Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

This liner lasts all day regardless of what I do. It survives rain, workouts and parties and has now been my favorite for a couple of years. But I really had to learn to work with it, as it does not go on as smooth as other lines. I like to use the bobbi brown brush specially made for this liner but maybeline also has one that is just as good (it comes with their gel liner for free). I don't aim for a very sharp and thin wing and imagine that would be better achieved with a liquid liner. It does dry out so I use a couple of drops of duraline to revive it. Due to its durability I am hooked and have it in six different shades.

I have been using this eyeliner for about 8 years and I just love it so much. It is probably the easiest consistency for me to work with and it dries down to an intense matte black. The Inglot AMC gel liner is even blacker but the formula is a bit more runny and streaky so I feel like I like them both equally. It is also waterproof and this thing does not budge and last all day.

I had the same jar for years and it lasts and last. I always make sure I close the lids tightly and upside down but it still got a bit dry. No problem. I just use my Inglot duraline to revive and they are good to go again

Would I recommend? Absolutely. Would I repurchase? Probably not - the price is too high and I only get about half the product comparing to my Inglot AMC gel liner - but if you want to indulge I highly recommend - you won't be disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample of this gel liner from a recent online Bobbi Brown order and I definitely like it. It's not as jet black as MAC's Black Track fluid liner which I prefer now. I find that jet black liner is too harsh looking for me in my late 40s.

I don't have any issues with the liner rubbing off, smudging or wearing off and I expect that with BB's gel liners.
I still prefer the Black Scotch gel liner as the shimmer in that shade enhances my brown eyes more than the Black Ink shade.
So for that reason alone, I wouldn't buy a full size. I'd rather re-purchase the Black Scotch but the Black Ink is a nice standby.

on 6/10/2017 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had this before in the brown. I love this eyeliner. I tightline with it and I also line the upper lash line. It makes my lashes look so much longer. It stays put and I love it.

on 4/13/2016 11:21:00 PM

this review is actually for the shade caviar ink, which is like a deep, matte, black-brown shade. most gel liners smudge and transfer and starts to fade within a few hours but even after 8 hours, it still looks as if i just applied it in the early afternoon. it really is waterproof and long wearing. it is well worth the price, and I hardly ever say that about anything.

on 10/24/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This liner is good overall. It is creamy and has a soft, matte finish. So you won't get crisp lines with this which can be bad or good. I sharpen my cat eyes with either tape or concealer to address that problem. The color payoff is good and the softness is actually great for smoky looks. It's not a bold jet black but it is dark.

on 9/25/2015 2:28:00 AM

I always receive compliments when wearing this gel eyeliner. Longer lasting compared to Mac Fluidline gel eyeliner. Much easier to use than liquid eyeliner and more natural looking. Have yet to find a better replacement.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Really good product. Super creamy, easy to work with, super waterproof, I can do a variety of thing with it so it's great.
I am better working with pen liquid liners, I find them faster and easier to use, but this product is great nonetheless.

I put this on my christmas list as I was sure I had heard somewhere this gel liner didn't budge however I was very disappointed.
I always use a primer on my eyelids before I put anything on my eyes but that didn't seem to help as this still transfers.
Pigmentation - it isn't as black as i'd like.
I apply this using either an angled brush or flat brush and I feel like it slides and leave lines and gaps as the pigmentation isn't even.
Price - you can buy better ones from the drugstore for half the price.
Packaging - its the same as every other gel liner.
Lasting power - it doesn't last long before it transfers.
I would recommend it to a friend.

on 7/31/2015 10:30:00 AM

This gel liner was quite a disappointment to me. Not only does it smudge, it also transfers onto my lower lash line. Not attractive at all. It is very pigmented and extremely easy to apply, but it is just not good enough. This actually could be due to my oily lids, but I've tried primer and eyeshadow beforehand, but it still transfers. It is also quite pricey, compared to other drugstore gel liners. Definitely would not re-purchase! I hope to find a better one soon :)