Aesop Damascan Rose Facial Treatment

Aesop Damascan Rose Facial Treatment

3.9

on 5/15/2018 7:59:00 AM

I liked this product but I have to say it is misleading as to what it is for. I purchased this with help from the Aesop representative, I explained I was looking for a serum to use daily to help with anti ageing and brightening.

Although this product does have anti ageing properties and is good for overall skin health, it is not a normal serum. It is an oil consistency that does not mix well with other products. I felt that no matter when I put this product on my skin, it sat on the surface. I ended up using it as a oil for night time only. I did enjoy using it, my skin felt hydrated and brightened each morning after using.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A high quality face oil that judging by the ingredients list is better suited to an oily skin rather than my dehydrated, dry one. I had high hopes 10 minutes after use (especially that as Aesop products go it is also relatively reasonably priced at £51) but it sunk into my skin without a trace, did not leave it supple enough or soothed - I had to add their Elemental Barrier cream on top to get rid of the tightness. The strong fragrance (and strong orange colour) comes from rosehip oil so if you are not fan (it smells mildly sour and earthy) star clear of this product.

A Hauschka's oil for oily skin contains high amounts of carrot oil too so if you cannot get your hands on Aesop's or if you are finding it too expensive or its reship fragrance too off-putting - try the German one.

I'd rather get a simple, much cheaper rosehip oil from Trilogy than this one.

on 12/31/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was given samples of this and love how it makes my face soft, glowing, and smooth. I use 2-3 drops, gently rub my hands together, then press them onto my face. I really dislike the strong smell though. But I have used it several times and really like the result so much that I'm going to buy the bottle soon, regardless of the smell which does go away after an hour or so.

Note: In the end, I didn't buy it. It was nice but once it's washed off, my skin stayed the same with no improvement on the texture or moisture level.

I use this in the evenings after cleansing / toning - only need about 5 small drops to cover the whole face so a bottle lasts a long time. It needs to - its £51 a pop! OUCH!

Only got into facial oils recently after too many break outs with creams..
This is a good-to product for skin emergencies.
When you need intense hydration, re-balancing between overly dry and oily patches or relief from itchy or tight skin, a few drops of this massaged all over your face and neck really does the job.
This is a preservative free blend of ten precious plant extracts, including Rose Petal, Evening Primrose, Rosehip, Carrot seed and Neroli Blossom chosen for their hydrating and reconstructive properties.

I love Aesop stuff despite being ridiculously eye wateringly expensive! Lose 1 lippy for that...
The bottles are brown glass, because it protects product from degrading UV rays allowing them to use fewer preservatives. The range is balanced between nature & technology because that's where they've found the best results, the fact that the botanicals make it smell divine & the bottles look beautiful is a happy bi-product - looks great on the bathroom shelf. :)

I love this. I tried a sample and fell in love with the smell, first and foremost, which is luxurious and rich and really lasts. I love the product - either neat and applied directly or a few drops mixed in with my moisturiser and my skin is definitely better hydrated. My favourite way to use this product is to apply generously after cleansing in a hot bath and then follow with my night cream a few hours later. I do not apply every day though, over-use can cause a few extra spots! It's very expensive, but lasts, and feels so luxurious that I can't live without it.

on 9/2/2008 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I seriously don't know how I ever lived without this...it is the perfect thing for my dry winter skin.I use about 5 drops every second night...once the weather warms up i'll probably cut down to using it once a week.It's a gorgeous oil(don't be put off by the colour!) that sinks in straightaway..I usually use it before bed as it can make you look a little shiny.smells gorgeous though.I think it's worth the cash seeing as i've spent so much on trying to hydrate my dry skin in the past but it is quite exy..around $75 aus for a little bottle.bottle is slightly annoying because, as all aesop stuff is, it's glass the the dropper can all be a bit fiddly.

but it's a fantastic product for dry skin:)

This is a preservative-free facial oil which contains vitamin A, C and E. I apply 1-2 drops at night twice a week after deep cleansing mask treatment. It feels oily at first but next morning, it leaves my skin soft and smooth. Although I have combination/oily skin type, it does not give me any problem with breakout so far. A bottle lasts me almost a year. Will purchase again considering it has the vitamins for my skin.

on 12/3/2007 1:55:00 AM

An absolute treat for my sensitive, eczema-prone skin, all it takes is a couple of drops of this amber liquid mixed in with my moisturizer to deliver beautiful results. I had a scaly, dry eczema spot above my eyebrow that was extremely persistent, despite religiously applying La Mer The Concentrate on it for four months. Within two days of using this facial oil - a couple of drops mixed with moisturizer, plus an additional drop rubbed directly into the problem spot itself - it's cleared up completely, and there is no longer a tell-tale redness. This result alone is enough to make me repurchase this item forever, not to mention the lovely natural rose scent and silky soft skin that accompanies it. A definitely HG item for me!

on 5/28/2007 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I adore this product, which I use daily under my rather sheer foundation, at the recommendation of the SA at Fred Segal. Initially I didn't listen to him, but I went back to the shop with my foundation in hand, and the sort of intense tea colored oil sunk right into my skin (and didn't deposit any color) and provided a marvelous foundation for my foundation -- I'm hooked. I'm an fan of facial oils, having experienced some wonderful changes in my skin after using Trilogy Rosehip Seed Oil for a year or two as my nighttime moisturiser, so now I'm two for two. If your skin is a bit sensitive, and combination as well, I highly recommend this as a great daily solution. Truly natural you know!

on 5/8/2007 9:44:00 PM