Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received a sample of this mascara.

I'm not a huge fan. The mascara does not hold curls well, and within 30 seconds of applying this, I can see them straightening out a bit, and the original curl is mostly undone.

However, it is very lengthening, and it does not smudge or flake on me.

[0]

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this mascara based on all the good reviews. For reference, I have medium length lashes.

There are 2 things that I need in a good mascara - that it can hold a curl and it doesn't smudge. Because of the length of my lashes, lengthening is not at the top of my list. Unfortunately, this mascara did not meet my needs. I didn't hold a curl for long and it started smudging after a couple of hours (I work a regular 8 hour work day, I need mascara to hold up at least that long). I tried to pair this with the Cils primer and that was a bust. Anyway, I'm bummed, because I really wanted to like it. But truthfully, I've had drugstore mascara perform wayyyyy better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Used a sample of this mascara. One of the wetter mascaras I've used. Because of the wetter formula, it doesn't hold curl that well. Smudging/flaking is very good. No flakes. Smudges even less than some of the waterproof mascaras I've used.
Doesn't clump and pretty lengthening.
Overall, in my "like" pile because it literally does not smudge at all, but will not repurchase because not holding a curl is a deal breaker.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This mascara is almost perfect in my opinion. I don't care about volume honestly. I like long, somewhat natural-looking lashes. This lengthens better than any mascara I've used before and separates everything really nicely and evenly. It doesn't get heavy or dry out, and it will hold a curl if you use an eyelash curler first.

The formula is wet, but not overly so. It washes off very easily but doesn't smudge under the eyes.

The only reason I can't give this a perfect score is because is wasn't really black. It looks almost bluish/dark grey on the wand. It looks dark enough when applied, but definitely not as dark as most mascaras that are labeled black. This is odd and seems like it could be an easy fix. They do offer one called "deep black" which may be the better choice, but the difference between black and deep black wasn't explained so I have no idea.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my HG mascara in the nineties and early 2000's, but now compared to other more robust offerings, it seems anaemic. It does build nicely, and lengthens well. But I cannot get the thickness I desire and it takes 2-3 coats to get the length I would like. I bought a tube recently thinking it might be better than what I have been using over the last few years, but it's not as good.

My favorite mascara. i try others, I even get the white filler with black top coat mascaras to bling em out, but when I want a classic - wide-eyed - beautiful look...I always come back.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My HG. Separates & Lengthens like no other. The more coats you add, the more "tarantula"-like they get with some product coated on each lash. It can get raccoon-y on a mild scale but luckily the coating isn't wet or dry (removes cleanly) so the tube takes longer than most to dry out (6 months+).

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This broke me out! I had too give it away after a few uses. It dried out my lashes and dried out my eye area. My eyes where getting flakes in them and they got irritated as well. Don't know why this didn't work since hypnose works just fine on me.
Anyways, the brush is medium-slim and it gives good length but not a whole lot of volume.

My friend who I gave it too loved using it and have repurchased since, but she does have corse and thicker hair than I do and maybe her lashes can take it better than mine.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go to mascara. I love the definition and they way it makes my eyes just pop. I've repurchased many times. It's not perfect, I do get raccoon eyes at the end of the day but it's not terrible. Nothing like L'Oréal Voluminous Crack whore junkie raccoon eyes. Lancôme is expensive but a tube will last me 6 months. No clumping either. Love this mascara.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wasn't the worst, wasn't the best. Didn't clump or flake or transfer. Nothing special considering the price.