Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 6/10/2017 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had this before in the brown. I love this eyeliner. I tightline with it and I also line the upper lash line. It makes my lashes look so much longer. It stays put and I love it.

on 4/13/2016 11:21:00 PM

this review is actually for the shade caviar ink, which is like a deep, matte, black-brown shade. most gel liners smudge and transfer and starts to fade within a few hours but even after 8 hours, it still looks as if i just applied it in the early afternoon. it really is waterproof and long wearing. it is well worth the price, and I hardly ever say that about anything.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample of this gel liner from a recent online Bobbi Brown order and I definitely like it. It's not as jet black as MAC's Black Track fluid liner which I prefer now. I find that jet black liner is too harsh looking for me in my late 40s.

I don't have any issues with the liner rubbing off, smudging or wearing off and I expect that with BB's gel liners.
I still prefer the Black Scotch gel liner as the shimmer in that shade enhances my brown eyes more than the Black Ink shade.
So for that reason alone, I wouldn't buy a full size. I'd rather re-purchase the Black Scotch but the Black Ink is a nice standby.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Really good product. Super creamy, easy to work with, super waterproof, I can do a variety of thing with it so it's great.
I am better working with pen liquid liners, I find them faster and easier to use, but this product is great nonetheless.

I put this on my christmas list as I was sure I had heard somewhere this gel liner didn't budge however I was very disappointed.
I always use a primer on my eyelids before I put anything on my eyes but that didn't seem to help as this still transfers.
Pigmentation - it isn't as black as i'd like.
I apply this using either an angled brush or flat brush and I feel like it slides and leave lines and gaps as the pigmentation isn't even.
Price - you can buy better ones from the drugstore for half the price.
Packaging - its the same as every other gel liner.
Lasting power - it doesn't last long before it transfers.
I would recommend it to a friend.

on 7/10/2015 10:05:00 PM

this gel eye liner was a great disappointment. If you have oily lids don't even bother with this product. I used this product on my bottom waterline and it melts off and leaves me with raccoon eyes. I tried every trick to make it stay (concealer, eye primer eye shadows) but it did not work. I then tried it on my lids to see if it only sucks on the waterline but no it smudges as well. I tired a winged eye and like in 4 hrs it was just a smudge mess. I'm sure this product works well with non oily skin but oily skin beware not a good product.

This transfers on my lower lid. Well all gel liners do. I've tried brands from WnW to Stila, Kat Von D, and this. If you have oily lids stay away from gel liners! Stila, KvD, UD 24/7 Liquid liner from sephora are good. And Loreal Lineur Intense felt tip in Carbon black, and those Jordana pencils last me all day!

There is so much hype about this eyeliner. I don't know if its true, but someone at the Bobbi brown counter claimed that gel liner itself is Bobbi Brown's invention.

I purchased this and the fine eyeliner brush at the airport (I was that desperate to try them because it took me a while for me to decide whether or not I wanted to try them)

Pigmentation is alright. nothing over the top. it doesn't come across as transparent, but not glossy and defined. just boring matte tiny bit greyish black.
I didn't know until I've tried other gel eyeliners that the texture is lacking, but it takes a lot of re dipping to fully line. Therefore takes a lot longer than I want it to. Its a bit chalky and isn't as smooth as others like Tarte, Mac, YSL, etc.

The biggest drawback is that the eyeliner is that it doesn't stay. it melts, smudges, and transfers. I tried using different primers, setting powders, eye shadows, brushes, and everything that could possibly have an impact on the longevity. nothing works.

Also hardens within the first few months. I had to throw this out when I wasn't even half done with it. waste of money.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolute staple in my kit!

Texture: I find this eyeliner to have a drier texture (in comparison with MAC fluidlines I have) - however in this specific pitch black shade - I find it brilliant. It glides easier if you warm up a bit of product on the back of you hand or just press it better with your eyeliner brush (against the remaining product in the pot).

Application: this can be a bit tricky, if you are not an experienced brush-eyeliner girl (in that case is easier to get a MAC one, because its texture is creamier and easier to apply). However if you know your tools - you will love the effect this product gives.

There is a great blog post on how to best use this eyeliner, click below if interested: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog#!Best-Pool-Makeup-Professional-Swimmer-Advice/cmbz/E5FB05C3-2A81-4D08-B241-60EF45B86ED7

on 4/17/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this gel liner in Black Ink and I love it. I have oily lids and this stays put all day. I only wear it for special occasions and holidays, so I have yet to find out if it’s actually water-resistant. I use this with Bobbi Brown Ultra-Fine Eye Liner Brush and I can apply as thick or thin a line that I want. I had never used gel liner before and found the brush and gel very easy to use. A little goes a long way. I have had my little jar for over two years and have used less than a quarter of it. I was worried it was going to dry out, and while a crack did develop in the gel, it still applies like new. It is pigment rich, so one swipe shows up black, not gray like other brands can. I have no idea how long it will take me to use this up, and I wouldn’t be surprised if in another year or so the jar did dry up. When my current jar is used up, I would buy this again.