Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.3

on 6/10/2017 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had this before in the brown. I love this eyeliner. I tightline with it and I also line the upper lash line. It makes my lashes look so much longer. It stays put and I love it.

on 1/22/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been loving this to tightline lately. I've been wearing the brand's gel liners for years and have always had a lot of success with them, but had never tried a non-shimmery color before. Usually I use Laura Mercier Cake Liner to tightline but after seeing a few tutorials demonstrating this color as a tightline product I just had to try it. I'm happy to say it's worked perfectly for me in that regard and I love it for a minimal look when I want definition but not an obvious eyeliner look. I don't use it as often for my upper or lower lid in a traditional eyeliner way, but when I do it's been staying put well without smudging or flaking. Also I've worn it as a base all over my upper lid using a fluffy brush and applied shimmery, light eyeshadow on top and the effect was really pretty. So overall it's been very versatile for me.

I love the silky, creamy texture of this... it just glides on and feels amazing. Very comfortable. The finish isn't entirely matte, it's more of a satin, which I prefer. Most of the time I use the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush to apply and I find that works easiest for me to get the types of lines I want.

These pots last for so long and I've never had problems with them drying out as long as I keep the cap screwed shut tightly. I have six of these gel liners now and they're something I'll always have in my makeup rotation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this eyeliner. It's creamy, it glides on smoothly, it's opaque, and it never smudges. I use a Sonia Kashuk liner brush and it gives me a perfect application every time. There's really no cons about this product except the pot can dry out over time ( as with any other gel liner). I've had mine since February and it's still holding up decently. However, I won't repurchase. While it's good for what it is, it's nothing to drop another 20-something dollar on. I find the Wet n Wild gel liner does the same thing for about $20 less.

on 5/30/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had this for a long time but I never used it because I preferred a softer black. But I found when I wore dramatic eye shadows, the softer black didn't really stand out a lot, so I wanted something darker and more dramatic. I discovered this sitting around and tried it out. Although I like BB gel eyeliners (and I think maybe they were the first, or one of the first, to put these out on the market) I prefer MAC Fluidlines. Fluidlines are creamier and easier to apply, and both wear like iron and are water-proof and smudge-proof. I find that BB, however, tends to flakes off. And also flakes of it fall into the eyes and irritate them. I've since discovered Essence black gel eyeliner and use it instead of the BB one. It's actually better, it doesn't flake off. But still kudos to Bobbi Brown for introducing these to the world.

By the way, for those of you who have problems removing this with makeup remover, use OIL instead! I always use oil (sweet almond, coconut, even baby oil will work), just rub it all around your eyes wherever you have makeup, let sit for a couple of seconds and wipe off with a dry or damp wipe/cotton pad/tissue. It will just MELT OFF like a dream!

on 10/11/2012 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I can officially declare this my HG gel eyeliner after test driving other brands from drugstore to high end dept store competitors. It's not the deepest and glossiest black shade ever, but it does glide on easily, doesn't require a lot of drying time, and once it sets, it lasts through my entire 8hr workshift with the barest hint of smudging on my lids. I never get the lower lashline/racoon-eye transfer with this product either which is also a huge plus. I love the selection of colors - everytime a limited edition one comes out, I snatch it up, since one pot lasts me such a long time.

on 9/27/2012 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had this for years, literally. I used it for a while when I first started to use gel eyeliners and perhaps it was the brush I was using or my impatient learning curve, but I couldn't quite get the hang of this stuff so I set it on the back burner and subsequently bought a whole slew of other liners to play with over time. I recently revisited it and took it out of the box (I keep all my gel liners in their boxes to help prevent drying out) to give it another try. I'd recently seen a video by GossMakeupArtist stating this was one of the few gel liners that actually says it's safe for the inner rim of the eye, so I gave it another go, and lo and behold, it applied quite dreamily to my bottom rim. And it stayed there! I've been using other gel liners but it seems none really apply as smoothly as this did. Not sure why but I won't argue. Double bonus that it's stated to be safe for the waterline. Not all brands make that claim. I'm also amazed at how smooth it's stayed, even with a crack! I won't be neglecting this one anymore.

on 8/4/2012 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this liner. I have hooded asian eyes which usually turn most eyeliners into a smudgey mess at the end of the day. This liner holds up well with just a bit of light smudging around the outside corners at the end of a long day.

I bought this product after watching make-up review videos from Lisa Eldridge and have to say I think it is brilliant. It goes on really easily and stays put all day. I have tried lots of different eye-liners and usually end up with smudgy marks around my eyes. Cute little pot too.

on 4/10/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

BB gel liner is my HG liner. It's long lasting, doesn't dry out and applies smoothly. I have Espresso, Caviar Ink and just bought Black Ink. Beautiful rich black and perfect for a cat eye. Love that it dries to a matte black.

on 10/1/2011 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always use mac blacktrack but I heard so many raving reviews about the bobbi brown longwear gel liner, so I thought why not buy it and try it but wow is it awful! it has been quite hot in the UK past week so this may be why but it smudges soo much whereas the mac one wont. It really is a mess it looks like black grease on my lids, shiny and smudgey. I like the texture of it, its really creamy and it applies nicely with the mac fine eyeliner brush, its also a nice looking black ( i know this sounds weird but the mac and bobbi brown colour of black is slightly different). Despite all this I cannot wear this again, I may try this again in winter however I definately would not purchase again as the mac one performs well in hot and cool weather.