Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap - All Scents

Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap - All Scents

4.3

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

If you don't like this, you are probably using it wrong.

To wash my face: 2 SMALL drops on my wet palm. Lather into a microfoam, then massage gently on your wet face.

If dryness is a problem, use the Unscented (Tea Tree scent, for example, can be drying), or bar version (these have more oils in relation to water content, and are therefore more moisturizing...check out this post from Lisa Bronner for a better explanation:

When I first tried this, I made the mistakes of using too much, and not lathering enough before making contact with my skin. So I thought: "What is all the hype about??"

Once I learned to use it properly, it's pretty much all I use. Lavender and Unscented are my favorite so far. I credit this soap for taking my skin out of irritated/reactive mode.

Check out the Dilution Cheat Sheet:

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I use the rose scented soap and I love it. I use it mostly as a body wash. I know some people use as part of a diy shampoo and/or face wash. I've never used it like that though because I have dry skin and hair, so I need products for my face and hair that more moisturizing. It can be difficult to use when putting on your skin - I don't use a loofah so I have to work it into a lather before using it. But it's a really great soap!!

To Read all 217 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/28/2016 10:21:00 PM

Bought a HUGE bottle of this on a whim when I saw it at the grocery store...wasn't sure what I wanted it for but Ive seen so many good reviews I had to try it. I have the rose scent, and I find it is an authentic rose smell, but its not as strong as I would like...however the smell does linger in my shower for awhile. I use this mainly as a body wash, just a squirt on a wet washcloth and it lathers really well. Then after I'm done washing I use the same washcloth with the same soap on it to wipe my tub down while still in the shower-multitasking lol-and it leaves the tub really shiny and rose scented. You can also use this to make foaming handwash, in an empty foaming soap container, about an inch (or less) of this soap and the rest water. I haven't used this for the many other ways you can use it: laundry, dishes, mopping...tooth brushing??? And I'm afraid to use it on my face or hair, as my face is sensitive and my hair...difficult. But I appreciate that one product can be used for all these things, and if I ever find myself trapped on a desert island or out in the wilderness where I cant do any shopping, I'll want this with me for sure. But I'm content for now to use it as a bodywash/handsoap...and for that purpose alone its a really good value...I feel like Ill be using this same bottle for the next 3 years since you only need a tiny amount. This hasn't dried out my skin at all but then again I don't have dry skin and it is summer time...so I guess that would vary from person to person whether they find this drying or not. Anyway, cool product!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Pretty disappointed with this. Got it because of its high reviews as the ultimate cleanser. So far, the only use I can find for it is cleaning my makeup brushes. I tried using it as a face wash, HUGE MISTAKE. My skin was left creepy dry as a desert. AND I DID DILUTE IT. When used as a body wash, it would start to burn on my skin and I had to wash it off urgently. When used as a shampoo, also resulted in itchy dry scalp. I haven't tried this as clothes detergent so I cannot say anything about those properties, but I doubt I'd like it because this has such a strong soapy smell, like traditional oldschool soaps. This is a huge miss for me and I bought it in 1 litre size. Guess I'll have a lifetime supply of brush cleanser.

The citrus smells Soooo Good and it's my favorite. It doesn't moisturize but it does clean your body very well and I can easily apply a moisturizer after my shower. I mainly buy this because of the smell but most of all because it lasts a super long time and saves $.

i have really sensitive skin on my chest and suffered super embarrassing break outs on my chest due to reactions to sodium lauryl sulfate. after a really bad reaction to pears i switched to this and have been using for 4+ years. the rose scent is my favourite.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought Dr Bronner's castille soap in Cherry Blossom hoping it would be a natural all-purpose product to use as soap, facewash, shampoo, laundry detergent etc. when travelling as so many people have claimed it can do. Unfortunately I found it was a horrible shampoo- leaving my fine hair feeling very dirty and never looking very clean. The skin on my face is sensitive so I do not use it as a facewash. I now only use it as a soap to shave my legs and will not repurchase. The Cheery smell is nice, but powerful so you better really like Cherry if you get this one!

on 10/20/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Most drying soap I've ever tried on skin and doesn't rinse off easily. Residue weighed down my hair, so no good as shampoo either. Label has dumb monotheistic blabber. My ex loved the almond one, which smells nice, but I'd rather use no soap than use Bronner's again.

on 10/12/2015 2:25:00 AM

I use Dr. Bronner's liquid soap (the blue bottle) as shampoo and it's absolutely great.

For many years I used whatever shampoo was cheapest or whichever was in my bathroom at the time and it didn't make much difference to my hair. However, recently I've tried to only wash my hair every other day to preserve it's natural oils and prevent early hair loss/ any kind of damage.

The only backside to this new regimen is that my scalp becomes itchy after only a day of not washing.

Another important detail is that I was using pantene's "reverses 100 blow dries" shampoo and found that it was way, way too heavy for my thin, fine hair and made it look really greasy after washing. I didn't discontinue use because I wanted to use the whole bottle...

A few days ago I finally started using Dr. Bronner's liquid soap as shampoo and I immediately loved it. It is so incredibly soothing on the scalp and cleans my hair like no other. After it dries it isn't greasy at all, just perfectly moisturized and cleanly.

I would recommend this shampoo to anyone! Especially if you use it while showering and you really massage the product into your scalp, it feels amazing— cooling and calming.

My hair is back to it's original state (no thanks to pantene) and I can now wear it down without it becoming excessively greasy.

Will definitely purchase again once I finish the bottle!! I bought mine at a local health food store for about 15$. Definitely worth every cent.

on 10/8/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the Dr. Bronners liquid peppermint and tea tree soap as shampoo for my naturally curly hair. This product is curly girl friendly. It does not dry out my hair, is sulfate free, but lathers AMAZINGLY.

I like usuing the peppermint one because it makes my scalp feel refreshed and minty! When you are rinsing Dr Bronners soap out of your hair, your hair will feel rough and tangled, but that it because the soap lifts all the cuticles on your hair, and to lay them back down, you can use Apple cider vinegar, Dr Bronners acidic rinse, or do what I do and use suave naturals conditioner to lay the cuticle back down.

I recommend this product to people with all different hair textures! It is organic and all natural and one bottle will last you forever! There are many other uses for this soap, but I only use it as a shampoo and body wash.