Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.5

on 4/6/2015 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This eyeliner is the best gel one that i've ever used.
Love the sharp color and the texture, but it a little hard for me in the beginning to use it, but when i use their liner brush, it just feel that easy.

But what i dislike is not waterproof if your wear it more than 6 hours, it will smudge under your eyes.

If you just use it for 1-3 hours, it's just ok.
It is really easy to clean up even with some drugstore's eye makeup remover.

on 4/2/2015 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't understand the hype about this product and this is truly the worst eyeliner I've ever used and certainly the most expensive. Whilst the packaging is lovely, I feel like that's all I'm paying for. The consistency is not creamy at all and I find it hard to apply despite using gel eyeliners for years. I do have very oily eyelids however within two hours the product has either smudged, transferred or completely faded and I have never had a full day that this product has stayed on my eyelids even with primer. I find that maybelline is far better for their gel eyeliner and costs a fraction of the price.

on 7/16/2014 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this because I heard so many great things about it, but it's just kinda meh.

Its quite creamy and thick which I enjoy, it applies to the lid easily. For me, it doesn't smudge or transfer over my lid.

However, the color does not last a school day. By the end of the day, it starts to wear down and look greyish. Also, I have quite watery eyes and it gathers on the side of my eye where it is watery.

Overall, it's ok. I've found myself to like the MAC gel liner better since it doesn't wear down and is kinda waterproof.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolute staple in my kit!

Texture: I find this eyeliner to have a drier texture (in comparison with MAC fluidlines I have) - however in this specific pitch black shade - I find it brilliant. It glides easier if you warm up a bit of product on the back of you hand or just press it better with your eyeliner brush (against the remaining product in the pot).

Application: this can be a bit tricky, if you are not an experienced brush-eyeliner girl (in that case is easier to get a MAC one, because its texture is creamier and easier to apply). However if you know your tools - you will love the effect this product gives.

There is a great blog post on how to best use this eyeliner, click below if interested: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog#!Best-Pool-Makeup-Professional-Swimmer-Advice/cmbz/E5FB05C3-2A81-4D08-B241-60EF45B86ED7

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

An absolute must have!! I tried the Mac fluidline and i was really disappointed because it came off real easy, especially is you had the wing goin on. But anyways, i decided to try this eyeliner by Bobbi Brown and i am soo impressed! Its so easy to apply and it litterally lasts all day long, especially with a eye primer. Its a thicker more waterproof formula and its absolutely perfect. One of my all time favorite products that i use everyday. If you were wondering how i apply it, i use Macs 209 eyeliner brush, and by far the best brush for application. My eye makeup is ten times easier with this gel eyeliner. I have never raved this hardcore about a product. I feel all products have their flaws and dont live up to the discription, but this gel eyeliner, is pretty close to perfect. I am forever a costumer of Bobbi Brown (: Hope this helped!

on 6/11/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is absolutely my HG eyeliner! The ONLY product that allows me the control to get a perfect wing! Sometimes I get spoiled with it and forget that this is the only product that does not smudge and maintains its pigment and placement all day, even though tears! Over an eyeshadow base and a good powder eyeshadow, that is. And when I try something else, like pigmented black e/s and/or liquid e/l, it doesn't stay put, and the performance doesn't even come close. Without primer & e/s it can smear and smudge like anything else. The real game changer is the BB eyeliner brush. Get the one that's flat, not the tapered one. I will purchase this little gem over and over and already have a travel size (depotted from a d/c BB e/s and e/l set) and 2 full size backups.

on 4/15/2012 6:04:00 PM

Bobbi Brown Gel Liner trumps all. The color stays "black" much longer than MAC's fluidline. The package also lasts longer than MAC. Not sure about everyone else, but Bobbi Brown also applies much smoother than MAC.

In short, it as the applicability of Loreal HIP gel liner, but the non flakiness of MAC. I use the 209 brush when applying. Another trick that I learned when I was getting my trial done (maybe it's not a trick and I'm just late), but when you are applying, you could simply face the container downwards to decrease exposure to drying out if you're too lazy to screw the cap back on.

on 10/19/2011 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Mine came with an applicator brush together with Sephia pot. It was a good deal. It's easy to apply and the color stays on the whole time (until you remove it with with a make-up remover). The only issue that I have with it is when it gets a bit humid, the liner gets smudged. Nonetheless, it's still a great product.

The pots last very long even if its for daily use.

on 8/20/2011 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried all of Bobbi's gel liners, as well as countless pens, pencils, liquids and powders from other manufacturers. My eyes are my best feature, so I'm a little obsessed with liner. BB's black ink is my favorite. Some might think it's too bold for daytime, but I think it's classy, especially when paired with a neutral taupe eyeshadow.( I'm partial to BB's wheat or woodrose eyeshadow for daytime.) For some reason, the black ink is also the only color I have found in BB's line that doesn't dry out. Not sure what that is all about, but I really like that the gel consistency is maintained. Makes application so much easier. I've applied this with all sorts of brushes, including BB. For me, a flat eyeliner brush similar to smashbox works best with jet black liner, since it allows you to really get in close to the lashes without creating a bold, thick line. The staying power is excellent. I do follow with a powder liner on top during the summer. If I do so, then even when it's 97 degrees outside, the look lasts through a 12 hour shift, with dinner afterwards. Absolutely a must have.

on 8/13/2011 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you want a black eyeliner that goes on smooth and stays all day, this is the one. The only downside (if you consider it a downside) is that it dries fast. The problem with that is the there is not modification once it dries. So if you want to smudge, you can, but you have do it almost immediately.

I recently purchased the BB gel liner brush after using it with a MAC brush for a long while. It's worth the price. That BB brush makes application that much easier and fluid.

It may seem a little pricey, but it does last. Of course, you are only supposed to keep eye products for a number of months, so... But for me the quality is worth expense. I have the chocolate too, which I actually prefer.