Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

Filtered by age: 19-24
Shiseido  Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.5

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

on 9/6/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My new love for Japanese mascaras is because of Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Edge Meister! The brush is a dual sided comb with one curved side which is ideal for combing through even the shortest of eyelashes. The formula is a mousse-like texture with tiny feathery fibers in it. This mascara lengthens my short, stubby straight Asian eyelashes in one coat! After two coats of this mascara, my lashes become similar to the effect of natural looking falsies applied on me. My curl stays all day after using the Shiseido eyelash curler and there is minimum to no smudging on my lower lashes even in hot weather. However sometimes there maybe one little black fiber that lands somewhere on my cheek , but that can be easily fixed if you don't overload the brush with product. Also it is more difficult to remove compared to ordinary drugstore waterproof mascara. I usually have to swipe my eye twice with a cotton round soaked with Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover. Just be patient and gentle with removing this mascara from your lashes. Overall , this is the best mascara I've used hands down and it's about 10-12 USD from Amazon. If you're tired of looking for a good waterproof mascara from the drugstore, but don't want to commit to spending over $20 for a high end mascara, try Majolica Majorca Edge Meister! And I would repurchase this as it's my HG mascara.

Pros:
- Dual sided brush effectively combs to separate each lash
- Creates long, fluttery lashes with some volume
- Comb brush reaches most lashes, even the tiny lashes of the inner and outer corners
- Can be layered
- Fibers in formula lengthen lashes
- Pigmented black color
- Attractive packaging and design, also compact and tiny
- Reasonably priced (can be found on Amazon)
- Waterproof

Cons:
- Doesn't hold a curl really well, drooping happened 6+ hours later
- Black fibers can get stuck onto the face
- Very difficult remove compared to other waterproof mascaras
- Brush gets clumped with product easily due to fibers
- Usually has to be ordered online

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this mascara! My lashes are like my hair -- fine, thin, blonde, can't hold a curl -- so I tend to have to go for the crazy, make-your-lashes-look-fake mascaras to look even halfway decent. I heard that this mascara was so intense that it was too much for an everyday look, so I thought it would do nicely.

I bought my mascara from Amazon for $15 and it arrived in a week or so. I really like the packaging -- simple, but cute. I immediately curled my lashes and tried it. The brush is more like a comb -- hard plastic, curved on one edge and straight on the other. I'm sure the instructions specified which order to use these in, but as I don't read Japanese, I tried it both ways and ultimately decided I like to use the longer curved edge initially and the shorter straight edge second.

The formula was initially rather watery, but it has since dried up. I love the fact that the fibers are inside the mascara rather than included as a second step. It does take a bit more time and care to comb through your lashes and make sure the fibers are lined up / non-clumpy, but as long as I'm careful, I haven't had a problem with clumping. And my eyelashes get so impressive! Because of the aforementioned short/blonde/non-curly eyelashes I have, they don't look like fake eyelashes on me (I did, however, try this on my extremely patient boyfriend [who has super long amazing eyelashes that I'm definitely not jealous of] and they ABSOLUTELY looked like fake eyelashes in the best way). But they look good on me! In fact, if I'm doing a low-makeup look, I usually use this mascara without curling my lashes -- you can tell there's mascara, but it doesn't look out of place even without eyeliner. And it STAYS ON. Seriously, not the tiniest little flake or smudge, and I'm awful about touching my eyes. I've worn this through sweat and humidity and rainstorms, and it does not budge.

Removal is about the same as any other waterproof mascara -- a pain, but doable. I first use a cleansing oil, usually baby oil or apricot oil, to get off as much as I can. Then, I wash my face with La Roche-Posay DermoCleanser, which, despite being the gentlest cleanser I've ever used and usually doing nothing for eye makeup, seems to get off more of the mascara than the oil. When I wear this, I just accept that it will take maybe 24 hours to completely remove. I just keep a cotton round nearby to remove whatever smudges under my eyes as I cleanse and apply moisturizers, etc.

Overall: HIGHLY recommend. I'm the kind of person who can barely tell the difference between drugstore and high-end mascaras, and this is easily and by far the best I've ever used.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have straight stubborn Asian eyelashes. I heard that this product was great so i bought it. It does not hold the curl of my eyelashes at all. It does lengthen it, but you dont notice because my eyelashes go straight down. I left it for a month just like other reviews said and it still did not work. This mascara really frustrated me. The most annoying part about it is that it will make my eyelashes go straight down even if i use it with another very strong mascara. This mascara annoys me so much. But it does have a pretty packaging.

on 5/31/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My review is for the Edge Meister. This is the ultimate mascara for short sparse lashes.
If you want natural looking longer lashes, just apply this mascara solely but only for a layer or two as it does have a tendency to clump. Good thing about this mascara is that it holds the curl of eyelashes curled by an eyelash curler, unlike other mascaras that tend to flatten the curled lashes.
For extra volume, add a coat of a volumizing mascara on top of this mascara as this mascara does not give excellent dramatic volume to your lashes. This is a trick I learned from StyleSuzi from YouTube and it works like a charm. For most days, I find that just coating my lashes with this mascara is enough as I opt for a more natural look.

on 8/17/2013 4:35:00 PM

This is the best mascara for short lashes that just don't want to hold a curl. I've been using this mascara for as long as I can remember (more than 10 years I believe). I buy so many mascaras on a regular basis, but I always go back to this one because nothing else is comparable. I must have repurchased dozens of these. I've also recommended this mascara to my friends, who have also loved it as much as I have.

The mascara wand is a comb-like brush, so it really coats each of my lashes completely. It lengthens them with tiny little fibers, but doesn't do much in terms of volume. If you try to layer it too much, it can become quite clumpy. I usually apply at most 2 layers. I have also found that the tiny fibers sometimes come off and get stuck in my eye or on my face. It is a fairly dry formula, which means that it doesn't weigh down my lashes and they stay curled all day. It is very waterproof (I've showered with this mascara on and it doesn't budge), so make sure you have a good waterproof makeup remover. .

Finally, the price. Unless you live in Asia, this mascara is going to be very expensive. I buy a ton of these every time I go to Hong Kong, and I believe they're about $15 usd there, which is pretty reasonable for a higher end mascara. There are tons of sellers online, but I really wouldn't trust them unless you're buying from a retailer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very wet formula, does lengthen lashes by adding these interesting fibers attached to the wand. But cannot volumize, clumps A LOT, and ends up with a very thick and obvious look. Will use but not purchase again.
The packaging is very nice but the product is overpriced. Since the reviews all looked positive, overall disappointed. Would advise against buying it.
For reference, I have short Asian eyelashes that are best suited for thick volumizing mascara wands.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My HG mascara. I know it's HG when I keep going back to it after using Fiberwig, lashblast, dollywink.

It has crazy lengthening power but is not volumising. Works for me since I already have lots of lashes. Might not work for girls with sparse lashes because it can give the spider-leg look.

The only problem is that it's hard to remove. However, I have baby oil for that!

on 8/22/2012 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara really does add fibers to my lashes that lengthens it. However, I found it to give my lashes a very spidery like effect. The formula is more wet so it doesn't hold a curl. But three stars for lengthening it. This also works amazing for lower lashes

on 5/21/2012 4:12:00 PM

So far, my HG mascara. NO mascara is as nearly as good as this one (to me at least). It lengthens well, holds curl well, builds well, doesn't smudge and lasts all day. Highly highly recommended. Only down side is a little hard to remove, so it takes a bit of time. That's why I gave it 4 lippies. It's kinda hard to get here, with the ridiculous retail markups that more than doubles the recommended retail price in Asia. But I always find my way to one XD

on 2/12/2012 10:21:00 PM

Think everybody below has said it all, but this really is the best mascara i've tried in a long time. Bought mine over in Thailand when I was on holiday, and I got it for roughly 7 which is a decent drugstore price. It lasted all day for me in Thailand's heat and humidity, I was very impressed. It keeps my curl in place all day, as well as lengthening my short lashes very nicely. Since coming back to London, I use this over another volumizing mascara because thats one thing I find that it lacks. This combination gives me amazing thick, long eyelashes with the curl kept in place for the day. And you know thats so hard to find in a mascara! Also, you need a good eye make up remover cos it really is stubborn to take off. Cleansing oil works a treat for me. Stupidly, I only bought one back home with me which I'm super regretting as its so expensive to buy online from overseas in the UK.