Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Shiseido  Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.3

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this mascara! My lashes are like my hair -- fine, thin, blonde, can't hold a curl -- so I tend to have to go for the crazy, make-your-lashes-look-fake mascaras to look even halfway decent. I heard that this mascara was so intense that it was too much for an everyday look, so I thought it would do nicely.

I bought my mascara from Amazon for $15 and it arrived in a week or so. I really like the packaging -- simple, but cute. I immediately curled my lashes and tried it. The brush is more like a comb -- hard plastic, curved on one edge and straight on the other. I'm sure the instructions specified which order to use these in, but as I don't read Japanese, I tried it both ways and ultimately decided I like to use the longer curved edge initially and the shorter straight edge second.

The formula was initially rather watery, but it has since dried up. I love the fact that the fibers are inside the mascara rather than included as a second step. It does take a bit more time and care to comb through your lashes and make sure the fibers are lined up / non-clumpy, but as long as I'm careful, I haven't had a problem with clumping. And my eyelashes get so impressive! Because of the aforementioned short/blonde/non-curly eyelashes I have, they don't look like fake eyelashes on me (I did, however, try this on my extremely patient boyfriend [who has super long amazing eyelashes that I'm definitely not jealous of] and they ABSOLUTELY looked like fake eyelashes in the best way). But they look good on me! In fact, if I'm doing a low-makeup look, I usually use this mascara without curling my lashes -- you can tell there's mascara, but it doesn't look out of place even without eyeliner. And it STAYS ON. Seriously, not the tiniest little flake or smudge, and I'm awful about touching my eyes. I've worn this through sweat and humidity and rainstorms, and it does not budge.

Removal is about the same as any other waterproof mascara -- a pain, but doable. I first use a cleansing oil, usually baby oil or apricot oil, to get off as much as I can. Then, I wash my face with La Roche-Posay DermoCleanser, which, despite being the gentlest cleanser I've ever used and usually doing nothing for eye makeup, seems to get off more of the mascara than the oil. When I wear this, I just accept that it will take maybe 24 hours to completely remove. I just keep a cotton round nearby to remove whatever smudges under my eyes as I cleanse and apply moisturizers, etc.

Overall: HIGHLY recommend. I'm the kind of person who can barely tell the difference between drugstore and high-end mascaras, and this is easily and by far the best I've ever used.

I'm a mascara hoarder. I have non existent short, straight, Asian eyelashes. I've been looking for my ideal mascara for years. I usually use waterproof to hold my curled lashes. I've tried expensive and drugstore. I stumbled upon this on Amazon and I fell in love! It holds curl, lengthens, and volumizes. It's truly amazing. My only wish is that it was easier to find in Canada. My search is over!

on 1/18/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Wow! First mascara that has made my eyes look so dramatic! Definitely not for everyday use. I purchased this on recommendation from the salesperson in Tokyo, it was her favorite mascara. I never wear waterproof, but I decided to give it a whirl. Just like waterproof mascaras, it stays put and no smudging or panda eyes. The formula is very dark. Usually people can't tell when I wear mascara, but this is as close as falsies using a mascara that I'll ever get.

on 5/31/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My review is for the Edge Meister. This is the ultimate mascara for short sparse lashes.
If you want natural looking longer lashes, just apply this mascara solely but only for a layer or two as it does have a tendency to clump. Good thing about this mascara is that it holds the curl of eyelashes curled by an eyelash curler, unlike other mascaras that tend to flatten the curled lashes.
For extra volume, add a coat of a volumizing mascara on top of this mascara as this mascara does not give excellent dramatic volume to your lashes. This is a trick I learned from StyleSuzi from YouTube and it works like a charm. For most days, I find that just coating my lashes with this mascara is enough as I opt for a more natural look.

on 1/31/2014 10:26:00 PM

I love this mascara. this is definitely my HG. I have short and straight lashes to begin with so lengthening and waterproof mascara is a big must for me. I bought this because i've heard sooo many good reviews about it so I bought it and I fell in love with this mascara.

First, It lengthens my lashes like no other, I don't even have to use falsies. It contains fibers in it so when you apply this mascara the fibers will stick to your lashes and make them super long that sometimes my lashes can reach my brow. It's not super volumizing though, but i don't really care since I'm just fine with only long lashes.

Second, the formula of this mascara is just like the best. It's super waterproof and smudge proof! I never ever get pandas eyes whenever I use this mascara (and i do have oily lids and i also rub my eyes so much) It also holds the curl like no other. My lashes always still look amazing and perfectly curl and long at the end of the day. The mascara is not super wet too which is great because wet mascaras tend to weight down the lashes and uncurl them (like fiberwig), but it's not super thick that it clumps your lashes.

Third, the brush of this mascara is really nice. It's not too big so it doesn't get into everywhere when you apply you mascara. It is really easy to apply on the bottom lashes too. The brush itself has like 2 parts. Both look like a comb but the other one is neater. So you're supposed to use the straight comb-like brush first to get the product to your lashes and then use the curved neater brush to really separate the lashes. I like the idea of the brush so much. It makes your lashes super super long without makes them clump. The brush also allows you to get every single lashes and also add more lengths to the end of the lashes.

Fourth, the packaging of this mascara is super gorgeous. It looks super expensive and luxurious. It also has the right size so you always can put in on your purse. Although the packaging is super nice, it's super affordable. It's around 20$, maybe it's not super cheap but the other top mascaras (such as dior, ysl, lancome) cost super super expensive and plus you can use this mascara like forever. I have mine over maybe 2 years (I don't use it everyday though) now and it's still pretty good although it starts to get easily clumpy( and yes i'm about to buy another one now).

The only bad side of this mascara is it takes FOREVER to remove. You have to use a really strong eye makeup remover to take this off unless it won't budge. To remove it, I usually soak my cotton pad with eye makeup remover and then place it on my eyes for 15-20 seconds and then rub it a bit (I know i'm supposed to remove my eye makeup very gently but this mascara is a bad girl) until the mascara comes off and then remove the leftover mascara with my sherbet type cleanser (banilla co clean it zero, this stuff is AMAZING, i also use this to remove my base makeup) and then wash it off.

Seriously, give this mascara a try, you will fall hard!!:):)~

on 1/12/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep coming back to this mascara time and time again. I use mostly luxury brand mascaras, but being from Shiseido's affordable line, I think this one can stand next to the rest of them. It's very waterproof which works wonders for my thin, straight, and naturally downward pointing lashes. It adds an amazing amount of length and volumes well. This is very affordable for the results you can achieve. Highly recommend. It's one of my favorites despite not being as easily accessible.

on 8/17/2013 4:35:00 PM

This is the best mascara for short lashes that just don't want to hold a curl. I've been using this mascara for as long as I can remember (more than 10 years I believe). I buy so many mascaras on a regular basis, but I always go back to this one because nothing else is comparable. I must have repurchased dozens of these. I've also recommended this mascara to my friends, who have also loved it as much as I have.

The mascara wand is a comb-like brush, so it really coats each of my lashes completely. It lengthens them with tiny little fibers, but doesn't do much in terms of volume. If you try to layer it too much, it can become quite clumpy. I usually apply at most 2 layers. I have also found that the tiny fibers sometimes come off and get stuck in my eye or on my face. It is a fairly dry formula, which means that it doesn't weigh down my lashes and they stay curled all day. It is very waterproof (I've showered with this mascara on and it doesn't budge), so make sure you have a good waterproof makeup remover. .

Finally, the price. Unless you live in Asia, this mascara is going to be very expensive. I buy a ton of these every time I go to Hong Kong, and I believe they're about $15 usd there, which is pretty reasonable for a higher end mascara. There are tons of sellers online, but I really wouldn't trust them unless you're buying from a retailer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My HG mascara. I know it's HG when I keep going back to it after using Fiberwig, lashblast, dollywink.

It has crazy lengthening power but is not volumising. Works for me since I already have lots of lashes. Might not work for girls with sparse lashes because it can give the spider-leg look.

The only problem is that it's hard to remove. However, I have baby oil for that!

on 9/23/2012 8:10:00 PM

I have short and sparse lashes and this mascara helps by making my lashes longer. It performs way better than all mascara I've used ie chanel Lancôme loreal. It felt a little weird using a plasticky wand instead of the normal bristles type but it works perfectly. It's natural which is what I'm looking for (but you can def build on the length by applying more) and the holding power is strong.
Will def repurchase!

on 2/12/2012 10:21:00 PM

Think everybody below has said it all, but this really is the best mascara i've tried in a long time. Bought mine over in Thailand when I was on holiday, and I got it for roughly £7 which is a decent drugstore price. It lasted all day for me in Thailand's heat and humidity, I was very impressed. It keeps my curl in place all day, as well as lengthening my short lashes very nicely. Since coming back to London, I use this over another volumizing mascara because thats one thing I find that it lacks. This combination gives me amazing thick, long eyelashes with the curl kept in place for the day. And you know thats so hard to find in a mascara! Also, you need a good eye make up remover cos it really is stubborn to take off. Cleansing oil works a treat for me. Stupidly, I only bought one back home with me which I'm super regretting as its so expensive to buy online from overseas in the UK.