Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Really good product. Super creamy, easy to work with, super waterproof, I can do a variety of thing with it so it's great.
I am better working with pen liquid liners, I find them faster and easier to use, but this product is great nonetheless.

on 1/22/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been loving this to tightline lately. I've been wearing the brand's gel liners for years and have always had a lot of success with them, but had never tried a non-shimmery color before. Usually I use Laura Mercier Cake Liner to tightline but after seeing a few tutorials demonstrating this color as a tightline product I just had to try it. I'm happy to say it's worked perfectly for me in that regard and I love it for a minimal look when I want definition but not an obvious eyeliner look. I don't use it as often for my upper or lower lid in a traditional eyeliner way, but when I do it's been staying put well without smudging or flaking. Also I've worn it as a base all over my upper lid using a fluffy brush and applied shimmery, light eyeshadow on top and the effect was really pretty. So overall it's been very versatile for me.

I love the silky, creamy texture of this... it just glides on and feels amazing. Very comfortable. The finish isn't entirely matte, it's more of a satin, which I prefer. Most of the time I use the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush to apply and I find that works easiest for me to get the types of lines I want.

These pots last for so long and I've never had problems with them drying out as long as I keep the cap screwed shut tightly. I have six of these gel liners now and they're something I'll always have in my makeup rotation.

on 12/27/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just purchased it yesterday and returned it today. I read all these reviews then went out and bought it and I was very disappointed, don't know what the hype is about.
To begin with, the pigmentation is not that dark at all, even my e.l.f. gel eyeliner (that cost me 3 dollars) must have been darker. And the texture of it is really bad it smudges and melts right away. Definitely do not recommend .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's a very beautiful matte black,although I personally like my liner a bit more intense.I like the creamy consistency,It dries out rather quickly,so everytime after i dip my brush in the gel liner,i put the liner upside down on my clean pocket mirror,so it has minimum contact with air.The liner stays put all day.It smears a tiny bit on my inner eye corners during the day,but after i remove
it once with a q tip,it stays put.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm in two minds about this I bought this after using drugstores gel liners and thought it'll stay put all day it doesn't so it's not longwear ! However it's lasted me a very long time and I use gel liner ever other day it's very smooth just not long wear !

on 12/22/2013 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best gel eyeliner I've tried and I love everything about it. It goes on so smoothly, makes a perfect line, and has a bold, intense (but not overpowering) black color. If you just apply this straight to your eyelid over shadow (but without any primers), it really is not that long lasting as the oils on your lids will break it down and cause it to smear/smudge before long. What I like to do is use my UD Primer Potion on my lids first, then apply a thin layer from one of my MAC paint pots (I'd recommend Painterly or Bare Study if you're going for a more natural look), then apply my shadow over this and the BB gel eyeliner on top, and it lasts all day and sometimes even overnight if I don't take my eyeshadow off. When you layer these products, the sky's the limit as far as how long it will last!

As far as application for this eyeliner, the method I've found to have the best results is when I use a super thin gel eyeliner brush with a STRAIGHT edge (not slanted). I usually wet the brush first with water so the bristles all stay together better and keep the line thin and smooth. Doing it this way is perfect for doing a cat eye because you can drag the line out to a nice, smooth, thin point at the corner of your eye. It also keeps the line thin enough that you can pull the eyeliner in to the inside corner of your eye and not have it look too thick or intense. The only downside I've found is that the pot dried out when I got down to about the last 15-20% of the container even though I always kept it tightly capped and open for only brief periods. Of course you can still use the product even when it's dried out, but it just doesn't go on nearly as smoothly and takes longer to apply since it's harder to work with. I just purchased a new jar of this and have fallen in love with it all over again! When it's fresh and creamy, it is a dream to use. Highly recommend this product if you're looking for a great gel eyeliner!

Love it. Inken my sticken eyes.

on 10/21/2011 2:41:00 PM

This is pretty much as great as everyone says it is. But at $22 for the 0.1 ounce jar, it works out to $220 an ounce. You only get about a teaspoon of product! It does go on very smoothly and stay on nice and clean. Excellent product even if it is a lot for the amount you get.

great black gel liner. applies smooth and lasts forever! and the pot doesn't dry out fast as some others do. will repurchase if i don't find a cheaper good black gel liner!

on 6/30/2011 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Cannot praise this eyeliner enough.
Bought on a Bobbi Brown haul one day (along with a load of brushes). I am so so happy with this eyeliner! And it definitely lives up to its 'Long Wear' name.
Another reference to my life: spend a day back and forward London on the busy and sweaty London Underground, quickly get changed, head to the pub from 5pm until 12am, go to the toilet to see the state of my face ....yup..... eyeliner STILL IN TACT! literally, all of it!!!!!
I don't think I would ever buy a different eyeliner after trying this one. I only have good things to say about this, and considering you could probably be awake for 48 hours and it would still be on you smudge free (if you hadn't rubbed your eyes by then) I would say it is very much worth the money!! :)