Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

on 7/31/2015 10:30:00 AM

This gel liner was quite a disappointment to me. Not only does it smudge, it also transfers onto my lower lash line. Not attractive at all. It is very pigmented and extremely easy to apply, but it is just not good enough. This actually could be due to my oily lids, but I've tried primer and eyeshadow beforehand, but it still transfers. It is also quite pricey, compared to other drugstore gel liners. Definitely would not re-purchase! I hope to find a better one soon :)

on 4/2/2015 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't understand the hype about this product and this is truly the worst eyeliner I've ever used and certainly the most expensive. Whilst the packaging is lovely, I feel like that's all I'm paying for. The consistency is not creamy at all and I find it hard to apply despite using gel eyeliners for years. I do have very oily eyelids however within two hours the product has either smudged, transferred or completely faded and I have never had a full day that this product has stayed on my eyelids even with primer. I find that maybelline is far better for their gel eyeliner and costs a fraction of the price.

on 9/11/2014 3:34:00 PM

It took me a while to fall in love with gel liner, and after trying several, i found my Holy Grail!
it's creamy and soft, it glides on the lid at such ease that the only word i can describe it as "elegant".It's pigmented, lightweight, one dip of my brush in the pot lasted for both my eyes, and it lasted me the whole day without smudging.
it is, however a bit of a pain to remove it, and quite expansive (though here, it's only slightly more expansive then the MAC Fluidline) which is a downside, but all in all, this is the perfect gel liner.what can i say, i'm in love.

on 7/16/2014 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this because I heard so many great things about it, but it's just kinda meh.

Its quite creamy and thick which I enjoy, it applies to the lid easily. For me, it doesn't smudge or transfer over my lid.

However, the color does not last a school day. By the end of the day, it starts to wear down and look greyish. Also, I have quite watery eyes and it gathers on the side of my eye where it is watery.

Overall, it's ok. I've found myself to like the MAC gel liner better since it doesn't wear down and is kinda waterproof.

on 8/20/2013 7:44:00 AM

This eyeliner was so terrible for me. Had extremely high hopes because of the price tag which was 35AUD and am sorely disappointed. The liner always transfers onto under my eyes within the HOUR. Whatever I do, setting sticky concealer, putting translucent powder, putting black eyeshadow on it to set it and priming my lids have proved futile. The eyeliner also went hard after a few months even though I had always closed the lid tightly.

on 8/27/2012 6:30:00 AM

First gel liner I've ever used and I love it! Its pigmented, waterproof, smudge proof and I swatched it on my hand and I slept with it on and the next morning it was still there!
Pros:
-Great Pigmentation
-Waterproof
-Smudgeproof
-Easy to apply
Cons:
Expensive

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

An absolute must have!! I tried the Mac fluidline and i was really disappointed because it came off real easy, especially is you had the wing goin on. But anyways, i decided to try this eyeliner by Bobbi Brown and i am soo impressed! Its so easy to apply and it litterally lasts all day long, especially with a eye primer. Its a thicker more waterproof formula and its absolutely perfect. One of my all time favorite products that i use everyday. If you were wondering how i apply it, i use Macs 209 eyeliner brush, and by far the best brush for application. My eye makeup is ten times easier with this gel eyeliner. I have never raved this hardcore about a product. I feel all products have their flaws and dont live up to the discription, but this gel eyeliner, is pretty close to perfect. I am forever a costumer of Bobbi Brown (: Hope this helped!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Very pigmented but smudge like crazy, even on my waterline :/ and when it dried i revive it with some hydrating eye drop, it still smudge, but i find that the eye drop make it last longer, so u could try that method. I tink this eyeliner would be good with dry eyelids :>

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was the very first gel liner that I ever started using. At the time I thought this was out-of-this-world, but having tried the Clinique cream liner I definitely notice a difference. The BB one is very thick and dry, it doesn't glide along the skin very smoothly and it smudges a bit throughout the day. This one also, due to it's drier consistency, dries out in the pot a whole lot quicker. Since my Clinique liner has 5 grams in it and the Bobbi Brown only 3 I don't think I would repurchase this one again. Having said that, this is actually very good - it has great pigmentation (very black!) and does last as long as I need it to, however it's just not as good as others.

on 11/3/2011 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i expected a lot more from this. the hype was that it had good staying powder and pigmentation. but my maybelline gel liner beats bobbi brown's by far. i did a test where i swatched all the gel liners i own on my hand and went to sleep with it. bobbi brown had the worst pigmentation and staying powder. which sucks because people rave about it so much. and i thought the formula was pretty dry too.