Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I normally don't wear mascara but, now I do. it does it's job. I received a sample of this at Macy's and I will buy it after I use it up:)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

HOLY GRAIL! The first one I grab 95% of the time for everyday use.

This review is for the regular, not the waterproof. I never use water proof mascaras(lash destroyers) I've used this for around 15 years off and on. I've tried so many others I couldn't even begin to count them. Right now I have about 6 new ones on their way to try and a drawer full of ones I don't like for one reason or another. The search remains for a dupe that is an actual dupe. I have yet to find one.

Love the brush, it is amazing. I save the wands and wash them, then use them to apply cheaper mascaras that give me more volume. Love the formula, never flakes, no dark circles under the lower lashes, no smudges when applying and my lashes never break off, they grow when I use it and are super healthy. I know it does not give you huge volume or length, it is a very natural looking mascara. I can use 2-3 coats and get a fuller look but for everyday, I am fine with just one coat. Sometimes I use CILS Booster under it for a fuller look, other days I don't because it is so gentle on my lashes I will use it alone. It washers off like a dream with my Philosophy Purity, no need to struggle, unlike Lancome Hypnôse Drama which I like but stings and burns my eyes and is hard to remove.

If you like long, thick, volume building mascaras, you probably will not like this. If you like quick, foolproof application that lasts all day, nourishes your lashes and gives you some color and fullness with a little curl, you should love this. The one thing I do NOT like is the price. No mascara should be $27.50, especially when I like to replace it every 8 weeks for sanitary reasons. But it's popular and lots of women love it, like me, so they know we will cringe and pay it. You do not need to replace it every 8 weeks, that's just my goal but I've gone longer and gotten 4-5 months from it.

Details:

For lavishly long, perfectly defined lashes, this iconic award-winning mascara provides the ultimate in separation. Carefully selected polymers coat each lash from root to tip, to help lengthen and outline each lash for unmatched definition. This best-selling mascara's unique brush applicator has specially grooved bristles that hold the perfect amount of product for gradual, even application every time.

Benefits:

Delivers longer, high-definition lashes instantly
Perfectly lengthens and separates lashes for natural look
Ophthalmologist-tested.
Fragrance-free.
Suitable for contact lens wearers
Bio-selective polymers cling to the lashes through electrical attraction
Bristles are placed in "hedgehog" pattern
Each bristle is grooved to hold the product, allowing gradual application and even spread of the formula

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this mascara based on all the good reviews. For reference, I have medium length lashes.

There are 2 things that I need in a good mascara - that it can hold a curl and it doesn't smudge. Because of the length of my lashes, lengthening is not at the top of my list. Unfortunately, this mascara did not meet my needs. I didn't hold a curl for long and it started smudging after a couple of hours (I work a regular 8 hour work day, I need mascara to hold up at least that long). I tried to pair this with the Cils primer and that was a bust. Anyway, I'm bummed, because I really wanted to like it. But truthfully, I've had drugstore mascara perform wayyyyy better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Used a sample of this mascara. One of the wetter mascaras I've used. Because of the wetter formula, it doesn't hold curl that well. Smudging/flaking is very good. No flakes. Smudges even less than some of the waterproof mascaras I've used.
Doesn't clump and pretty lengthening.
Overall, in my "like" pile because it literally does not smudge at all, but will not repurchase because not holding a curl is a deal breaker.

My favorite mascara. i try others, I even get the white filler with black top coat mascaras to bling em out, but when I want a classic - wide-eyed - beautiful look...I always come back.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received a sample of this mascara.

I'm not a huge fan. The mascara does not hold curls well, and within 30 seconds of applying this, I can see them straightening out a bit, and the original curl is mostly undone.

However, it is very lengthening, and it does not smudge or flake on me.

[0]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My HG. Separates & Lengthens like no other. The more coats you add, the more "tarantula"-like they get with some product coated on each lash. It can get raccoon-y on a mild scale but luckily the coating isn't wet or dry (removes cleanly) so the tube takes longer than most to dry out (6 months+).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This mascara is almost perfect in my opinion. I don't care about volume honestly. I like long, somewhat natural-looking lashes. This lengthens better than any mascara I've used before and separates everything really nicely and evenly. It doesn't get heavy or dry out, and it will hold a curl if you use an eyelash curler first.

The formula is wet, but not overly so. It washes off very easily but doesn't smudge under the eyes.

The only reason I can't give this a perfect score is because is wasn't really black. It looks almost bluish/dark grey on the wand. It looks dark enough when applied, but definitely not as dark as most mascaras that are labeled black. This is odd and seems like it could be an easy fix. They do offer one called "deep black" which may be the better choice, but the difference between black and deep black wasn't explained so I have no idea.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my HG mascara in the nineties and early 2000's, but now compared to other more robust offerings, it seems anaemic. It does build nicely, and lengthens well. But I cannot get the thickness I desire and it takes 2-3 coats to get the length I would like. I bought a tube recently thinking it might be better than what I have been using over the last few years, but it's not as good.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wasn't the worst, wasn't the best. Didn't clump or flake or transfer. Nothing special considering the price.