Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Shiseido  Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

3.9

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this mascara! My lashes are like my hair -- fine, thin, blonde, can't hold a curl -- so I tend to have to go for the crazy, make-your-lashes-look-fake mascaras to look even halfway decent. I heard that this mascara was so intense that it was too much for an everyday look, so I thought it would do nicely.

I bought my mascara from Amazon for $15 and it arrived in a week or so. I really like the packaging -- simple, but cute. I immediately curled my lashes and tried it. The brush is more like a comb -- hard plastic, curved on one edge and straight on the other. I'm sure the instructions specified which order to use these in, but as I don't read Japanese, I tried it both ways and ultimately decided I like to use the longer curved edge initially and the shorter straight edge second.

The formula was initially rather watery, but it has since dried up. I love the fact that the fibers are inside the mascara rather than included as a second step. It does take a bit more time and care to comb through your lashes and make sure the fibers are lined up / non-clumpy, but as long as I'm careful, I haven't had a problem with clumping. And my eyelashes get so impressive! Because of the aforementioned short/blonde/non-curly eyelashes I have, they don't look like fake eyelashes on me (I did, however, try this on my extremely patient boyfriend [who has super long amazing eyelashes that I'm definitely not jealous of] and they ABSOLUTELY looked like fake eyelashes in the best way). But they look good on me! In fact, if I'm doing a low-makeup look, I usually use this mascara without curling my lashes -- you can tell there's mascara, but it doesn't look out of place even without eyeliner. And it STAYS ON. Seriously, not the tiniest little flake or smudge, and I'm awful about touching my eyes. I've worn this through sweat and humidity and rainstorms, and it does not budge.

Removal is about the same as any other waterproof mascara -- a pain, but doable. I first use a cleansing oil, usually baby oil or apricot oil, to get off as much as I can. Then, I wash my face with La Roche-Posay DermoCleanser, which, despite being the gentlest cleanser I've ever used and usually doing nothing for eye makeup, seems to get off more of the mascara than the oil. When I wear this, I just accept that it will take maybe 24 hours to completely remove. I just keep a cotton round nearby to remove whatever smudges under my eyes as I cleanse and apply moisturizers, etc.

Overall: HIGHLY recommend. I'm the kind of person who can barely tell the difference between drugstore and high-end mascaras, and this is easily and by far the best I've ever used.

on 5/31/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My review is for the Edge Meister. This is the ultimate mascara for short sparse lashes.
If you want natural looking longer lashes, just apply this mascara solely but only for a layer or two as it does have a tendency to clump. Good thing about this mascara is that it holds the curl of eyelashes curled by an eyelash curler, unlike other mascaras that tend to flatten the curled lashes.
For extra volume, add a coat of a volumizing mascara on top of this mascara as this mascara does not give excellent dramatic volume to your lashes. This is a trick I learned from StyleSuzi from YouTube and it works like a charm. For most days, I find that just coating my lashes with this mascara is enough as I opt for a more natural look.

on 5/21/2012 4:12:00 PM

So far, my HG mascara. NO mascara is as nearly as good as this one (to me at least). It lengthens well, holds curl well, builds well, doesn't smudge and lasts all day. Highly highly recommended. Only down side is a little hard to remove, so it takes a bit of time. That's why I gave it 4 lippies. It's kinda hard to get here, with the ridiculous retail markups that more than doubles the recommended retail price in Asia. But I always find my way to one XD

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

When i first used this product i absolutely hated it..it took layers and layers for the effect i wanted (volume), and its also a pain to take off..i could never take it off completely. But then when i tried this for the second time in asia for some reason i actually LOVED it. it really gives you greaat length but still i think it lacks volume. i usually use false lashes but since i was on vacation i wanted a more natural simple look so i think that goes great with it.
so overall i think this product is alright. depending on what your striving for (length or volume) best length mascara on my opinion but no i definately don't think that it gives a false eyelash effect its not to the point where its that dramatic.

on 12/31/2009 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a terrible mascara! I don't know why this did not discontinue this. It irritates my eyes and does nothing for my lashes. Even the pictures prove this. I tried to like this mascara but it just didn't work for me and I finally tossed it. It is relatively expensive, but then again it's a Shisheido product. I only bought this product because of the comb brush, which was the "in" thing to apply your mascara a few years back. Will not be purchasing this again.

on 11/30/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is supposed to one of the most popular mascaras in Japan right now. Being half Japanese myself and having an obsession with makeup.. I decided I must grab my own.

Majolica Majorca is known for its attractive looking cosmetics and they have always caught my eye. I oredered this product from ebay from another country, for $20 AUD including postage. Excellent deal, I pay the same amount for a mascara in the stores here..

I instantly fell in love with the packaging, it comes in a cute rectangular plastic box with gold decorations. The Japanese are excellent when it comes to presentation. The tube itself is the most prettiest thing I've ever seen. It is rather small for a tube but just looks gorgeous. It is black and gold with a spider web type pattern along with fancy letters spelling out 'Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus' as well as a pretty gold emblem for Majolica Majorca on the top of the tube.

As for the content of the product itself, the brush is quite unique featuring two sides, a straight side and a curved side. The straight side is used first to apply the product on your lashes and the curved side is used for combing your lashes, removing any clumps, for lengthening and applying the nice finishing touches.

The formula contains fibres and they look like very fine small short black shreds, they stick onto the brush and looks fairly weird and at first I doubted if I was able to apply it without it being messy. To my surprised it worked out fine. I noticed the fibres would often stick to the tip of my lashes and gave the effect of long eyelashes, I'm really loving how that works.

I belive that this works quite effectively and I like the finished result. It gives me nice, very defined and long lashes. People complain about the lack of volume with this mascara. The mascara is called Lash Expander and to me that gives the idea of length not volume. I'm pretty sure its a lengthening mascara. Majolica Majolica has another mascara that provides volume, the Lash Enamel Glamour Mascara. I look for length in mascaras so this one is perfect for me. If you want volume and length, I think you could possibly try applying both mascaras on top of each other.

The mascara stays on my lashes all day without flaking and it does not smudge at all. It is a very black colour and darkens your lashes quite considerably and I really really like how dark it makes my lashes look. This mascara also does not clump at all, well it does on first application but then that's why they have the comb side. After using the comb I have lovely clump free lashes. If you curl your lashes it also holds your curl exceptionally well.

Another thing I noticed, this mascara does not make my lashes extremely stiff and hard. It feels alot softer compared to other mascaras I tried. It's not super soft of course, it's still mascara but in comparison to other mascaras it feels quite nice on the lashes.

I would give this 4.5/5 rating however it does not allow me to do so. What prevents me from giving this product a 5/5 rating is the fact that it is really difficult to remove. It is not impossible to remove, it just takes alot of time and care to remove it properly. You need to use a good eye makeup remover and work carefully to remove the mascara, if your not careful you could end up losing lashes.

It usually takes me a little bit of eye makeup remover on one cotton ball to remove my eye makeup, with Lash Expander I need two cotton balls soaked in makeup remover.

I don't find this too bothersome, just means you need to use more care when removing it. On the plus side you know it isn't going to wear off throughout the day and water and sweat most likely won't make your mascara smudge much. Because it is hard to remove... if you get mascara on your lids when applying it.. you need to use your finger immediately to rub it off because if you leave it too long you won't be able to remove it without makeup remover.

The brush is shaped nicely to fit asian eyes so I rarely have a problem with getting it on my eyelids and the brush is suited to get all your lashes and is easy to control so you shouldn't have a common problem with painting your lids.

Overall I thought this was an excellent product, although hard to remove and I do believe it is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried along with Maybelline's Full N Soft Mascara. So it's definitely a favourite and I will continue to buy it when the tube runs out. This is an excellent mascara for definition and lengthening and it holds curl really well. Definitely recommended! Plus it has very pretty packaging. If you want volume, go for the other Majolica Majorca mascara.

on 11/13/2009 3:36:00 AM

this is a great mascara. I have really oily eyes and most mascaras I've tried tends to smudge throughout the day, however this mascara can last all day without smudging. It also does a great job in lengthening your lashes. And it's so cheap! Great value. However, this product can be hard to take off

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not really a mascara person, because EVERY mascara I've brought smudges on me and makes me panda eyes. seriously. I've gone from the popular maybelline cheap mascaras to top end brands like lancome and YSL. But they allll smudge lol.

But to really wake a person up, blush and mascara are the key items.

This mascara has been really recommended, so when I was in Hong Kong over the summer, I bought this little sucker. The price ranges from 95 to 105 HKD, and it's available in watsons, sasa, bonjour etc. So it's pretty convenient.

You have to throw your mascara out 3-4 months, and I usually take a tissue or a sponge to wipe off all the excess to avoid clumps then apply. You gotta wiggle it and it does make your lashes appear longer and you look more awake :) You might find it wasteful, but it really is more hygenic to wipe before and after use. Besides, you can't finish the entire tube before it expires, so might ask well.

This thing ..does not budge. I've never tried it in the rain, but at the end of the day, i do not get panda eyes, no residues on or around my eyes at all. awesome!

But you have to be careful because it does dry fast, you can get spider lashes quite quickly, and that's never a pretty sight.

Most ppl complain about it being hard to remove, well we can't have it all can we? not to have it smudge and easy to remove? lol but I dont have a problem removing it at all since I use Lancome's bifacil. awesome stuff. Just use an oil based eye makeup remover, pour over a cotton pad and rest it on your eyes for few seconds, everything should come off.

highly recommended!

on 6/18/2009 3:37:00 AM

I love this mascara! It gives me great lashes - full, long and separated, keeps the curl up for the whole day and never smudges on me. I have really watery eyes which meant that many mascaras would flake and smudge after a few hours, however majolica's lash expander has never ever done that (even after crying). It comes off easily with the Loreal's waterproof eye makeup remover and Loreal's cashmere makeup remover. This is an awesome mascara, worth every single cent.

on 5/11/2008 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I think it's been overrated. I don't know if it's just me or what, every time I try it, it makes my eyes look sleepy and wired. I have long lashes and easily go with all mascara. But this mascara only do negative thing to my makeup. Maybe it's its color. I took a look today and found that it's not completely black but kind of brownish black. I love the Maybelline Great Lashes mascara in Very Black. That is the black I'm looking for. And Maybelline's mascara costs only about half of the price of this one.