Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Shiseido  Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.2

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Can be a great mascara, but you need to put some work in!

-Clean and defined application, provided you're skilled at using the applicator (not me!)
-Takes time getting used to the applicator, which looks like a small and thin flat comb in a crescent shape
-Thin flat applicator works for hard-to-reach lashes
-Wet formula, takes a while to dry and tends to glob on, but if you will take the time to separate lashes and distribute the product, it can look GOOD!
-I'm no good at using the applicator, so I tend to glob it on and then use a spoolie to brush off excess product, which distributes the mascara evenly and nicely and creates definition
-Nice dark black pigment
-Wears well, looks as good as a fresh application at the end of a long day
-No flaking off
-Easy clean up with a q-tip if you get any on your skin
-Fibre-based formula which sticks to the very fine tips of lashes to give lengthening effect
-Unfortunately uncurls my stick straight Asian lashes. Lashes need to be EXTRA curled with an eyelash curler before applying this, to account for its uncurling properties (I fail to understand why there are all these reviews raving about how it holds curls very well. It doesn't.

To make this product work for me, I need to:
-over-curl my lashes so much that it almost touches my eyelids
-apply Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base (the best primer I have encountered for holding eyelash curls)
-quickly brush through the lashes with a spoolie to for a clean primer base
-allow the base to dry thoroughly (this is a good time to do bottom lashes)
-apply Majolica Majorca Lash Expander. It can even uncurl Shiseido Mascara base, which is why I recommend over-curling your lashes before applying the base. Lash Expander doesn't dry very quickly, which is OK though, because it gives me time to:
-brush through the mascara with a spoolie to separate lashes for a clean application

Shame about the uncurling, but overall I would repurchase. The application can lengthen and darken eyelashes with a clean, defined and glossy look, if you're willing to spend the extra few minutes with a spoolie to work the product through the lashes. I'm not sure how the applicator could be improved, but it would be nice not having to use a spoolie.

If you just want a mascara that is quick and easy to apply, this is probably not for you.

on 9/6/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My new love for Japanese mascaras is because of Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Edge Meister! The brush is a dual sided comb with one curved side which is ideal for combing through even the shortest of eyelashes. The formula is a mousse-like texture with tiny feathery fibers in it. This mascara lengthens my short, stubby straight Asian eyelashes in one coat! After two coats of this mascara, my lashes become similar to the effect of natural looking falsies applied on me. My curl stays all day after using the Shiseido eyelash curler and there is minimum to no smudging on my lower lashes even in hot weather. However sometimes there maybe one little black fiber that lands somewhere on my cheek , but that can be easily fixed if you don't overload the brush with product. Also it is more difficult to remove compared to ordinary drugstore waterproof mascara. I usually have to swipe my eye twice with a cotton round soaked with Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover. Just be patient and gentle with removing this mascara from your lashes. Overall , this is the best mascara I've used hands down and it's about 10-12 USD from Amazon. If you're tired of looking for a good waterproof mascara from the drugstore, but don't want to commit to spending over $20 for a high end mascara, try Majolica Majorca Edge Meister! And I would repurchase this as it's my HG mascara.

Pros:
- Dual sided brush effectively combs to separate each lash
- Creates long, fluttery lashes with some volume
- Comb brush reaches most lashes, even the tiny lashes of the inner and outer corners
- Can be layered
- Fibers in formula lengthen lashes
- Pigmented black color
- Attractive packaging and design, also compact and tiny
- Reasonably priced (can be found on Amazon)
- Waterproof

Cons:
- Doesn't hold a curl really well, drooping happened 6+ hours later
- Black fibers can get stuck onto the face
- Very difficult remove compared to other waterproof mascaras
- Brush gets clumped with product easily due to fibers
- Usually has to be ordered online

on 1/18/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Wow! First mascara that has made my eyes look so dramatic! Definitely not for everyday use. I purchased this on recommendation from the salesperson in Tokyo, it was her favorite mascara. I never wear waterproof, but I decided to give it a whirl. Just like waterproof mascaras, it stays put and no smudging or panda eyes. The formula is very dark. Usually people can't tell when I wear mascara, but this is as close as falsies using a mascara that I'll ever get.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very wet formula, does lengthen lashes by adding these interesting fibers attached to the wand. But cannot volumize, clumps A LOT, and ends up with a very thick and obvious look. Will use but not purchase again.
The packaging is very nice but the product is overpriced. Since the reviews all looked positive, overall disappointed. Would advise against buying it.
For reference, I have short Asian eyelashes that are best suited for thick volumizing mascara wands.

on 8/23/2007 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm using Lash Expander NEO -- Lashes, My Lashes Extend Elegantly -- and it's my absolute HG!

Iíve heard a lot about this mascara from Japanese magazines so I really wanted to try it.
I love mascara, I tried more than 10 mascara recently. This one is definitely the best.

Lengthen well, add enough volume, hold curl all day, does not clump at all, does not irritate my super sensitive eyes, so easy to apply, last all day and does not melt with sweat, tear or water, not too hard to remove and cheap!!!!

Need I say more?

I've never ever love a mascara so much.
This is absolutely what I'd been looking for.

Addition: Now I use it with the base mascara of this series, "Curl, Curl, Towards the Sky", and it did what it said. My lash is curler and it add additional volumn to my lashes. My lashes are dollish! I've already stock 2 of it.