SHISEIDO Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Filtered by age: 30-35
SHISEIDO Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

3.8

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Can be a great mascara, but you need to put some work in!

-Clean and defined application, provided you're skilled at using the applicator (not me!)
-Takes time getting used to the applicator, which looks like a small and thin flat comb in a crescent shape
-Thin flat applicator works for hard-to-reach lashes
-Wet formula, takes a while to dry and tends to glob on, but if you will take the time to separate lashes and distribute the product, it can look GOOD!
-I'm no good at using the applicator, so I tend to glob it on and then use a spoolie to brush off excess product, which distributes the mascara evenly and nicely and creates definition
-Nice dark black pigment
-Wears well, looks as good as a fresh application at the end of a long day
-No flaking off
-Easy clean up with a q-tip if you get any on your skin
-Fibre-based formula which sticks to the very fine tips of lashes to give lengthening effect
-Unfortunately uncurls my stick straight Asian lashes. Lashes need to be EXTRA curled with an eyelash curler before applying this, to account for its uncurling properties (I fail to understand why there are all these reviews raving about how it holds curls very well. It doesn't.

To make this product work for me, I need to:
-over-curl my lashes so much that it almost touches my eyelids
-apply Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base (the best primer I have encountered for holding eyelash curls)
-quickly brush through the lashes with a spoolie to for a clean primer base
-allow the base to dry thoroughly (this is a good time to do bottom lashes)
-apply Majolica Majorca Lash Expander. It can even uncurl Shiseido Mascara base, which is why I recommend over-curling your lashes before applying the base. Lash Expander doesn't dry very quickly, which is OK though, because it gives me time to:
-brush through the mascara with a spoolie to separate lashes for a clean application

Shame about the uncurling, but overall I would repurchase. The application can lengthen and darken eyelashes with a clean, defined and glossy look, if you're willing to spend the extra few minutes with a spoolie to work the product through the lashes. I'm not sure how the applicator could be improved, but it would be nice not having to use a spoolie.

If you just want a mascara that is quick and easy to apply, this is probably not for you.

I'm a mascara hoarder. I have non existent short, straight, Asian eyelashes. I've been looking for my ideal mascara for years. I usually use waterproof to hold my curled lashes. I've tried expensive and drugstore. I stumbled upon this on Amazon and I fell in love! It holds curl, lengthens, and volumizes. It's truly amazing. My only wish is that it was easier to find in Canada. My search is over!

I read a blogger's review on this and she said she liked it after it had been open for a month or two because it is such a watery formula. She was right! I hated it the first few times I used it. It didn't do anything great for me. I put it aside and after a few months I tried it again and actually liked it. It held my curl better than other mascaras and added volume and length. It doesn't smudge at all. The holding power is better than. waterproof as you cannot even get this off with an oil cleanser! Yikes! I read that you can use conditioner to help remove it and that works. I use it occasionally but not too often because of the work involved with removal. I don't like tugging on my eye area too much to remove eye products. I won't repurchase again. It isn't easy to get this product anyway.

on 9/2/2012 2:32:00 AM

It gives my short lashes tons of length. It is super black and does not budge at all. I. Would have given it a 5 star, however, it wish it did add some volume. So, I have found that if I use this on top of a volumizing mascara such as maybelline falsies, my lashes are exactly how I want them, long and full!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I complete agree "avapro" 's review, this is a terrible mascara,same as the base. Both doesnt work out on my lash at all. I bought it since i read lots of good review about it, but was very dispointing after i used it. i bought it from ebay, maybe i bought a fake one? anyway, i wont buy any MJ's products.

on 8/16/2009 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

What I really like about this mascara is (a) it holds the curl in my poker straight eyelashes after I've assaulted them with an eyelash curler; (b) it actually helps to prevent my eyeliner from smudging. I think it's because the mascara acts as a barrier between my upper eyelid and my undereye area.

I agree that this mascara doesn't add a huge amount of volume or length, but sometimes mascara that gives you massively long and thick lashes can be quite scary. So I'm quite happy with this one for now.

The other downside is removing the mascara. I'm worried that I'm developing more wrinkles under my eyes as a result of wiping away the mascara everyday with a cotton pad. I actually try to wipe away the mascara against my upper eyelid by going underneath the lashes. Tricky, but it makes me feel better.

on 12/14/2008 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It really holds my curl all day long and as they say, it lengthen my lash beautifully. But the waterproof solution makes it hard to clean up.

This mascara lengthens and volumises as it claims. It's lash comb ensures thats lashes don't clump. Its gives lashes a lovely glossy black look. It is also much easier to remove than most mascaras I've tried. It doesn't smudge on me as well. A HG for me.

on 2/12/2008 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

How to use this mascara:
1.Curl your lashes (or do it afterwards-like me)
2. Apply it LIGHTLY and slowly from top to bottom in a STRAIGHT line. Don't do a zig-zag pattern. Don't do more than 2/3 coats because it'll clump like crazy.
3. Comb lashes with a special lash comb.
4.Curl if you haven't done it before (not recommended for weak lashes-they might snap)
5.If you want a more dramatic effect or more length apply more mascara LIGHTLY on the very tips of your curled lashes. It works for me and I get a falsie effect, but you have to be really really careful. Comb if you get clumps.

I have average lashes and this mascara elongates them and opens my eyes. It's good at holding a curl and it really defines each and every lash. You've got to figure out how to use it though. It needs to be applied lightly over and over again, or else it clumps like hell. Took me a few tries before I could get it perfect.

Very cute packaging, got it for less than AU$20 in HK so it's pretty cheap.

Took a lippie off because of the clumping and the magnificent staying power-it's very hard to get it off by the end of the day. Although I don't really have a problem with that since it doesn't irritate my eyes and I've given up trying to take it off anyway- It doesn't even smudge until I put it on again the next day. A bit scary.

A good mascara for lengthening, defining, and curling your lashes. But you have to be patient when applying it. You'll enjoy your reward!

on 1/31/2008 8:35:00 AM

I found it had a good lengthening effect and stayed put, but clumped easily and was terrible to remove. I used it for about half a year and must have lost so many lashes trying to get this off. Now I've gone back to Fiberwig for a mascara with the same lengthening effect that's easy to remove.