Aesop Purifying Facial Cream Cleanser

Aesop Purifying Facial Cream Cleanser

3.7

on 8/15/2017 4:23:00 AM

This is like the Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste - without the Exfoliant.
I have this in the squeezy tube packaging. The idea is great (compared to the tub), but the execution could be better. I'm kind of annoyed at how the product spills out the side when you shut the cover, and sort of makes a mess at the opening, but anyway! About the product itself :
The cleanser is - as it's name suggest - a cream cleanser. It does have a distinct smell that I quite like, but definitely do check this out in the store first if you're sensitive to smells. I use this after removing my light make-up with Garnier micellar water. My skin is normal to dry and I'm loving this! I feel it's gentle enough, yet removes impurities at the same time. It can leave sort of a greasy residue that some people may not like, very similar to the Exfoliant paste. Do request some samples in store if you're unsure. That's how i discovered this <3

This is a very soft and gentle cleanser that does a really great job of cleansing your face without stripping it of moisture. I like that it's not foamy, and it's heavier than a cleansing milk with the same level of softness. Your face will feel soft and clean afterwards with no residue. I followed with their Blue Chamomile Facial Hydrating Mask and the soft lavender scent from the cleanser goes really well with the chamomile.

on 1/14/2015 6:55:00 PM

Despite the smell, is an excellent cleaner for light makeup.

on 1/3/2012 10:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Generally, it's a not-bad product. It cleanses well, but not deeply enough for my tastes. Takes off make-up well, but not so well that I resorted to using a muslin cloth in order to help the product clean my skin better. The smell is quite strong, but not unpleasant, instead leaving one with a sense of cleanliness and freshness. Thankfully it didn't dry out my skin, which a lot of cleansers do.
I am a big fan of Aesop products, but I have to say that this isn't one of my favourites. I would recommend it to someone with a normal skin type.

on 8/19/2011 1:06:00 AM

I bought this product in the tube, not a jar like in the product photo, so I was very happy with the packaging.

Very effective at removing makeup, leaves skin feeling really clean but not stripped, Works really well with a facial brush.

I would buy this again, but it's a tough one as I also received a sample of the Fabulous Face cleanser and loved that one too!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i found that this product really worked for me and ive been using it for a year or so now.
Before this i used a cleanser with Benzol peroxide, which broke me out sooo bad, so my mum gave me this. I thought that it might break me out even more, but i tried it anyway and within a week or so i cleared up.
Even though i still do get the occasional pimple, its the best cleanser ive used. And may i add ive tried alot of cleansers before i found this one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this instead of my usual Amazing Face Cleanser, just for something different. I'll finish it off, but I will not re-purchase. It works okay as a cleanser, but I prefer the gel formula of AFC and find that it goes a longer way and cleanses the face more effectively. I have to use a great deal of PFCC to get any decent coverage. I also dislike the fact that I must poke my fingers into the jar to get the product out. Most of all, I despise the fragrance. To me, it smells like grappa - that strong, vile-smelling (and tasting!) home-made plum liquor. It's not something I want to me reeking of!

First of all, I really dislike the scent of this. It is very 'herby' (sorry - terrible at identifying scents). But as far as cleansers go this one is really very good!
My current foundation is heavy (EL - double wear) and fairly difficult to remove. This took it off easily.
I apply to a damp face and massage it in for 10 - 15 seconds. In order to test it I removed it with only water rather than my usual body shop face cloth, then tested for traces of make up with my toner - nothing! Believe me - that's a huge rarity!
It makes my skin soft like nothing else and even though I hate the whole "use with the Aesop hydrating cream of your choice" gimmick I have to say it works beautifully with the primrose facial hydrating cream!

on 7/3/2007 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I found this to be ineffective at removing anything. I was consistently left not feeling clean. I was lured by the organic-based idea and thought I would be a convert. It smells horrible and is particularly inconvenient and unheigenic with its glass jar packaging that makes it impossible to use in the shower.

on 10/13/2006 11:37:00 AM

This is a thick cream cleanser in a heavy screw top jar. Although the instructions advise you to apply to damp skin, I find it removes makeup better when used dry. I massage in thoroughly and remove with warm water and a muslin washcloth. It leaves my sensitive combination skin completely clean and unirritated, with no greasy residue or tight feeling. I have some really tenacious long-lasting foundations which resist most cleansers, but this one gets off everything. The waxy smell is rather offputting (similar to Terax Crema), and I had rather they'd added more herbal ingredients to mask it. I find I need a good teaspoon or so to cleanse properly, which means I get through a jar remarkably quickly. Despite its effectiveness, I doubt I'll repurchase this again, simply because of the price.