MAC Sheertone Shimmer - Springsheen

MAC Sheertone Shimmer - Springsheen
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The MAC blushes I have: Springsheen, Babyblush, warm soul (all acquired this month!), harmony, & Melba so i do love me some MAC products & blush is, like 1 of the products I hoard least but on MakeUpBoard I've seen some folk mentioning the 1st 3 so I have blind bought 4 of those blushes & I have been very exceedingly happy w them like all MAC products do they even make a bum product like?! Springsheen is a coral golden shimmer "sheen" good "spring" color even thou I keep associating the musician w it (Springsteen lol tha Boss!), this is a gr8 blush ESP if u liked Nars O ur gonna lurve this ESP if ur medium complected or light-med LLL. I finally bought a blush brush (Real Techniques) so I don't have to keep dipping my blush brush into bronzer/powders. This is downtown triple crown!!

on 2/24/2016 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this as my friend who was very fair skinned recommended it, and it surprisingly suits me well also! It is sheer, but buildable, and I also find the texture fairly smooth even though it contains shimmer. It's a true bright peach colour which is what I see as a very versatile colour to suit most skin tones and undertones. It has lasted me a good few years (which I find most MAC products do). It has a lot of shimmery gold, which is stunning, although, if you like to highlight with a shimmery product it can be overkill to use them both. This is not recommended for someone who dislikes shimmer, but if you love peachy gold toned goodness, go for it!

To Read all 363 Reviews, Login or Join

This is my all time flavourite blusher along with MAC margin.
I happen to be that of a Mac nc25 skin tone and this blusher looks simply stunning on my skin and I think the only skin it wouldn't suit would be that of a person with darker skin.
I would say from fair to tanned it will look gorgeous, any person darker it wouldn't show at all apart from a shimmer on the skin.
It makes me look healthy, glowing and looks gorgeous on the skin. It doesn't look blatantly glittery, it just shows as a glow more than anything.
This is my second one, I will always repurchase along with MAC Margin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Gives my skin that little oomph it sometimes lacks. No need for highlighters and I don't do bronzers either! NW 15/20 with reddish hair - depending on what the hairdresser does or what whim I take that month! Forgot I had it and so glad I reached for it a couple of days ago. Think I'll be making better use of this one in the future!

Springsheen is a gorgeous colour, especially for those who are medium/warmer toned. It looks quite orange which can be quite off putting, but I feel that these orange tones are made for warmer/medium toned girls. This gives me that perfect spring/summery glow and really warms my face up, making me look healthy and glowy and summery. Its a sheertone shimmer which means you really can't go overboard with it. This also means it is perfect for beginners as they blend like a dream. The golden shimmer is very subtle - nothing too glittery or chunky, just golden glowy (if that makes sense). I hate shimmer blushes as they accentuate any bumpyness or pores but this blush surprisingly doesn't do any of that nasty business. If you are after that natural, healthy, summer glow I would definitely recommend this for you. This is also great used with a fan brush as a subtle golden highlight during the winter months also. I find this to be quite stark when used during the winter months as I am lighter. This is definitely my summer blush staple.

on 3/29/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite blush. It goes well with every skin color. You can use it in special days or everyday.

on 3/9/2015 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I LOVE this blush! It's the most beautiful pinky coral with gold shimmer and it totally flatters my asian light-medium skin tone. It goes on very smooth and I don't think you can overdue it with this blush. I love how the Mac packaging is great, the color is beautify, the texture is silky, and overall just a great blush. Would highly recommend!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This blush is simply amazing.
Springsheen is a warm toned blush with a golden shimmer. Don't let the thought of a shimmery blush put you off from considering this product, as the shimmer is very subtle. It is a great dupe for Nars 'Orgasm' (which I actually came across this blush while searching for a cheaper alternative to the Nars product).
Since I have discovered Springsheen, I wear it every day. It is a buildable product, meaning it is easy to get your desired amount of pigmentation. It really adds a natural warmth to the face that isn't over bearing. I have very pale skin- I swipe a little across my face in the morning and the warm glowy color lasts all day. This color is also appropriate for any season since it complements skin so well.
*Also important, I have very sensitive skin... ridiculously sensitive. This blush has not irritated my skin at all even after weeks of use.*
The only con is that this blush is expensive, but worth every penny (I found mine on sale). I rarely spend much money on my makeup products, but I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.
It is highly pigmented; meaning you don't have to use a lot of product to get decent color, which helps with the longevity of your investment. As mentioned before, I have been using mine for weeks and it looks like I have barely used any of the blush at all.
Overall, a great value for the money. Worth a try!

I love the shade and hint if shimmer of this blusher. I don't wear it with cool eye colours because it's very warm hued. But with natural or beige / brown eyes it's fab.

on 4/15/2014 2:01:00 PM

Beautiful coral shade. Highly pigmented. Easy to apply and blend. I am nc20 and apply with a light hand. Very versatile and looks nice with a variety of MU looks day or night. My go to blush for spring and summer. I am not usually one for shimmer blushes as they usually accentuate my pores but I find this extremely wearable and not overly shimmery.

Popular Blush Products