Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Shiseido  Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

3.8

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Can be a great mascara, but you need to put some work in!

-Clean and defined application, provided you're skilled at using the applicator (not me!)
-Takes time getting used to the applicator, which looks like a small and thin flat comb in a crescent shape
-Thin flat applicator works for hard-to-reach lashes
-Wet formula, takes a while to dry and tends to glob on, but if you will take the time to separate lashes and distribute the product, it can look GOOD!
-I'm no good at using the applicator, so I tend to glob it on and then use a spoolie to brush off excess product, which distributes the mascara evenly and nicely and creates definition
-Nice dark black pigment
-Wears well, looks as good as a fresh application at the end of a long day
-No flaking off
-Easy clean up with a q-tip if you get any on your skin
-Fibre-based formula which sticks to the very fine tips of lashes to give lengthening effect
-Unfortunately uncurls my stick straight Asian lashes. Lashes need to be EXTRA curled with an eyelash curler before applying this, to account for its uncurling properties (I fail to understand why there are all these reviews raving about how it holds curls very well. It doesn't.

To make this product work for me, I need to:
-over-curl my lashes so much that it almost touches my eyelids
-apply Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base (the best primer I have encountered for holding eyelash curls)
-quickly brush through the lashes with a spoolie to for a clean primer base
-allow the base to dry thoroughly (this is a good time to do bottom lashes)
-apply Majolica Majorca Lash Expander. It can even uncurl Shiseido Mascara base, which is why I recommend over-curling your lashes before applying the base. Lash Expander doesn't dry very quickly, which is OK though, because it gives me time to:
-brush through the mascara with a spoolie to separate lashes for a clean application

Shame about the uncurling, but overall I would repurchase. The application can lengthen and darken eyelashes with a clean, defined and glossy look, if you're willing to spend the extra few minutes with a spoolie to work the product through the lashes. I'm not sure how the applicator could be improved, but it would be nice not having to use a spoolie.

If you just want a mascara that is quick and easy to apply, this is probably not for you.

on 8/26/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

this mascara is okay. It adds length to my lashes but it is not noticeable because it does not do anything for volume, cannot layer coats because it clumps on my lashes and make them stick together so it is strictly one layer. It is a bit waterproof but (regular water) doesnt hold well in water, there are bits of mascara that will fall off and will stick around the eye area (sea water) so not very waterproof.

the packaging is very pretty, but the price is quite expensive. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my HG mascara, hands down. It defines and lengthens my stiff Asian lashes really well. Doesn't do much for volume--I'll probably have to layer this with another volumizing mascara to get my ideal lashes, but I love the brush head on this. It's not your standard mascara brush--rather, it's like a plastic comb that allows you to reach all your lashes. It lasts all day without flaking or smudging, and comes off easily with cleansing oil (i use boscia's). I got it for about $16, so it's not cheap, but I think it's worth it.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I LOVE THIS MASCARA.. The best I've ever used :)

This Mascara specialises in Lengthening the lashes, it gives a nice even coat on your lashes to ensure no clumping, but if yu are finding yur lashes are clumping use an eyelash seperater. I think this mascara has special fibers that attach onto yur lashes to make them look longer, also this mascara is waterproof. BUT BEST THING IS NO FLAKING WHEN YU RUB YUR EYES!!!

But if yu are looking for volume this isn't the mascara yu wanna use, there is another one, same brand but different purpose volumizing :D ( I forget the name)

The packaging for both these mascara look the same so don't be fooled look at the application method and yu'll know :)

Hope I help people, because Im usually bad at explaining things haha

IMPORTANT: For the Lengthening Mascara (this one) the applicator should look comb like, its flat and not so many bristles
Volumising one it should look like a brush so it round with a lot of brostles

on 9/7/2009 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara! I am loving Japanese products right now.

This mascara is for lengthening, but it thickens my lashes as well. I have very short eyelashes, and it is so fun applying this because my eyelashes transform. It also dries very quickly. Also, if you accidentally get the mascara on your eyelids, it is very easy to wipe off with a slight touch of the finger, and it won't mess up your eyeshadow. No flaking, no smudging below the eye, just amazing. The packaging is adorable too.

I haven't done any research on this product, but it's a fiber mascara. I'm not quite sure what that means exactly, but it works! It's almost like there are pieces of eyelashes inside the tube, but again, it's amazing.

I bought it for 1260 yen in Japan. About $13 USD.

on 5/11/2008 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I think it's been overrated. I don't know if it's just me or what, every time I try it, it makes my eyes look sleepy and wired. I have long lashes and easily go with all mascara. But this mascara only do negative thing to my makeup. Maybe it's its color. I took a look today and found that it's not completely black but kind of brownish black. I love the Maybelline Great Lashes mascara in Very Black. That is the black I'm looking for. And Maybelline's mascara costs only about half of the price of this one.