MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl

MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl
Lipglass in Oyster Girl

4.2

This used to be the only lip gloss I would wear back in 2011. I adore Oyster Girl.

If you want to try that "lip topper" trend, but without anything too glittery or metallic, give this one a go. It looks beautiful alone or on top of any nude/pink lipstick. Lasts a good amount of time and if you layer it - it will give you that sophisticated, pearl finish, which looks so pretty on every single woman. If you want to see swatches check out my post here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/06/21/MAC-Haul-Something-New-Something-Old-Something-Gifted) but all in all I think this gloss is truly worth the hype!

on 1/22/2017 11:44:00 AM

I had oyster girl it's so pretty going on but then the little color it has fades...i only really like dreamy and girl about town lip glass from max but not much longer the price is up again another dollar so they need to increase the size of these because 16.00 is too much even 15.00, 14.00 was too much granted they are good quality thick glossy and whatever but they are too small and there are many many lipglosses at every beauty supply store , Kmart , Wal-Mart , target , CVS etc for cheaper so until Mac makes these bigger I won't buy and they need to step it up because other companies products are killin theirs cheaper prices too...mac is not so special anymore and they are only hurting business by raising prices they have too much competition now and they don't seem to be all the rave no more.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am so into MAC Lipglass! OysterGirl, C-Thru & Underage are all similar on me. OysterGirl is a lovely opaque iridescent lilac Lipglass. Highly unlikely to find a dupe (of these 3). The effect is subtle but amazing. I don't find myself reaching for dark vampy colors even thou it's Fall/Winter season. This has the standard MAC vanilla aroma & packaging. Perf for carrying in my purse although I do need a mirror to touch up. I don't wear lipstick under this but I like MAC Stripdown lip liner w it. Highly unusual beautiful color!

on 2/7/2015 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Oyster Girl is a lovely iridescent whitish seashell pink with a hint of lilac. It's too pale to wear alone (for my tanned skin, that is), but it makes an amazing topper for lipsticks. After reading another review here that recommended Modesty lipstick with Oyster Girl on top, I went to the MAC store and tried it myself with a bit of Whirl lipliner... wow! The result is a gorgeous, natural yet dimensional MLBB for medium skin. I will definitely be trying this on over a lot more lipsticks!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

So so pretty. It's a light pink gloss with golden and silver shimmer, it also has peachy, lilac, and nude tones. Just so unique and pretty! Vanilla scent and wears well.

on 6/1/2016 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bought today for first time out of curiosity and I am really pleased with my purchase. This is a pretty pearly white with a lil bit of a peach tone I can't see the peach tone on my lips but I can when I swatched my hand. I would repurchase over n over. The best mac glosses in my opinion are oyster girl, dreamy, nymphette,oh baby and explicit. I like the glitter shine effect. But I think oyster girl and dreamy will be my favorites. Oh and I read that coco austin wears cultured with magenta lip pencil so I used my magenta lip pencil with dreamy because I don't own cultured and it comes out beautiful so I'm going to try it with oyster girl now. Best way to describe the color of oyster girl is mac tanarama they are the same color

on 8/23/2014 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was craving an old school MAC Lipglass (not creme, plush, dazzle, or lustre...I wanted the original stuff). But I wanted something I could use for layering that would soften what lippie I had on. Enter Oyster Girl. While it is described as a pink, I would lean more to say it is a true Oyster shade...sometimes skewing quite beige other times pink. It is brilliant at softening uber vampy lips for day wear. The only reason I did not give this a full 5 lippies is because I do not like the way this looks by itself. It is a bit too muting, milky, pale on me right now by itself. I prefer Fashion Scoop or Boy Bait if I wear a lipgloss by itself. I am Nw20, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauve lips.

on 11/28/2013 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I happen to be a huge fan of MAC's tinted lipglass so I had high hopes for this shade. This shade is very sheer and I believe it is meant to be layered over lipstick. This lipglass is just not for me. I will not purchase.

on 6/17/2014 10:26:00 PM

I purchased this lipglass today in search of some kind of lip product that would cancel out the red pigment in my lips. It does exactly that! It is light enough that it just gives my lips a frosty pale pink color which I love. It is a tad sticky but that is what makes it last.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually dislike lipgloss because I don't like the feeling of grease on my mouth, plus I don't really think they enhance my appearance. Anyway, this one changed my mind. It's a nice light pinky clear colour which really makes your lips look good without too much attention drawn to them. Plus this stuff looks amazing over lipstick as well.