Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.9

on 4/17/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this gel liner in Black Ink and I love it. I have oily lids and this stays put all day. I only wear it for special occasions and holidays, so I have yet to find out if it’s actually water-resistant. I use this with Bobbi Brown Ultra-Fine Eye Liner Brush and I can apply as thick or thin a line that I want. I had never used gel liner before and found the brush and gel very easy to use. A little goes a long way. I have had my little jar for over two years and have used less than a quarter of it. I was worried it was going to dry out, and while a crack did develop in the gel, it still applies like new. It is pigment rich, so one swipe shows up black, not gray like other brands can. I have no idea how long it will take me to use this up, and I wouldn’t be surprised if in another year or so the jar did dry up. When my current jar is used up, I would buy this again.

on 6/11/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is absolutely my HG eyeliner! The ONLY product that allows me the control to get a perfect wing! Sometimes I get spoiled with it and forget that this is the only product that does not smudge and maintains its pigment and placement all day, even though tears! Over an eyeshadow base and a good powder eyeshadow, that is. And when I try something else, like pigmented black e/s and/or liquid e/l, it doesn't stay put, and the performance doesn't even come close. Without primer & e/s it can smear and smudge like anything else. The real game changer is the BB eyeliner brush. Get the one that's flat, not the tapered one. I will purchase this little gem over and over and already have a travel size (depotted from a d/c BB e/s and e/l set) and 2 full size backups.

on 6/30/2011 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Cannot praise this eyeliner enough.
Bought on a Bobbi Brown haul one day (along with a load of brushes). I am so so happy with this eyeliner! And it definitely lives up to its 'Long Wear' name.
Another reference to my life: spend a day back and forward London on the busy and sweaty London Underground, quickly get changed, head to the pub from 5pm until 12am, go to the toilet to see the state of my face ....yup..... eyeliner STILL IN TACT! literally, all of it!!!!!
I don't think I would ever buy a different eyeliner after trying this one. I only have good things to say about this, and considering you could probably be awake for 48 hours and it would still be on you smudge free (if you hadn't rubbed your eyes by then) I would say it is very much worth the money!! :)

on 7/7/2010 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The best gel liner ever! I've used Mack and Smashbox in the past, but found I needed to use Benefit's She Lac to prevent fading and smudging. With BB gel liner, I don't need the She Lac. It goes on smooth and very black -- soft texture, and doesn't dry out.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

after a love-hate relationship with this product, i have finally come to love it a whole lot. i found it hard to use at first because i was a bit rubbish at the application. you can't layer this liner over itself once it's dry like MAC's fluidline. you can add blackness to the line but you can't re-shape it if that makes sense. anyway, after a tiny con - this liner is amazing. it is PITCH black (blacker than MAC) and is just beautiful. application is very very smooth, and mine is over a year old and is holding up well. if you think of a matte liquid liner that looks a hundred times smoother and stays on incredibly well. MAC's fluidline is lovely too, and is a bit more spreadable during application, but it is not as black and is not as long-lasting on the waterline. MAC's colour allows you to put a lot more on and blend it in with your whole eye make-up, whereas BB is more of a basic black liner. this is more of an 'inky' black as the name rightly suggests. i use this with the BB 'ultra fine' brush, which i love, and has lasted me well. i wash it after every use, and whilst using it, i cover it in liner and flatten both sides out on the edge of the liner jar to get rid of excess and get the brush into a stiff shape. i have also found that the blackness of this liner is intensified with Too faced shadow insurance, but that is a whole different kettle of reviews.
packaging: BEWARE of the lid loosening on its own in your make-up bag. screw it on tightly before chucking it back into its hiding place. i'm also unsure whether or not i like the frosted glass on my jar.
bottom 'line', incredible liner!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Best gel liner hands down. I prefer it over MAC Blacktrack, Stila Smudgepot & WetnWild Creme Liner. It's the most intense black in my opinion and doesn't flake/crumble or fade throughout the day. Definite HG material.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is my HG eyeliner, smooth, black, and waterproof!!!! i know i showered in it a few times lol

my only gripe, is not knowing if its waterline safe? as no other eyeliner stays put!!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this after my MAC Fluidline dried up and is getting very difficult to work with. I must say that I prefer the Bobbi Brown one. I wouldn't say it's a gel liner (even though it's called that), it's more of a cream liner. It's very easy to work with, and it dries to a matte finish which I love. The texture of this liner makes it so simple to draw a perfect line and perfect "wing". When I used the MAC fluidline, I sometimes had to tug on my eye for the liner to go on smoothly...but with the BB liner I can hold my brush with one hand and mirror in the other and my liner looks perfect all the time.

on 7/5/2008 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Fantastic product. I thought Stila's was good but then it dried out within 2 months. I've had this for over a year and it's still moist and applies like a dream. I love the liquid eyeliner look but am a real klutz - thank goodness for gel eyeliners! RM65 in Malaysia, a bit pricey but totally worth it.