Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.1

on 12/11/2012 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I've had this for 7-8 months now and I waited until I used this a whole lot to review it. I've been using gel/cream type liners almost daily for around six years so I think I'm pretty knowledgeable and experienced with them. I've used gel/cream liners from many brands such as ELF, MAC, Smashbox, Tarte, Jane, Stila, Sonia Kashuk, L'oreal, Wet N Wild, etc. I LOVE how smoothly this applies. It just glides very easily and it's easier to make nice crisp lines compared to other brands. It's perfect for a winged eyeliner. The pot has not dried out at all and I've had it for a long time now so that's a huge plus. I've had many other gel liners that would dry out within 3 months. It is also super dark compared to most gel liners I've used. You have to layer it a bit but the result is amazing. You get a true black with this stuff. Now onto the bad part...this stuff transfers! I have dry eyelids...I have zero oil on my eyelids but everytime I use this, the product transfers to my undereye area right around the outer corner (I normally do not use any eyeliner on my undereye area). It happens every single time even on a cold day when the weather is not an issue. It wouldn't be such a big deal to me if the transfer was minimal but it's pretty obvious...even my sister pointed it out to me before and she's is not a makeup person...she doesn't really pay attention to anyone's makeup. It also does not last long on my waterline either but I wasn't really expecting it to anyways bc most products just fade from my waterline. Overall, I don't think it's a bad product but it doesn't live up to its rep. I would not buy this again due to the transferring.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Very pigmented but smudge like crazy, even on my waterline :/ and when it dried i revive it with some hydrating eye drop, it still smudge, but i find that the eye drop make it last longer, so u could try that method. I tink this eyeliner would be good with dry eyelids :>

on 10/26/2008 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I wish I had this on my wedding day as I stabbed my eye lid a thousand times trying to get a neat line across my lid with a shaky hand. This stuff glides on so easily and perfectly with the given Bobbi Brown recommended brush that I could do it while walking to my car. I'm amazed. It is jet black and stays all day and night. Not difficult at all to clean off in the shower either. I'm amazed and that doesn't happen often. Just Make sure that you have great mascara that is as rich in color or your lashes will pale in comparison to your lids!

on 12/14/2007 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Not only does the ink gel itself costs a BOMB, the eyeliner brush adds another hole to my pocket. I really don't get all the raves about this product. The brush gets out of shape after awhile, and sometimes the eyeliner smudges on my upper and lower eyelids. I have never had this upper eyelid smudging problem with other gel/liquid eyeliners. But it is indeed lasting. I'll give it that...otherwise....over-rated.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite eyeliner (I prefer it over liquid, pencil and all other gels!)... I use it all the time and vary the thickness of the line for different looks! It beats the Stila Smudge Pot gels by 1000 to 1. I'd venture to say I like it a bit more than even the Mac fluidlines (I have those too) because of the really thick shapely line you can get. Fluidlines are another great product, but it's like watercolor compared to the original BB gel liners. The trick to making it stay all day without running at all is to put a bit of translucent powder on top.

on 2/15/2006 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is very good, goes on very smooth and can create soft or dramatic look just depends on my mood. I got it in Black Ink and itís last very long. The brush is very easy to use due to the weight and tip. I use to use MAC liquid eyeliner but that one is more difficult to control and I end up spend so mush time on eye makeup and after that I have to give up, clean the mess up and go without the line on my eyes since it so hard to draw. Since Iíve got this one I always draw eyeliner easily nicely and sharply. Wonít buy again as next time want to try MAC Fluid (but it doesnít mean BB Geliner is not good..!!)

on 11/19/2005 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

My staple. Long lasting and intense pigmentation. A true black i've always been looking for.