3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

When I have the money, this is the high end mascara I always turn to. It's got a beautiful black non clumpy formula and brush. It does not make my lashes feel crunchy at all. It goes on smoothly and lasts 7rl hours without smudging. I like it for daily use, as it's lengthening but don't expect it to give much volume. I've always got one in my collection. I do prefer to …Read more

7 of 7 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (330 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

fromlafs

7 months ago

This is definetly my "go to" mascara. I love the stiff bristles on the wand. They separate and lengthen my lashes. The stiff bristles also aid in not getting clumps or too much product thereby preventing matted spider leg eyelashes! There are two black formulas and I always choose the darkest cobalt black as the black Noir is a little on the grey side.

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

9 months ago

This mascara does what it is supposed to do and does it without giving me raccoon eyes. I like the squared-off container- I think it is easier to grip over round ones which can slip and slide if I’ve just applied lotion. I can’t really knock it and think it should be in everyone’s arsenal at some point. That said, while I’ve used this off and on for 20 years, I don’t think I’ll repurchase (or it …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

fromNurse9

9 months ago

This is one of my favourite mascaras. Love the Lancome line (and Givenchy and Dior are top drawer if you can afford the costs). The wand is my favourite of all time as the tip is narrower than it's sister Lancome Star which is conical (the best for those corner lashes) and can reach theedges and smaller or newly grown in lashes especially after chemo. Goes on well and is neither sticky nor …Read more

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

10 months ago

Favorite mascara, have repurchased a bunch of times. It is lengthening, but not particularly volumizing so that may be something to keep in mind before buying.

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

12 months ago

I have tried Hypnôse and Definicils, Definicils is better. I already have long lashes, so the results are ok for me. Some of other mascaras I use transfer or they are difficult to wash. This one is good. Maybelline mascaras are also good, and cheaper.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (173 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

Apr/25/2018

Essential and reliable mascara -- I've tried many along the way including Chanel Le Volume that wears and looks best on me and most recently the greener brands (Lily Lolo). With the Defincils there is no smudging, it's easy to remove with eye makeup remover and stays put. And I love the brush.

5 of 5 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairSilver, Other, Medium

EyesHazel

Mar/07/2018

Amazing mascara! It never clumps except for small chunks every so often (but they are easy to brush out) and is super defining. It does not add any volume, however. I have the waterproof and it does not smudge in any condition. I've cried, skiied, and taken a shower (super steamy and rinsed my face with no soap) and it did not run!

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

3.0

Mar/05/2018

Very average - gives length and defintion - does not hold the curl + smudges badly.
Too expensive for a 'supposed' hight end mascara.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (307 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

Nov/21/2017

I normally don't wear mascara but, now I do. it does it's job. I received a sample of this at Macy's and I will buy it after I use it up:)

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35