Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Shiseido  Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.7

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this mascara! My lashes are like my hair -- fine, thin, blonde, can't hold a curl -- so I tend to have to go for the crazy, make-your-lashes-look-fake mascaras to look even halfway decent. I heard that this mascara was so intense that it was too much for an everyday look, so I thought it would do nicely.

I bought my mascara from Amazon for $15 and it arrived in a week or so. I really like the packaging -- simple, but cute. I immediately curled my lashes and tried it. The brush is more like a comb -- hard plastic, curved on one edge and straight on the other. I'm sure the instructions specified which order to use these in, but as I don't read Japanese, I tried it both ways and ultimately decided I like to use the longer curved edge initially and the shorter straight edge second.

The formula was initially rather watery, but it has since dried up. I love the fact that the fibers are inside the mascara rather than included as a second step. It does take a bit more time and care to comb through your lashes and make sure the fibers are lined up / non-clumpy, but as long as I'm careful, I haven't had a problem with clumping. And my eyelashes get so impressive! Because of the aforementioned short/blonde/non-curly eyelashes I have, they don't look like fake eyelashes on me (I did, however, try this on my extremely patient boyfriend [who has super long amazing eyelashes that I'm definitely not jealous of] and they ABSOLUTELY looked like fake eyelashes in the best way). But they look good on me! In fact, if I'm doing a low-makeup look, I usually use this mascara without curling my lashes -- you can tell there's mascara, but it doesn't look out of place even without eyeliner. And it STAYS ON. Seriously, not the tiniest little flake or smudge, and I'm awful about touching my eyes. I've worn this through sweat and humidity and rainstorms, and it does not budge.

Removal is about the same as any other waterproof mascara -- a pain, but doable. I first use a cleansing oil, usually baby oil or apricot oil, to get off as much as I can. Then, I wash my face with La Roche-Posay DermoCleanser, which, despite being the gentlest cleanser I've ever used and usually doing nothing for eye makeup, seems to get off more of the mascara than the oil. When I wear this, I just accept that it will take maybe 24 hours to completely remove. I just keep a cotton round nearby to remove whatever smudges under my eyes as I cleanse and apply moisturizers, etc.

Overall: HIGHLY recommend. I'm the kind of person who can barely tell the difference between drugstore and high-end mascaras, and this is easily and by far the best I've ever used.

on 1/18/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Wow! First mascara that has made my eyes look so dramatic! Definitely not for everyday use. I purchased this on recommendation from the salesperson in Tokyo, it was her favorite mascara. I never wear waterproof, but I decided to give it a whirl. Just like waterproof mascaras, it stays put and no smudging or panda eyes. The formula is very dark. Usually people can't tell when I wear mascara, but this is as close as falsies using a mascara that I'll ever get.

on 9/18/2013 12:43:00 PM

This is the review for the Lash Expander Edge Meister. This is my first foray into Majolica Majorca mascaras. I have thin, short, sparse, straight asian lashes.

It has a plastic paddle type applicator. One side is flat, and the other side is curved. There are grooves on both side to apply the mascara. Its definitely a bit tricky to use this applicator if you're used to a regular bristle brush, or even the ones with plastic bristles. I find it a bit tricky to apply especially to the corner lashes. It can clump somes lashes together, so it takes a bit of time to brush out the lashes and to get the fibers where you want them. I definitely find the fibers are long and so it can be quite lengthening. It also holds a curl all day long and is waterproof and smudgeproof. It isn't very volumizing but you can layer on another volumizing mascara after this has dried.

I got this off ebay for 16$ which to me is a reasonable price. Packaging is nice. I particularly like the cap which has a little engraved gold decoration.

The one con about this is that it flakes. I will see the odd fiber on my cheek during the day every so often which I didn't notice with my Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl mascara (which I also recommend).

I don't have trouble removing this mascara as others have expressed. Currently I'm using a Shu Uemura cleansing oil and it comes right off. I apply it with a mascara remover so that it really gets between the lashes. You can make your own mascara remover by taking an old tube of mascara and cleaning it out and filing it up with an oil cleanser.

on 8/17/2013 4:35:00 PM

This is the best mascara for short lashes that just don't want to hold a curl. I've been using this mascara for as long as I can remember (more than 10 years I believe). I buy so many mascaras on a regular basis, but I always go back to this one because nothing else is comparable. I must have repurchased dozens of these. I've also recommended this mascara to my friends, who have also loved it as much as I have.

The mascara wand is a comb-like brush, so it really coats each of my lashes completely. It lengthens them with tiny little fibers, but doesn't do much in terms of volume. If you try to layer it too much, it can become quite clumpy. I usually apply at most 2 layers. I have also found that the tiny fibers sometimes come off and get stuck in my eye or on my face. It is a fairly dry formula, which means that it doesn't weigh down my lashes and they stay curled all day. It is very waterproof (I've showered with this mascara on and it doesn't budge), so make sure you have a good waterproof makeup remover. .

Finally, the price. Unless you live in Asia, this mascara is going to be very expensive. I buy a ton of these every time I go to Hong Kong, and I believe they're about $15 usd there, which is pretty reasonable for a higher end mascara. There are tons of sellers online, but I really wouldn't trust them unless you're buying from a retailer.

on 9/27/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I used to love Fiberwig - but after trying out Majolica Majorca mascara - found my new HG!!

The brush is very different to all other mascaras as it's more like a comb. I prefer this as it separates your lashes while your putting on product.

It holds a curl really well and can extend your lashes to quite long. It lasts all day without smudging. People are saying it's hard to clean off - but I haven't had any issues with it as long as you use waterproof makeup removal.

on 2/28/2011 1:57:00 AM

i'm confused, are this and frame plus the same? there's two seperate entries for them but it seems like there's only one product..

on 6/7/2010 9:46:00 PM

I bought this in tokyo while looking around for makeup. I had no idea shiseido made packaging like that! I love it, it's gold and shiny, mascara is a little thin, but very easy to layer and apply; washes off with no effort. I love it!

Best mascara that I've ever used. I like this mascara, it lengthens my lashes, separates and holds the curl and does not smudge! I love the comb applicator as it does not cause clumps in my lashes which other mascaras I'd used does although I'm not used to it first time. Practice makes perfect. :)
However normal eye make up remover does not remove these mascara, requires a waterproof makeup remover to remove all.

Warning! The first time you open this product and use it, it could get a little messy because alot of the formula is stuck on the brush and it is very easy to smudge it everywhere.

It increases my lashes almost double the length. You have to be really patient with this product and just finding ways to make it work for you when you are applying it. I always apply two coats of it first, then wait for my lashes to harden a bit before proceeding. (Don't over do this process or it will look clumpy) and my lashes will end up double the length.

Alot of my friends always think that I am wearing fake eyelashes when I am not. haha my boyfriend would try to pull them out too because they were just so long.

The only con I have about this product is it is really really hard to come off, so if you accidentally get it on your skin, you have to wipe it off immediately or you will have a really hard time after.

Overall, I really love this line of mascara, ever since i used the majorca line, I have never looked back to my the american or designer brands. Japanese mascara all the way!! :) This also does not give me the panda eye effect like most mascaras do after a long day. so I never have to constantly check on it.

Give it a try!

If you are in the Toronto area, you can find this mascara at pacific mall for $25 CAD dollars. roughly. I bought mine when they had a sale, so i got it for only $20. Quite a steal.

These mascaras last a VERY long time too. I've had mine since summer and it doesnt seem like it's running out yet. so I am extremely pleased :)

on 1/2/2010 8:03:00 PM

HG mascara! I LOVE this product. It lengthens, seperates, holds curl, and DOES NOT smudge AT ALL. When I wear this along with a volumizing mascara, it looks like i'm wearing falsies. It also doesn't hurt that the packaging is adorable.