Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Shiseido  Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.3

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I complete agree "avapro" 's review, this is a terrible mascara,same as the base. Both doesnt work out on my lash at all. I bought it since i read lots of good review about it, but was very dispointing after i used it. i bought it from ebay, maybe i bought a fake one? anyway, i wont buy any MJ's products.

on 12/31/2009 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a terrible mascara! I don't know why this did not discontinue this. It irritates my eyes and does nothing for my lashes. Even the pictures prove this. I tried to like this mascara but it just didn't work for me and I finally tossed it. It is relatively expensive, but then again it's a Shisheido product. I only bought this product because of the comb brush, which was the "in" thing to apply your mascara a few years back. Will not be purchasing this again.

on 5/30/2009 5:21:00 PM

During a recent trip to Japan I tried this mascara out after reading positive reviews. Even though people stated clearly over and over again that this mascara has "staying power" I was skeptical and assumed it would easily come off with some makeup remover and oil cleanser. Well...let me backtrack. I loved this mascara when applied. It made my eyelashes super long and I felt glamorous wearing this stuff over my typical Maybelline. Then I got back to my hotel after a day of hoofing it around southern Japan, and despite the humidity and my sweating, my lashes still looked perfect. Great! I contemplated buying a few more tubes before coming home. That is, until I tried removing it. I washed my face and nothing happened. I used makeup remover and a bit of the mascara started flaking off in chunks. I scrubbed a bit harder with a super creamy body wash, and more of the mascara came off (still in little chunky flakes) and proceeded to get all over my cheeks. Yet after rinsing, there was STILL mascara on my eyelashes and now all over my face. I then proceeded to pull or rub off the mascara off my lashes just so I could finally get to bed and not wake up with black flakes burning my eyeballs. This still did not entirely remove the mascara, and I noticed over the next two or three days an occasional flake of mascara would appear under my eyes after washing up. Based on how hard this stuff is to remove, I tossed my 1250 yen tube of mascara. I loved how it looked, but hated how hard I had to work to get it off.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have straight stubborn Asian eyelashes. I heard that this product was great so i bought it. It does not hold the curl of my eyelashes at all. It does lengthen it, but you dont notice because my eyelashes go straight down. I left it for a month just like other reviews said and it still did not work. This mascara really frustrated me. The most annoying part about it is that it will make my eyelashes go straight down even if i use it with another very strong mascara. This mascara annoys me so much. But it does have a pretty packaging.

this mascara has the best staying power ihave ever encountered, which can be a good thing for many people, but for me, im pretty sure i scrubbed out a few of my own lashes trying to get this out :( and i was using an oil based remover as well...
as for length and volume, this product pretty much sucks. you have try to wipe off that excess fibre and mascara from the applicator before you apply otherwise you have waterproof prickly fibres stuck in your eyes for eternity :( this product is no good for me. the only thing its got going for itself is the staying power.

on 5/11/2008 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I think it's been overrated. I don't know if it's just me or what, every time I try it, it makes my eyes look sleepy and wired. I have long lashes and easily go with all mascara. But this mascara only do negative thing to my makeup. Maybe it's its color. I took a look today and found that it's not completely black but kind of brownish black. I love the Maybelline Great Lashes mascara in Very Black. That is the black I'm looking for. And Maybelline's mascara costs only about half of the price of this one.

on 5/3/2015 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was fortunate enough to be in Tokyo this March. I haven't been back in 15 years! The first thing I did was hoard all kinds of make up from the drugstore. I bought close to 15 different mascaras and one of them was this. It's hard to choose when you're in the drugstore since everything is in Japanese so I had to rely on good reviews I found online. I'm a fan of fiber mascaras and my go to is Kevyn Aucoin. Over the years I feel like they've changed the formula though. So I'm in the hunt for the next best thing.

This mascara is definitely rich with fibers but it's a very wet formula you need to work quick and carefully coz too much of it will cause your mascara to clump. I curled my lashes before putting the product and I feel like it didn't hold the curl as much. I've been trying a lot of other Japanese mascara and this one is pretty sensitive on the eyes. What I loved best is the brush that comes with it. I loved using the flat comb like brush better than the curved one. Second, it will stay put until you take it out. No raccoon eyes or any sort of smudging whatsoever. Be sure to have an oil based make up remover coz the normal make up removers won't do. Believe me I know coz I tried.

Pro: staying power is awesome! Ones you master how to apply properly, makes lashes look long, the brush is a great tool for separating lashes.
Cons: formula too wet, prone to clumping, doesn't hold curl as much as I want it to

The only reason why I wouldn't be purchasing this one again is because I was able to find another Japanese mascara brand that I liked better but maybe if I tried this first I would give this a higher review. To me the 24 hour 1 day tattoo mascara by K-palette is so much better.

on 6/6/2013 8:29:00 PM

I find this mascara fulfilling it's lengthening claims, but not by much.
Not a big fan of the comb-like brush, or maybe just the formula that annoys me, which did not give any volume...maybe I'm asking too much from a lengthening mascara?
Not a big pain to remove if you have Kose Softymo eye makeup remover + Kiss me mascara removal gel. must have both though.
Disappointing curling effects, i have very soft lashes and i dont find this curling at all, even when i use an electric heated lash curler, the mascara fails to keep the shape in place. Fairy drop mascara does a good job in keeping curls, but it's dry and flaky looking + low pigmentation.
Not my holy grail.
It's kinda ok in terms of price though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very wet formula, does lengthen lashes by adding these interesting fibers attached to the wand. But cannot volumize, clumps A LOT, and ends up with a very thick and obvious look. Will use but not purchase again.
The packaging is very nice but the product is overpriced. Since the reviews all looked positive, overall disappointed. Would advise against buying it.
For reference, I have short Asian eyelashes that are best suited for thick volumizing mascara wands.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love the wand in this mascara! It's very different from what I've ever tried honestly. I also love the fact that it is extremely black and glossy. The thing is it doesn't volumize at all so usually I have to pair it up with another volumizing mascara to get the best results (like... CoverGirl Fusion, Smashbox Full Exposure, etc.). Also, it has amazing staying power. I walked in the rain all day with it on and no smudging, flaking, nothing! But this also means it's super hard to remove (I haven't heard of anyone saying this...) even with makeup remover, it takes at least 10 minutes for me to fully remove it from one eye, plus a few eyelashes... So I try not to use it too often. But if I go to a beach or something and I want something on my lashes (for some odd reason) I would apply a little bit of this. I would probably repurchase though, once I find a makeup remover that can defeat this! If I can find it that is....