

I love this color but I have absolutely no idea why. Silver is a terrible color for me, it really is. But this isn't really silver- it's like a shimmery dirty grey. It pairs really nicely with taupes and lavenders. The texture is that lovely LORAC quality that I know and love, amazing pigmentation. I never honestly thought I'd love this color, I mostly picked it up on a whim because it was so cheap on HauteLook. Bravo, LORAC, for creating another unique amazing color!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have tried a few other shades similar to Kiwi in the past and they typically do not work for me. Although I am cool-toned, I am also very pale with translucent skin and somehow green-grey eyeshadows tend to make my undereye darkness stand out like nobody's business. In addition, green-grey shades have a tendency to make my olive green eyes look a strange brown color. So when I received Kiwi I thought it looked lovely in the pan but I was not holding out much hope for it being a wearable shade for me. After trying Kiwi out, I can't quite put my finger on why this eyeshadow is different from other green-grey shades I have tried but it actually works! I think it has just enough brightness/lightness and a ever-so-subtle blue tone that it doesn't emphasize my dark undereye circles. The contrast between this silvery green and my darker, warmer olive green eyes made my eyes look intensely green and almost more of a "jade" type of color! My guess is that Kiwi is a shade that will morph quite a bit on different skintones and when blended with various other eyeshadow shades. On me, Kiwi ends up reminding me of how I thought MAC Vex would look when I first purchased it (before I tried it and realized it pulls quite pink on me). As the other ladies have mentioned, the texture, pigmentation, and blendability of this eyeshadow are lovely. Kiwi has been a pleasant surprise!

on 4/19/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really loovee this eyeshadow. It adheres to my lids beautifully, you'd think there was a magnet there. As well, with these eyeshadows, a little goeasa long way one dip of the brush is all i need for one eyelid. Better packaging maybe? because of the twist-lid the once-pressed shadow is now a loose powder and easily spills over.

on 12/21/2007 4:12:00 AM

LORAC EYESHADOWS ARE THE BEST!!
STOP CONTEMPLATING BUYING THIS PRODUCT
BEST EYESHADOWS EVER

MAC = "Drugstore" Compared to Lorac!!!

They are perfect! Smooth! not too glittery! Not too Shimmery! Not too Matte! just the perfect texture!

on 4/6/2007 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I cannot say enough good things about LORAC. I love this brand! Their makeup is such high quality, especially their blushes and eyeshadows. I love this eyeshadow for the color, a gorgeous silvery mint green that looks great layered with a darker color for a smokey effect. The pigment of this shadow is AMAZING, even better than MAC in my opinion. And the shimmer is unbeatable. I will definitely be buying more shadows from LORAC.

on 12/2/2006 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Kiwi is such a pretty color! A nice green/gray/silver, perfect for a toned down daytime smokey eye. I have worn this color every day for the last two weeks (and I usually never wear the same color two days in a row)! The quality is great as well. I have very oily lids, and this stay put all day (as long as I wear UD primer potion of course). One of my best eye shadow buys so far.

Even with a fruit name, this e/s could be really elegant when applied on/around crease. I already have a lot of green e/s, but this one is so special that I have to have it. It is like green + grey, very suitable for day wear. Also a wonderful color for smokey eyes! Love it!

on 5/7/2006 9:04:00 PM

One of the best "impulse" makeup buys of mine recently. I actually went to Sephora to buy Lorac's eyeshadow in "Serenity," saw "Kiwi" and had to try that shade as well. To me, it looked like a subtle shimmery sage green with some gray to it. The quality of Lorac shadows is very nice--super soft with nice pigmentation that is pretty true to the color in the pot. The packaging is nothing fancy and the price is rather steep but it is a good quality and a normal amount of product. "Kiwi" on my eyes is a dream--shimmery without being gaudy, glittery or gritty. I see more of the gray-tone to the color once it is actually on my eyes but it looks great--not a typical charcoal or silver gray, it still has a sage green hint to it that reminds me of a toned-down "mermaid" eye look. I have deep blue eyes and with black mascara and a nude lip and cheek, it looks great even for work. I agree with the previous reviewer that coral would look great with "Kiwi" as well (my next try!). I also agree with the previous reviewer that this can give that "smokey" eye look without looking like a racoon. I took off one lippie because the shadow did not wear very well on my lids--it was creased and rather worn-off by the days end. But I must note, it's been a long time (if ever?) since I haven't had an eyeshadow crease and fade on me; I have that problem with almost ALL shadows because my lids must be oily and I almost never put on a eyeshadow base (although I know I should!)

on 2/20/2006 10:26:00 PM

This color makes my brown eyes pop! It looks good with coral lipstick/blush in the summer. This is a lighter and more subtle alternative to the smokey gray eye look.