Bourjois Effet Lumiere Trio - Les Bruns Cuivre 41

Bourjois Effet Lumiere Trio - Les Bruns Cuivre 41

4.1

on 10/8/2016 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

The Bourjois Les Bruns Cuivres trio is one of the oldest makeup items I own. I bought it back in 2009 and although I now have a huge eyeshadow collection, I still use this little trio to this day which says something.

The shades are all warm toned and the eyeshadows are a satin formula which looks luxurious and elegant on the eyes despite this being a drugstore product. I find that these shadows do not crease even without primer.

The bronze shade is stunning -it's the perfect mid-toned warm brown. The white gold gives a great brow bone highlight. The middle golden shade is good but a little chalky.

This line has since been discontinued and for a while I was getting frustrated trying to find a dupe for the bronze shade (to no avail). Bourjois still make eyeshadow trios but their current ones are terrible compared to this gem.

This trio is now incredibly hard to find but fortunately, I came across it on Ebay last year and promptly snapped it up. I'm glad I now have a backup.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I use this all the time. I don't use all three shades together, because they're all shimmery and I prefer to mix shimmer shades with matte shades when doing a smoky eye. However, these three shades separately are really beautiful and make for a great golden, bronze-y look and lasts all day.

on 10/4/2011 12:30:00 PM

I got this as a freebie when I bought some of their other products. The colors are natural and very appropriate for daywear. The finish is frosty.However, the brush can be better.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

OMG.. this eye shadow takes me back to my teenage days in high school, I am 22 now, but I remember when I was 14 years old working in a hairdressers as a Saturday girl, and buying this with my tiny little 20 note that I used to earn back in those days. I bought this shade because it was perfect for school, and I can remember how excited I was makes my heart melt a little bit. The colours were lovely and natural for my school day look. I remember being on my break and putting this on in the girls toilets  Perfect for school/work look

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I liked the shades in the compact but since I had to buy it without a tester available, I didn't realize how sheer the colors are. They all look similar and while I like the frosty finish, it ends up looking like I applied a skin-colored highlight all over my lids. The packaging looks pretty cheap too.

on 10/12/2008 5:50:00 AM

I really like this eyeshadow, as you can use each colour by themselves, or blend them, I mainly use them to create a slightly less dramatic (than black or grey) smokey eye look. They also have the perfect amount of shimmer - I often notice this with bourjois - just a touch. I havent had any problems with the packaging and I've had these for a while, you can also use it as a bronzer but the colour isnt amazingly even.

Now for the one problem - I feel the medium brown, which i always use for all over my eyelid before blending with other colours, is a little pinkish when on, meaning that if you put it on too high (as in higher than the eyelid) then your eyes can look sore, meaning you have to start all over again..

I would prefer it if there was no pinky-reddish tinge and it was pure brown.. still love it though!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I think this colour is just a bit more intense and warmer than Les Naturels trio... The colour is quite suitable for everyday use but I guess it's not the best for my skintone. I'm a bit odd-looking with this on. Anyway, the powder stayed on my eyelids for the whole day and I don't have to do any touch up.

on 8/13/2007 6:40:00 PM

I really love the way these shadows go together but I just wish the lid wasn't so hard to open! Other than the lid, I think it's great eyeshadow.

My HG too! I absolutely love this trio! The colours are perfect against my light brown/hazel eyes. The texture is also wonderful, not to mention this eyeshadow has amazing staying power. I first bought this in Amsterdam before Sephora came along. I didn't use many eyeshadows, or when I did, i just settled with whatever there was available locally in Canada. Then, lo and behold, Sephora came along and Bourjois was listed! I was so happy, I ordered 3 of these! So I am well stocked, as these are lovely and made of outstanding quality.RAVE!

on 1/14/2007 4:04:00 PM

My HG eyeshadow! My make-up bag is never complete without this trio. The quality is fantastic and it never creases or fades. Together the three shades look beautiful against my hazel eyes (I am a PPP with red hair) and I find they look great individually. I believe Bourjois cosmetics are produced in the same factory Chanel is made - that explains everything! A definate 5 lippies for quality and value for money.