Sonoma Scent Studio Voile de Violette

3.4

Not tested on animals

on 7/1/2017 5:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

More like Voile de Paint Thinner, on the opening salvo.

Turns into Voile de Pulp Truck, complete with diesel fumes and wet sawdust.

Settles into something that smells like khus khus.

Nary a whiff of violet in this thing.

....commences to scrub.......

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I finished up a 5ml travel size of this perfume some time ago, but found that I still had a sample lurking in my decant collection.

I love violet perfumes. From the candy-sweet versions to the powdery, cosmetic-type scents to those which are fresh and green. Give me all the violets!

Voile de Violette is quite different from other violet scents I've tried. There's a dryness to it, like summer air and dried grass. Sweet notes seem to flit in and out, and it definitely doesn't have any of the powdered or candied notes that I've found in other violet perfumes.

It's a quiet scent, with a modest silage. Perfect for rainy days and casual events. It sits close to the skin and seems to melt into a lovely skin scent as the hours wear on. It lingers for quiet a while, providing the occasional lovely burst of flowers and a touch of woods.

Unfortunately, like with all the other Sonoma Scent Studio perfumes, I have to mark this as a 'no' for the repeat purchase due to the company no longer shipping outside the US. There are so many great perfumes out there which stops me from the putting up with the expense and hassle of using parcel forwarding for these particular scents.

on 11/24/2008 10:23:00 PM

A soft, pretty violet with just a bit of greenness. There might be a touch of cedar and other flowers, but all I smell is violets. I don't find it too sweet, and I have a strong distaste for sweet perfumes. For example, I find Opal, another perfume from this brand, to be far too sweet for me. It's a very charming soliflore, and I can't stop sniffing when I have it on.

on 6/9/2006 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Voile de Violette is a light, soft violet. There seems to be some other flower with it, a touch of lily perhaps? or the merest whisper of a wood or incense? The drydown is a clean musky violet
skinscent...mmmm. It seems to get clean-muskier the longer it's on.
Ooooh, the drydown.

on 2/14/2006 9:09:00 PM

A softer, almost translucent take on violet, somewhat reminiscent of Guerlain's Meteorites (but w/o the powder). This one has an almost watery quality to it - it's almost like smelling water scented with violet petals. It's very fleeting but also it's pretty when you can still smell it. Lasting power is below average. Notes: violet/iris accord, musk, sandalwood, ambrette seed. At this point I'm not sure that it's FBW for me, but I will definitely retest that vial.

Popular Fragrances