Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap - All Scents

Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap - All Scents

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 3/15/2017 6:46:00 PM

On my second bottle now.. Have tried the almond and peppermint but the citrus/lemon one works best for me and the smell is the best of all!! This is the only thing I use in my skincare and then a moisturizer.. All you really need, seriously.. It removes everything (makeup, dirt etc.) and leaves skin clean.. Best cleanser for brushes and beauty blenders too.. And it doesn't have useless ingredients.. LOVE IT and it is very affordable in my eyes..

on 2/8/2017 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this is an EXCELLENT brush cleaner and a good body wash. i don't use body wash often because it is usually unnecessary (and therefore unnecessarily drying) but this lathers up very well with a loofah and a little goes a long way. as far as using it as a brush cleaner, it can be tricky to get used to because you'll need a lot more water than you think, but aside from the learning curve it's pretty much perfect. i don't have to wash my brushes over and over to get all the makeup out when i use this. and i love the short ingredient list and variety of natural scents. i have repurchased this over and over and will likely continue to do so for as long as the brand exists~

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These soaps are great as a body wash, face wash and make up brush/ beauty blender cleanser. I've used many face cleansers in the past and nothing quite gets rid of the make up like this. I remove my make up first with coconut oil and follow up with this as a cleanser to remove all the excess make up and coconut oil. I wouldnt recommend using it as a shampoo, tried it while I was travelling and it left my hair a bit gunky. I've also replaced my bath and body works hand foaming soap with this mixed with water and it works great. I've tried the peppermint, Eucalyptus and Almond scent before. For someone who likes the more natural refreshing smells, Eucalyptus was my favourite.

The smells are pleasant and it cleans your body very well. The only thing I'm not too fond of is how runny it is. Otherwise it's pretty much perfect. Oh and the price could always be lower ;)

My favorite scents are peppermint and citrus!

This is a Ride of Die brand for me! I love their products!
This is in my 'Regular Daily Face Wash Product' lineup, for sure.
I have combination/dry skin that is sensitive. I never had any negative reactions with any of their products. I use the bar soap for my face and body, and the liquid soap for my hair.
I also will include some liquid soap in with my laundry detergent and in my sink when washing my dishes (I also have used this product alone with my dishes and laundry as well, but will usually include it alongside another product.)
I enjoy most of their scents with lavender and peppermint being my favorites. I'm not a huge fan of the citrus, but that's just my personal preference.
The only negative comment I have about the company/brand is their packaging. They do have a lot of what I can only describe as "Random Religious Mumble" in tiny print on the bottles of liquid soap.
I don't find them to be "wrong" or "offensive" or anything like that. I just find it a strange topic to bring up on a bottle of soap.
Much more thought provoking literature than I have come to expect with my regular ol' Tide laundry detergent I guess. lol

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

If you don't like this, you are probably using it wrong.

To wash my face: 2 SMALL drops on my wet palm. Lather into a microfoam, then massage gently on your wet face.

If dryness is a problem, use the Unscented (Tea Tree scent, for example, can be drying), or bar version (these have more oils in relation to water content, and are therefore more moisturizing...check out this post from Lisa Bronner for a better explanation:

When I first tried this, I made the mistakes of using too much, and not lathering enough before making contact with my skin. So I thought: "What is all the hype about??"

Once I learned to use it properly, it's pretty much all I use. Lavender and Unscented are my favorite so far. I credit this soap for taking my skin out of irritated/reactive mode.

Check out the Dilution Cheat Sheet:

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I use the rose scented soap and I love it. I use it mostly as a body wash. I know some people use as part of a diy shampoo and/or face wash. I've never used it like that though because I have dry skin and hair, so I need products for my face and hair that more moisturizing. It can be difficult to use when putting on your skin - I don't use a loofah so I have to work it into a lather before using it. But it's a really great soap!!

on 7/28/2016 10:21:00 PM

Bought a HUGE bottle of this on a whim when I saw it at the grocery store...wasn't sure what I wanted it for but Ive seen so many good reviews I had to try it. I have the rose scent, and I find it is an authentic rose smell, but its not as strong as I would like...however the smell does linger in my shower for awhile. I use this mainly as a body wash, just a squirt on a wet washcloth and it lathers really well. Then after I'm done washing I use the same washcloth with the same soap on it to wipe my tub down while still in the shower-multitasking lol-and it leaves the tub really shiny and rose scented. You can also use this to make foaming handwash, in an empty foaming soap container, about an inch (or less) of this soap and the rest water. I haven't used this for the many other ways you can use it: laundry, dishes, mopping...tooth brushing??? And I'm afraid to use it on my face or hair, as my face is sensitive and my hair...difficult. But I appreciate that one product can be used for all these things, and if I ever find myself trapped on a desert island or out in the wilderness where I cant do any shopping, I'll want this with me for sure. But I'm content for now to use it as a bodywash/handsoap...and for that purpose alone its a really good value...I feel like Ill be using this same bottle for the next 3 years since you only need a tiny amount. This hasn't dried out my skin at all but then again I don't have dry skin and it is summer time...so I guess that would vary from person to person whether they find this drying or not. Anyway, cool product!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Pretty disappointed with this. Got it because of its high reviews as the ultimate cleanser. So far, the only use I can find for it is cleaning my makeup brushes. I tried using it as a face wash, HUGE MISTAKE. My skin was left creepy dry as a desert. AND I DID DILUTE IT. When used as a body wash, it would start to burn on my skin and I had to wash it off urgently. When used as a shampoo, also resulted in itchy dry scalp. I haven't tried this as clothes detergent so I cannot say anything about those properties, but I doubt I'd like it because this has such a strong soapy smell, like traditional oldschool soaps. This is a huge miss for me and I bought it in 1 litre size. Guess I'll have a lifetime supply of brush cleanser.

The citrus smells Soooo Good and it's my favorite. It doesn't moisturize but it does clean your body very well and I can easily apply a moisturizer after my shower. I mainly buy this because of the smell but most of all because it lasts a super long time and saves $.