3.9

Reviews

1.0
from

9 years ago

I bought this on a whim because it was on sale at Shopper's Drugmart. Here is my review after using it for about a week: Texture / Feel: Creamy, slightly greasy feel that does not absorb into skin - I can definitely 'feel' it on my face. My face felt a little dry and itchy after application. Appearance After Application: 'Caitlin' which is described as 'lightest beige' on the packaging is a medium and slightly too orange-y pink for my NC30 complexion. Coverage is light but sits on top of your skin and does go on smoothly. It has a tendency to settle into lines and emphasize dry skin or uneven texture. Moisturizing / Skin Improving Properties: Poor - I wouldn't use this as a primary moisturizer (I have combo skin). I definitely need to prep my skin with moisturizer beforehand. In addition, this clogged my pores and caused me to break out every time I used it. SPF/PA: No sun protection is explicitly stated on the tube, however the ingredients do contain sunscreens: Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (3%), Avobenzone (3%). Scent: Strong unpleasant scent that is similar to plasticine. The scent fades a little after application, but does not go away. Packaging: The tube is easy to use, sanitary, and convenient. Other: Looking closely at the ingredients, this also contains many types of parabens: methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylpareben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben which are endocrine distrupterscan and can be irritants to sensitive skin. Methylparaben applied on skin can reacts UVB causing increased skin aging and DNA damage :S Final Verdict: I do not like this product and will not buy again because of the poor performance as a tinted moisturizer as well as the irritation I experienced.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

10 years ago

I love this product. This is the first tinted moisturizer that I have found that I will use ( and I have a whole drawer full of them! ). I have combination skin (leaning more towards dry) and had been using mineral foundation for the last few years. Even though I still love my Pur Minerals this tinted moisturizer is so multifunctional. On days when I just want a sheer, moisturizing coverage I use just my revolotion face.On the days when I want a full coverage I use this and then lightly dust my Pur Minerals over it. This never, ever looks cakey or settles into any fine lines. I love the look...dewy but not "greasy". It is so natural looking even with my full coverage foundation over it. I never feel "made up". I like this so much I bought a "lot" of these on ebay so I won't run out. A bit pricey but comparable to other good tinted moisturizer. If you are like me and think that tinted moisturizer is not for you.....try it!!!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Other, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

10 years ago

I have used this in "Caitlin," which actually matches my skin pretty well, even though before application it looked a shade darker than my skin. When applied, however, it blends in. For reference I use Laura Mercier TM in Nude (the second lightest shade). I've found, through trial and error, that while the lightest shade of TMs do match my skin exactly, TMs do not look that great on me when they are very light. I find that a shade darker works the best, and the same applies here, because TMs are very sheer and light and the lightest shade do nothing for me at all. I do like the Duwop TM, but the product is very very sheer, so not really tinted at all. It is more moisturizing than Laura Mercier, but I prefer a little coverage (else I'd stick with plain ole moisturizer).

About reviewer (219 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 years ago

I love this. Awesome texture, glowy without being shiny and easy to blend. I accidentally bought this in a shade too dark. I was so upset. Because I loved everything else about it. However it works during the summer. And I got creative. I bought Tara and I'm a NW 20. So Tara is just a tad too dark in the winter. But it makes an awesome bronzer. It blends in flawlessly and it dosn't make my skin look dirty.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

The application felt unlike anything I've applied before. It seriously melts into the skin very quickly and I'm like 'where did the texture go'? You have to blend quickly and then you CANNOT feel it on your skin even by touching it. It's really crazy stuff. So enough about the texture, it does have sheer to light coverage if you need to. I have it in 'Tara' a light biege. 1.7 oz I'll update wear later....

About reviewer (680 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

11 years ago

I really wanted to like this product. The sample in Caitlin looked great and wore well but when I got my first tube from duwop.com -- discovered the dreaded oil separation. (Should have come to MUA first!) Even shaking it doesn't seem to help as it just keeps separating. With the increased humidity now in Florida, it's just too greasy looking. Back to sunblock + foundation for me...

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Medium

11 years ago

This was one of my first tinted moisturisers. I have it in Nanci which is a pretty good match for my very pale skin. It is a touch yellow but loose powder fixes this. The coverage is sheer, but just enough to even the skintone slighty and provide a little glow. I prefer more coverage however. It didn't accentuate flakies and has fairly good staying power. Overall this is a fairly standard TM. You HAVE to shake it though as the oil does seperate, which is pretty annoying! Swatch has been uploaded (:

About reviewer (32 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

HairBlond

11 years ago

One of my fave TM's, and I have tried A LOT of them (I'm a TM JUNKIE! ). I've read that a lot of celebrities use this TM, and hey, if it's good enough for the "red carpet", it's good enough for me! I use this in "Teny" and mix with "Sally" to make my perfect shade from winter to summer, right now I'm about an NC35 and Sally is just a bit too dark, but applied sheerly is passable. The finish is so nice! A little goes a long way, and even though it looks thick coming out of the tube, this applies soooo smoothly, and truly looks like skin, not matte, but not dewy either. One of the few TM's I don't have to apply over another moisturizer! Doesn't leave a sticky film, absorbs completely into the skin. Seems to keep oil at bay better than any other TM I've tried (yet isn't drying, weird). BTW I have purchased 3 tubes and had them over a year and have never gotten oil separation in any of them. Love it!

About reviewer (340 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

11 years ago

I have to say I expected more from this product. I understand it is to make the face luminous and all but this made my face very shiny only after wearing a short time. I liked the color the consistency but the shiny thing is a problem and I use matte primer underneath also. Another thing is the tube thing is ok, wish they used a airless pump easier to get everything out but my tube had some little funny hold thing, not the hole that is supposed to get the product out, this one was in the front and every time I squeezed some would come out there making a mess and then as others wrote you need to shake and kneed to mix this up because the oil sep. well I did this with cap on thinking closed really well not a problem, well is a problem with this fault or funky hole in around the clarp of the tube, there would be a mess of product. Maybe I got a fault one or all is this way but did not like it. I will not repurchase this unfortunatly.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlond

12 years ago

I love this stuff! gives me that natural summery 'glowy but not glittery' skin and it drives matte but goes on smooth and yes, you get oil separation but you can just shake the bottle a couple times or just mix it between the ends of your fingers for some reason mine has a little hole between the bottle and the tip so some of the product escapes through there but that's just probably my bottle i love this stuff, the more you use the more coverage you get basically i have combo skin/shiny t zone but this stuff is oil free and it's great bc it dries matte smooth Love this stuff, will buy again but I still want to try other products :P EDIT 07/09: had this and it did 'separate' into gross icky oily and something but if you shake it well or mix it in your hand it goes on well enough. I've moved on to another tinted moisturizer but I wouldn't have minded buying this again if the sephora i go to now still carries it

About reviewer (6 reviews)

HairBlack