SHISEIDO Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Filtered by skin type : Normal
SHISEIDO Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.2

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have straight stubborn Asian eyelashes. I heard that this product was great so i bought it. It does not hold the curl of my eyelashes at all. It does lengthen it, but you dont notice because my eyelashes go straight down. I left it for a month just like other reviews said and it still did not work. This mascara really frustrated me. The most annoying part about it is that it will make my eyelashes go straight down even if i use it with another very strong mascara. This mascara annoys me so much. But it does have a pretty packaging.

on 5/3/2015 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was fortunate enough to be in Tokyo this March. I haven't been back in 15 years! The first thing I did was hoard all kinds of make up from the drugstore. I bought close to 15 different mascaras and one of them was this. It's hard to choose when you're in the drugstore since everything is in Japanese so I had to rely on good reviews I found online. I'm a fan of fiber mascaras and my go to is Kevyn Aucoin. Over the years I feel like they've changed the formula though. So I'm in the hunt for the next best thing.

This mascara is definitely rich with fibers but it's a very wet formula you need to work quick and carefully coz too much of it will cause your mascara to clump. I curled my lashes before putting the product and I feel like it didn't hold the curl as much. I've been trying a lot of other Japanese mascara and this one is pretty sensitive on the eyes. What I loved best is the brush that comes with it. I loved using the flat comb like brush better than the curved one. Second, it will stay put until you take it out. No raccoon eyes or any sort of smudging whatsoever. Be sure to have an oil based make up remover coz the normal make up removers won't do. Believe me I know coz I tried.

Pro: staying power is awesome! Ones you master how to apply properly, makes lashes look long, the brush is a great tool for separating lashes.
Cons: formula too wet, prone to clumping, doesn't hold curl as much as I want it to

The only reason why I wouldn't be purchasing this one again is because I was able to find another Japanese mascara brand that I liked better but maybe if I tried this first I would give this a higher review. To me the 24 hour 1 day tattoo mascara by K-palette is so much better.

on 1/12/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep coming back to this mascara time and time again. I use mostly luxury brand mascaras, but being from Shiseido's affordable line, I think this one can stand next to the rest of them. It's very waterproof which works wonders for my thin, straight, and naturally downward pointing lashes. It adds an amazing amount of length and volumes well. This is very affordable for the results you can achieve. Highly recommend. It's one of my favorites despite not being as easily accessible.

on 6/6/2013 8:29:00 PM

I find this mascara fulfilling it's lengthening claims, but not by much.
Not a big fan of the comb-like brush, or maybe just the formula that annoys me, which did not give any volume...maybe I'm asking too much from a lengthening mascara?
Not a big pain to remove if you have Kose Softymo eye makeup remover + Kiss me mascara removal gel. must have both though.
Disappointing curling effects, i have very soft lashes and i dont find this curling at all, even when i use an electric heated lash curler, the mascara fails to keep the shape in place. Fairy drop mascara does a good job in keeping curls, but it's dry and flaky looking + low pigmentation.
Not my holy grail.
It's kinda ok in terms of price though.

on 8/22/2012 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara really does add fibers to my lashes that lengthens it. However, I found it to give my lashes a very spidery like effect. The formula is more wet so it doesn't hold a curl. But three stars for lengthening it. This also works amazing for lower lashes

on 9/27/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I used to love Fiberwig - but after trying out Majolica Majorca mascara - found my new HG!!

The brush is very different to all other mascaras as it's more like a comb. I prefer this as it separates your lashes while your putting on product.

It holds a curl really well and can extend your lashes to quite long. It lasts all day without smudging. People are saying it's hard to clean off - but I haven't had any issues with it as long as you use waterproof makeup removal.

on 7/24/2011 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Best mascara ever!!! After 30 years trying to find the right one, trying very expensive and cheaper mascaras, I decided to try this based on the reviews. I have been using this mascara for 1 year, I buy on e-bay since it is not available locally. Excellent results, it lenghtenes my very short lashes, no clumps, no racoon eyes, it stays in place. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I LOVE THIS MASCARA.. The best I've ever used :)

This Mascara specialises in Lengthening the lashes, it gives a nice even coat on your lashes to ensure no clumping, but if yu are finding yur lashes are clumping use an eyelash seperater. I think this mascara has special fibers that attach onto yur lashes to make them look longer, also this mascara is waterproof. BUT BEST THING IS NO FLAKING WHEN YU RUB YUR EYES!!!

But if yu are looking for volume this isn't the mascara yu wanna use, there is another one, same brand but different purpose volumizing :D ( I forget the name)

The packaging for both these mascara look the same so don't be fooled look at the application method and yu'll know :)

Hope I help people, because Im usually bad at explaining things haha

IMPORTANT: For the Lengthening Mascara (this one) the applicator should look comb like, its flat and not so many bristles
Volumising one it should look like a brush so it round with a lot of brostles

on 10/13/2009 9:38:00 AM

Okay lets get to the point:

-effective lengthening
-creates a false lash look
-comb brush
-does not clump
-requires a base mascara before applying this on
(use a lightweight mascara, e.g. Maybelline full n soft)
-very expensive
-intense black colour
-very thick texture
-hardens and stays on lashes for the rest of the day
-EXTREMELY horrible and difficult to remove
(you may experience losing a few strands each time)
(advised to apply only onto the tips of your lashes to prevent this)
-use an oil eye make-up remover e.g. Shu umera skin purifier
-gorgeous breathtaking packaging

on 7/1/2009 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love everything about this mascara: the comb, the formula, the packaging! It really lengthens my short lashes, and paired with Shiseido Mascara Base, I get perfect lashes everytime. I love the comb much better than regular mascara brushes because I can separate any clumps while I'm applying the mascara, which is very convenient for me. The price is also very reasonable for a mascara that does an awesome job. It's really unfortunate that MM discontinued this mascara, because I would definitely buy again.