Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

Filtered by age: 30-35
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.4

This liner lasts all day regardless of what I do. It survives rain, workouts and parties and has now been my favorite for a couple of years. But I really had to learn to work with it, as it does not go on as smooth as other lines. I like to use the bobbi brown brush specially made for this liner but maybeline also has one that is just as good (it comes with their gel liner for free). I don't aim for a very sharp and thin wing and imagine that would be better achieved with a liquid liner. It does dry out so I use a couple of drops of duraline to revive it. Due to its durability I am hooked and have it in six different shades.

on 4/6/2015 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This eyeliner is the best gel one that i've ever used.
Love the sharp color and the texture, but it a little hard for me in the beginning to use it, but when i use their liner brush, it just feel that easy.

But what i dislike is not waterproof if your wear it more than 6 hours, it will smudge under your eyes.

If you just use it for 1-3 hours, it's just ok.
It is really easy to clean up even with some drugstore's eye makeup remover.

Gel liner wasn't something that I liked right away but now that i have practiced it I really am loving it. The staying power is so much better for someone like me with oily lids. Wish this wasn't so expensive otherwise a 5 lip product

on 1/22/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been loving this to tightline lately. I've been wearing the brand's gel liners for years and have always had a lot of success with them, but had never tried a non-shimmery color before. Usually I use Laura Mercier Cake Liner to tightline but after seeing a few tutorials demonstrating this color as a tightline product I just had to try it. I'm happy to say it's worked perfectly for me in that regard and I love it for a minimal look when I want definition but not an obvious eyeliner look. I don't use it as often for my upper or lower lid in a traditional eyeliner way, but when I do it's been staying put well without smudging or flaking. Also I've worn it as a base all over my upper lid using a fluffy brush and applied shimmery, light eyeshadow on top and the effect was really pretty. So overall it's been very versatile for me.

I love the silky, creamy texture of this... it just glides on and feels amazing. Very comfortable. The finish isn't entirely matte, it's more of a satin, which I prefer. Most of the time I use the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush to apply and I find that works easiest for me to get the types of lines I want.

These pots last for so long and I've never had problems with them drying out as long as I keep the cap screwed shut tightly. I have six of these gel liners now and they're something I'll always have in my makeup rotation.

on 4/17/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this gel liner in Black Ink and I love it. I have oily lids and this stays put all day. I only wear it for special occasions and holidays, so I have yet to find out if it’s actually water-resistant. I use this with Bobbi Brown Ultra-Fine Eye Liner Brush and I can apply as thick or thin a line that I want. I had never used gel liner before and found the brush and gel very easy to use. A little goes a long way. I have had my little jar for over two years and have used less than a quarter of it. I was worried it was going to dry out, and while a crack did develop in the gel, it still applies like new. It is pigment rich, so one swipe shows up black, not gray like other brands can. I have no idea how long it will take me to use this up, and I wouldn’t be surprised if in another year or so the jar did dry up. When my current jar is used up, I would buy this again.

on 12/11/2012 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I've had this for 7-8 months now and I waited until I used this a whole lot to review it. I've been using gel/cream type liners almost daily for around six years so I think I'm pretty knowledgeable and experienced with them. I've used gel/cream liners from many brands such as ELF, MAC, Smashbox, Tarte, Jane, Stila, Sonia Kashuk, L'oreal, Wet N Wild, etc. I LOVE how smoothly this applies. It just glides very easily and it's easier to make nice crisp lines compared to other brands. It's perfect for a winged eyeliner. The pot has not dried out at all and I've had it for a long time now so that's a huge plus. I've had many other gel liners that would dry out within 3 months. It is also super dark compared to most gel liners I've used. You have to layer it a bit but the result is amazing. You get a true black with this stuff. Now onto the bad part...this stuff transfers! I have dry eyelids...I have zero oil on my eyelids but everytime I use this, the product transfers to my undereye area right around the outer corner (I normally do not use any eyeliner on my undereye area). It happens every single time even on a cold day when the weather is not an issue. It wouldn't be such a big deal to me if the transfer was minimal but it's pretty obvious...even my sister pointed it out to me before and she's is not a makeup person...she doesn't really pay attention to anyone's makeup. It also does not last long on my waterline either but I wasn't really expecting it to anyways bc most products just fade from my waterline. Overall, I don't think it's a bad product but it doesn't live up to its rep. I would not buy this again due to the transferring.

on 10/11/2012 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I can officially declare this my HG gel eyeliner after test driving other brands from drugstore to high end dept store competitors. It's not the deepest and glossiest black shade ever, but it does glide on easily, doesn't require a lot of drying time, and once it sets, it lasts through my entire 8hr workshift with the barest hint of smudging on my lids. I never get the lower lashline/racoon-eye transfer with this product either which is also a huge plus. I love the selection of colors - everytime a limited edition one comes out, I snatch it up, since one pot lasts me such a long time.

on 8/4/2012 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this liner. I have hooded asian eyes which usually turn most eyeliners into a smudgey mess at the end of the day. This liner holds up well with just a bit of light smudging around the outside corners at the end of a long day.

on 4/23/2012 9:15:00 PM

I tried this because it had such great reviews and all I can say is, yes it may last long but it smudges madly and you end up looking like a panda.

I normally use liquid eye liners because pencil somehow seem to smudge after 4~5 hours and I look like a panda. However I really like the softer look of pencil so I thought maybe gel might do the trick....

I dont like putting on hours of make up and layering my eye area with primers and powder etc to prevent smudging. I dont have time to do all that in the morning. I just want an eyeliner that I can put on after moisturiser and stay that way. I'm so sick of liquid eye liner but I think I'll stick to it for now because it never smudges :(

on 4/15/2012 6:04:00 PM

Bobbi Brown Gel Liner trumps all. The color stays "black" much longer than MAC's fluidline. The package also lasts longer than MAC. Not sure about everyone else, but Bobbi Brown also applies much smoother than MAC.

In short, it as the applicability of Loreal HIP gel liner, but the non flakiness of MAC. I use the 209 brush when applying. Another trick that I learned when I was getting my trial done (maybe it's not a trick and I'm just late), but when you are applying, you could simply face the container downwards to decrease exposure to drying out if you're too lazy to screw the cap back on.