Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Filtered by hair type : Other
Shiseido  Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.5

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

on 5/12/2011 11:28:00 PM

My mom actually bought this on a whim while shopping in Chinatown for me and it has been my HG mascara since ! Unfortunately, this was about $45..a little overbudget for me. Does anyone know where i could purchase this mascara at a decent cost? Whether online or instore- i reside in lower mainland BC, Canada.

Overall Rating ( 1 = worst, 5 = best ) 4
Price ( 1 = dirt cheap, 5 = expensive ) 3
Packaging Quality ( 1 = worst, 5 = best ) 5
Would you buy this product again? yes

hard to remove but its ok!

love the packaging
waterproof, flake proof & smudge proof!

on 11/27/2010 7:52:00 AM

I opened the mascara and used it yesterday for the first time. The texture is quite dry, not wet/ gooey like other mascaras so I do like it. Its got those fibers stuff on it, but not too much though, just a small bit, which suits me fine because those with heavy fibers, like Dejavu Fiberwig tends to clump on me, and weighs down my lashes. The brush is comb applicator type, with half side of the comb in the normal comb shape you see as most mascaras with comb applicator carry, and the other half in a semi circle comb with shorter bristles facing out. There is some kind of instruction at the back of the package that teaches how the mascara should be applied, but its in Japanese which I can't read, so I just use it my own way.

Application: The semi circle part of the comb applicator is harder to maneuver as it can't seem to get the lashes all at once in a single stoke, I have to repeat at different angels to get all the lashes.

Effect: It seems to hold a curl pretty well, which is essential for me. It is not easy for me to find mascaras that hold a curl well as I have stubborn lashes so I do recommand this mascara for people whose lashes have trouble holding a curl. My lashes were also lengthened. However, this mascara does not volumise lashes, which doesn't bother me since I am more into strong curl holding power and lengthening.

Removal: It is harder to remove than the other mascaras I have used, I need more eye makeup removal than usual, but that's not a big issue with me.

Overall: I like this mascara and might re-purchase if I see it on promotion. Otherwise, I would go back to SANA mascara as I find the wand more applicator friendly.

Update: Having used this mascara for several weeks now, I can say it definitely holds a curl better than ones that I did like and thought performed pretty well too (like Bourjois's Yes to voulume, no to clumps, and SANA). However, I hate how its pretty messy to apply. No matter how careful I am, somehow someway, it seems to get onto my eyelids on certain days. That's really the only complain I have though.

on 7/24/2010 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this mascara. I have tried clinique, MAC, smashbox, lancome, makeupforever and fiberwig. Dior mascara is good, but is flakey. I think that this is a mascara worth trying. I always buy different mascaras looking for the best one, and so far this is the best that I have every tried. LOVE IT!

Warning! The first time you open this product and use it, it could get a little messy because alot of the formula is stuck on the brush and it is very easy to smudge it everywhere.

It increases my lashes almost double the length. You have to be really patient with this product and just finding ways to make it work for you when you are applying it. I always apply two coats of it first, then wait for my lashes to harden a bit before proceeding. (Don't over do this process or it will look clumpy) and my lashes will end up double the length.

Alot of my friends always think that I am wearing fake eyelashes when I am not. haha my boyfriend would try to pull them out too because they were just so long.

The only con I have about this product is it is really really hard to come off, so if you accidentally get it on your skin, you have to wipe it off immediately or you will have a really hard time after.

Overall, I really love this line of mascara, ever since i used the majorca line, I have never looked back to my the american or designer brands. Japanese mascara all the way!! :) This also does not give me the panda eye effect like most mascaras do after a long day. so I never have to constantly check on it.

Give it a try!

If you are in the Toronto area, you can find this mascara at pacific mall for $25 CAD dollars. roughly. I bought mine when they had a sale, so i got it for only $20. Quite a steal.

These mascaras last a VERY long time too. I've had mine since summer and it doesnt seem like it's running out yet. so I am extremely pleased :)

on 11/13/2009 3:36:00 AM

this is a great mascara. I have really oily eyes and most mascaras I've tried tends to smudge throughout the day, however this mascara can last all day without smudging. It also does a great job in lengthening your lashes. And it's so cheap! Great value. However, this product can be hard to take off

on 1/17/2009 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

On my 3rd tube of this, this stuff is seriously smudgeproof! I use it on my lower lashes and it really lengthens them. However, I find that it tends to clump a little when I use it on my upper lashes. The packaging is adorable and the price is very reasonable!

on 1/17/2009 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

really luv this product, my HG mascara right now!
It's still looks natural & curly while i used it all day long and the price is quiet good for the quality, definitely buy it again especially it can makes my lash more length :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lash Expander makes my lashes extends, but not volumizes. When I look at myself in pictures, it hardly makes any difference to the size of my eyes. :( But if i look at mirror my eyes look bigger and prettier. I think I should also use an eyeliner to complete the big eyes look next time!
Nice packaging and waterproof quality.

This mascara lengthens and volumises as it claims. It's lash comb ensures thats lashes don't clump. Its gives lashes a lovely glossy black look. It is also much easier to remove than most mascaras I've tried. It doesn't smudge on me as well. A HG for me.