SHISEIDO Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Filtered by hair type : Curly
SHISEIDO Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

on 11/30/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is supposed to one of the most popular mascaras in Japan right now. Being half Japanese myself and having an obsession with makeup.. I decided I must grab my own.

Majolica Majorca is known for its attractive looking cosmetics and they have always caught my eye. I oredered this product from ebay from another country, for $20 AUD including postage. Excellent deal, I pay the same amount for a mascara in the stores here..

I instantly fell in love with the packaging, it comes in a cute rectangular plastic box with gold decorations. The Japanese are excellent when it comes to presentation. The tube itself is the most prettiest thing I've ever seen. It is rather small for a tube but just looks gorgeous. It is black and gold with a spider web type pattern along with fancy letters spelling out 'Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus' as well as a pretty gold emblem for Majolica Majorca on the top of the tube.

As for the content of the product itself, the brush is quite unique featuring two sides, a straight side and a curved side. The straight side is used first to apply the product on your lashes and the curved side is used for combing your lashes, removing any clumps, for lengthening and applying the nice finishing touches.

The formula contains fibres and they look like very fine small short black shreds, they stick onto the brush and looks fairly weird and at first I doubted if I was able to apply it without it being messy. To my surprised it worked out fine. I noticed the fibres would often stick to the tip of my lashes and gave the effect of long eyelashes, I'm really loving how that works.

I belive that this works quite effectively and I like the finished result. It gives me nice, very defined and long lashes. People complain about the lack of volume with this mascara. The mascara is called Lash Expander and to me that gives the idea of length not volume. I'm pretty sure its a lengthening mascara. Majolica Majolica has another mascara that provides volume, the Lash Enamel Glamour Mascara. I look for length in mascaras so this one is perfect for me. If you want volume and length, I think you could possibly try applying both mascaras on top of each other.

The mascara stays on my lashes all day without flaking and it does not smudge at all. It is a very black colour and darkens your lashes quite considerably and I really really like how dark it makes my lashes look. This mascara also does not clump at all, well it does on first application but then that's why they have the comb side. After using the comb I have lovely clump free lashes. If you curl your lashes it also holds your curl exceptionally well.

Another thing I noticed, this mascara does not make my lashes extremely stiff and hard. It feels alot softer compared to other mascaras I tried. It's not super soft of course, it's still mascara but in comparison to other mascaras it feels quite nice on the lashes.

I would give this 4.5/5 rating however it does not allow me to do so. What prevents me from giving this product a 5/5 rating is the fact that it is really difficult to remove. It is not impossible to remove, it just takes alot of time and care to remove it properly. You need to use a good eye makeup remover and work carefully to remove the mascara, if your not careful you could end up losing lashes.

It usually takes me a little bit of eye makeup remover on one cotton ball to remove my eye makeup, with Lash Expander I need two cotton balls soaked in makeup remover.

I don't find this too bothersome, just means you need to use more care when removing it. On the plus side you know it isn't going to wear off throughout the day and water and sweat most likely won't make your mascara smudge much. Because it is hard to remove... if you get mascara on your lids when applying it.. you need to use your finger immediately to rub it off because if you leave it too long you won't be able to remove it without makeup remover.

The brush is shaped nicely to fit asian eyes so I rarely have a problem with getting it on my eyelids and the brush is suited to get all your lashes and is easy to control so you shouldn't have a common problem with painting your lids.

Overall I thought this was an excellent product, although hard to remove and I do believe it is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried along with Maybelline's Full N Soft Mascara. So it's definitely a favourite and I will continue to buy it when the tube runs out. This is an excellent mascara for definition and lengthening and it holds curl really well. Definitely recommended! Plus it has very pretty packaging. If you want volume, go for the other Majolica Majorca mascara.

on 8/16/2009 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

What I really like about this mascara is (a) it holds the curl in my poker straight eyelashes after I've assaulted them with an eyelash curler; (b) it actually helps to prevent my eyeliner from smudging. I think it's because the mascara acts as a barrier between my upper eyelid and my undereye area.

I agree that this mascara doesn't add a huge amount of volume or length, but sometimes mascara that gives you massively long and thick lashes can be quite scary. So I'm quite happy with this one for now.

The other downside is removing the mascara. I'm worried that I'm developing more wrinkles under my eyes as a result of wiping away the mascara everyday with a cotton pad. I actually try to wipe away the mascara against my upper eyelid by going underneath the lashes. Tricky, but it makes me feel better.