Almay Line Smoothing Compact Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Almay Line Smoothing Compact Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Titanium Dioxide 3.8%.INACTIVE Ingredients:Aqua (water, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, NYLON-12, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax, Cire Microcristall), Talc, Synthetic Wax, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Alumina, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf Juice), Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Saccharide Isomerate, Cucumis Sactivus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (grape), Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Amylopectin, Glycerin Crosspolymer, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Riboflavin, Erythrulose, Caffeine, Algae Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Sorbitol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Triethanolamine, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxy Caprylysilane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides

on 1/24/2010 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in CVS on sale for $4.00. I got color neutral and beige. It is a light weighted cream-to powder foundation. It goes on skin smoothly and gives a medium coverage. The make-up calls for dry skin so it gives a semi-matte finish (not a powdery finish). My skin is on the dry side in the winter times. I tried and liked for now (winter time).

on 7/10/2009 2:07:00 AM

I am happy I got this on a clearance sale! It is discontinued so I got to try it right before it disappeared off the shelves.

I got it in buff. I was really worried it would look too pale on me but it suits my skin tone just fine - I just have to wear a little blush. It is my first cream to powder foundation. I have been dying to try one. I almost bought Max Factor but I read on MUA that it cakes up.

This foundation meets all my expectations! I looove the smooth feel of it when you touch it. It is way more fun for me to apply it from a compact than a bottle like most foundations.Texture is great. Goes on light and smooth. I often use face products with salicyc acid so I often have dry flaky spots. I can't say it has completely hidden them but it definitely hasn't accentuated them at least. I love the dewy look it gives me. More than other foundations I have (L'oreal True Match, The Body Shop Moisturizing Foundation and Revlon Beyond Natural). It does something to make my skin look more supple.

Very happy with the purchase!! Will try to go back to the drugstore to get a few more!! The big plus is also the fact that Almay doesn't test on animals!!! I am trying not to buy from companies that do anymore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For those who were concerned that this was discontinued, it looks like it's been reissued because my package says "New!" on it.

I finally gave up on Colorstay when my bottle ran out. It started out great but then I developed persistent acne flareups which was the same problem I had with it years ago (see my review). The cold weather is drying out my skin and Rite Aid had an Almay BOGO so I figured I'd try something completely different.

Packaging: The foundation is covered with foil which I had difficulty removing and I ended up making a big ditch in the makeup. The actual makeup is sandwiched between the mirror and a bizarre sub-compartment that houses the sponge (which I will not use anyway because re-using sponges is nasty). This makes the compact bulky and kinda clumsy to open and use.

Color: I got this in Buff. I was skeptical because Almay's Buff tends to go a bit dark and orange on me, but the next lighter shade is just as wrong. This makeup looks really dark in the pan but it applies much lighter and is actually a great match. Score on that.

Coverage: I need medium to heavy coverage because I have stubborn, watery acne in various stages of healing on my neck, jawline, and cheeks. I apply by stippling with a dry wedge and I get great results. I have a couple monster zits that I lightly dab with a concealer. The overall finish is smooth and even. It does not sink into my lines or magnify my large pores.

Staying power: Since I'm used to drier, long-lasting liquids, this formula is an adjustment for me. It does rub off on clothing. Seems to help when I set it with loose powder, but that makes me feel like I have too much gunk on my face. I need to blot my T-zone and re-blend in the eye creases at mid-day but no big deal. As long as nothing rubs my face it stays on.

Complexion: The million-dollar question: "Does this break me out?" I don't know yet. I'm always nervous about using anything "hydrating". My acne seems to be improving since I switched from Colorstay. I've only been using this about a week, however, so I may still be in the honeymoon phase. I'll edit if I develop any problems.

So far, I am really pleased with this foundation and as long as it doesn't break me out I will repurchase. At $14.99, esp with the BOGO, I got a fair deal.

12/4/2008 ETA: Still using this compact, although it will be empty tomorrow. It goes fast and will require monthly repurchase (at least) which makes it pretty expensive.

I found this at Liquidation World. They were selling it for a buck a piece, the price tag was still on them at 15.99. So I grabbed 3 colors. Buff, Ivory and Neutral. I've tried them all and all 3 colors work with my skin tone.
This stuff really smells funky, but after a while its gone. Its good coverage. I didnt get any "orange" tinge. Which most foundation do turn to on my skin. I did get a small amount of acne breakout.
I guess I would buy this again, but not for 15.99.

on 5/28/2009 10:46:00 AM

I had all but given up on drug store makeup because they either break me out, dry me up, or just look ridiculous. I decided to try this one and so far I love it. It feels nice, stays all day, hasn't broken me out (so far), and looks nice. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I would like a bit heavier coverage and I do set it with a powder. I guess the medium coverage is why it looks so natural though. I will be thrilled if it continues to work for me. How wonderful to be able to buy my makeup at Walmart instead of making extra trips to department stores with little ones in tow.

on 9/26/2008 8:07:00 PM

I have the naked, and I really like it. My only complaint is the multiple steps needed to use the product! Open the case, open the flap, open the bottom for the applicator....just a minor complaint, I love it other than that.

on 5/7/2008 3:58:00 PM

My HG. I love it. The Neutral shade matches my skin perfectly. No other makeup on this planet does. It goes on smooth and feels great. If it has been discontinued as someone else wrote I'll be very upset! Though I'll probably stick to Almay products just the same since they keep the acne at bay.

on 4/22/2008 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I am a little on the fence about this product. The lightest shade is too dark for my skin and a little too orange, but it's sheer enough that i can blend it out and when I apply a powder on top it looks great. It's doesn't stay put and it basically slides off my face after about 2 hours, one hour if I am running around at work. It's has an SPF 15 which is great but I don't know how that does any good when the makeup disappears so fast. This all sounds very bad so far and you are probably wondering why i don't hate this foundation. Something in it really makes my skin look good, I don't know if it's the aloe or the grape seed oil or what it is, but overall my skin looks better since I started using this foundation. Even when the makeup is gone my skin looks better than usual, very clear and even, it healed up some acne scars that had been hanging around on my cheek for months. So I don't really know what to do here, I think this product would be great for someone with less oily skin than me, I don't want to stop using it but it's not doing what it's supposed to do, they should turn this into a nice moisturizer it's not working for me as a foundation. Maybe I will try out one of almay's moisturizers and see if it reproduces the great skin results, I don't think I will repurchase the foundation.

I am so upset they discontinued this!!! Now they only have 3 colors....which doesn't make any sense! This was my HG for years and it never cakes on my dry skin and with a little powder on top you get a very dewy, glowing, natural look. 260 Sand was a perfect color match for me! I happened to find some in a deserted rite-aid somewhere in the valley and i ended up buying 3 packages. Perfect for the winter and even in the summer since it feels very light on your skin but provides solid, medium coverage...

I don't understand with these make-up and skincare companies....they always have to discontinue the best products--the ones that work and people love....ugh

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm very impressed with this product. I bought it for around $14, which is pretty pricey for drugstore makeup but well worth it. I'm using this as concealer, so it should last me a pretty long time at the rate I'm going.

Pros: doesn't accentuate any dryness that I have (esp. around my eyes), very creamy and blendable, looks natural, never cakey, has an SPF of 15. Package is very simplistic, sanitary & comes with a mirror that can come in handy for touch-ups.

Cons: Hard to find a color match. I use 280 warm, which looked too dark in the package for my skintone, but was actually one or two shades lighter than my skin (perfect for concealer). Not reccomended for anyone with tan or dark skin, as you may not be able to find a suitable shade. The package can be bulky if you don't use the sponge that comes with it

Highly recommended for anyone with dry skin that is able to find a color match.