Lancôme Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara does what it is supposed to do and does it without giving me raccoon eyes. I like the squared-off container- I think it is easier to grip over round ones which can slip and slide if I’ve just applied lotion. I can’t really knock it and think it should be in everyone’s arsenal at some point. That said, while I’ve used this off and on for 20 years, I don’t think I’ll repurchase (or it will be awhile). It’s solid. I just think I prefer other mascaras over this one, including Hypnose Drama by Lancôme as well. This is great for lengthening and separating for a daytime or low-key look. This is not for dramatic lashes.
For reference, I have oily lids so not giving me raccoon eyes is always a win. My lashes are naturally long as well as curly- so I never curl them.
All in all, a good solid mascara that I cannot knock- I just prefer Hypnose Drama over this one (and over Monsieur Big as well).

This is one of my favourite mascaras. Love the Lancome line (and Givenchy and Dior are top drawer if you can afford the costs). The wand is my favourite of all time as the tip is narrower than it's sister Lancome Star which is conical (the best for those corner lashes) and can reach theedges and smaller or newly grown in lashes especially after chemo. Goes on well and is neither sticky nor gummy or clumpy and spreads the lashes to effectively cost each one separately instead of as a group that I find that the plastic comb-type or two-sided types tend to do. Results in a much cleaner look which lengthens your lashes. May need a couple costs to thicken. Haven't had any fallout and have never seen breakages. I dislike the 'I have 5 eyelashes only' look so this product is perfect if you like the natural but defined look.
The price of $38-40 Canadian isn't cheap but if you can afford great mascara and spend less on other makeup items, I would strongly suggest this product /brand. You won't have to worry about your eyelashes sticking close momentarily as some of the gummy mascaras do that are thickening and have a comb-style plastic wand.

Favorite mascara, have repurchased a bunch of times. It is lengthening, but not particularly volumizing so that may be something to keep in mind before buying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have tried Hypnôse and Definicils, Definicils is better. I already have long lashes, so the results are ok for me. Some of other mascaras I use transfer or they are difficult to wash. This one is good. Maybelline mascaras are also good, and cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

Essential and reliable mascara -- I've tried many along the way including Chanel Le Volume that wears and looks best on me and most recently the greener brands (Lily Lolo). With the Defincils there is no smudging, it's easy to remove with eye makeup remover and stays put. And I love the brush.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing mascara! It never clumps except for small chunks every so often (but they are easy to brush out) and is super defining. It does not add any volume, however. I have the waterproof and it does not smudge in any condition. I've cried, skiied, and taken a shower (super steamy and rinsed my face with no soap) and it did not run!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very average - gives length and defintion - does not hold the curl + smudges badly.
Too expensive for a 'supposed' hight end mascara.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I normally don't wear mascara but, now I do. it does it's job. I received a sample of this at Macy's and I will buy it after I use it up:)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

HOLY GRAIL! The first one I grab 95% of the time for everyday use.

This review is for the regular, not the waterproof. I never use water proof mascaras(lash destroyers) I've used this for around 15 years off and on. I've tried so many others I couldn't even begin to count them. Right now I have about 6 new ones on their way to try and a drawer full of ones I don't like for one reason or another. The search remains for a dupe that is an actual dupe. I have yet to find one.

Love the brush, it is amazing. I save the wands and wash them, then use them to apply cheaper mascaras that give me more volume. Love the formula, never flakes, no dark circles under the lower lashes, no smudges when applying and my lashes never break off, they grow when I use it and are super healthy. I know it does not give you huge volume or length, it is a very natural looking mascara. I can use 2-3 coats and get a fuller look but for everyday, I am fine with just one coat. Sometimes I use CILS Booster under it for a fuller look, other days I don't because it is so gentle on my lashes I will use it alone. It washers off like a dream with my Philosophy Purity, no need to struggle, unlike Lancome Hypnôse Drama which I like but stings and burns my eyes and is hard to remove.

If you like long, thick, volume building mascaras, you probably will not like this. If you like quick, foolproof application that lasts all day, nourishes your lashes and gives you some color and fullness with a little curl, you should love this. The one thing I do NOT like is the price. No mascara should be $27.50, especially when I like to replace it every 8 weeks for sanitary reasons. But it's popular and lots of women love it, like me, so they know we will cringe and pay it. You do not need to replace it every 8 weeks, that's just my goal but I've gone longer and gotten 4-5 months from it.

Details:

For lavishly long, perfectly defined lashes, this iconic award-winning mascara provides the ultimate in separation. Carefully selected polymers coat each lash from root to tip, to help lengthen and outline each lash for unmatched definition. This best-selling mascara's unique brush applicator has specially grooved bristles that hold the perfect amount of product for gradual, even application every time.

Benefits:

Delivers longer, high-definition lashes instantly
Perfectly lengthens and separates lashes for natural look
Ophthalmologist-tested.
Fragrance-free.
Suitable for contact lens wearers
Bio-selective polymers cling to the lashes through electrical attraction
Bristles are placed in "hedgehog" pattern
Each bristle is grooved to hold the product, allowing gradual application and even spread of the formula

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I received a sample of this mascara.

I'm not a huge fan. The mascara does not hold curls well, and within 30 seconds of applying this, I can see them straightening out a bit, and the original curl is mostly undone.

However, it is very lengthening, and it does not smudge or flake on me.

[0]