Liz Earle Smoothing Line Serum

Liz Earle Smoothing Line Serum

Not tested on animals

Aqua (water), Glyceryl polymethacrylate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract, Sodium hyaluronate, PPG-1-PEG-9 lauryl glycol ether, Propylene glycol, Echinacea angustifolia (echinacea) extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Menthyl lactate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

on 2/4/2019 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This has now been discontinued and replaced by the vastly superior (and pricier) superskin serum. It’s great packaging, affordable and l can’t detect a smell. But it is sticky and did little for my fast-deepening 11 lines. After a few days of use l often get a pimple in that area. The new superskin serum pretty much eliminated those lines, so l’ll probably be switching back. I can feel the instant plumping, but can’t visually see a difference. It doesn’t play well with my other skincare and makeup, l emd up applying it midday, when everything else has settled.

Lovely to use but no noticeable properties. Can be used as a very light moisturiser in summer but otherwise pretty useless. Nice pump applicator though. I'm upping the lippies on it though as it was one of the few things I could use when my skin was super-sensitive recently (used instead of eye cream). Glad I kept it in my stash!

on 7/2/2012 9:13:00 AM

This is not an eye cream! The pump dispenser clearly says "pat over face and neck, paying special attention to the eye area". It's a thin, colourless serum. I didn't find it moisturising but nor did I find it as drying and tightening as some I have tried. It had no noticeable improving effect. The main problem was that it gave me really bad spots - more like lumps really, without heads so you can't even squeeze them. They go up and down but they don't go away. I like many other Liz Earle products but this one is not to be recommended.

on 2/16/2010 5:17:00 AM

This stuff works great on my skin. Sometimes, with creams/serums I have tried, I have woken up with dry skin- but not with this. I rub it in after my moisturiser, and it keeps my skin so soft and lovely. I have been using this 2 weeks- so will be updating this comment in due course! So far- so good.

on 5/28/2009 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I want to love it because it is one of the few eye treatments that agrees with my super-sensitive milia-prone skin, and because although it goes on a bit sticky, it quickly fades into a nice texture. Unfortunately it does zilch for my under-eye lines.

I did try putting it on my lips at night, as another reviewer suggested, and my gosh that is nice. Still, I won't bother buying it again.

on 7/27/2008 3:32:00 PM

This is one of the better liz earle products. Its supposed to be used at night , maybe because its a bit sticky and can leave a shiny residue. But I use it in the day because I think it does plump out my fine lines a bit although the effect vanishes as soon as I cleanse again. It feels really pure and doesn't upset my skin at all , its even safe to use around my eyes.It doesn't have any smell. Much better than its sister product daily eye repair.

on 5/20/2008 9:00:00 PM

probably the best serum I've ever used. I have v dry skin and most serums do not feel moisturising on my skin at all (that includes the much-hyped advanced night repair by Lauder). Two pumps do my face and neck. Don't just use it on the eyes, use it all over the face and neck, then follow with moisturiser (the new superskin moistiriser from Liz Earle is great for dry skin). No scent and no stickiness on my skin. Took one lippy off, simply because it should be a much bigger size and not marketed as an eye product alone, as it's a great over-all serum.
Great customer service as well, you always get a nicely sized sample with every website order. Also delivers to Germany now. Sent my mum some stuff and it arrived promptly, although p&p is high when sent to germany. Within the UK, it's fine though.

I love this product! even though i have very few fine lines, I use it on my forhead and small laughter lines round my mouth which definately look less obvious. I have started to use it on my lips overnight as they were quite lined and it has really plumped them out amzing! Lovely light consistency and great product, liz earle skincare is the best i've ever used and I've tried a lot!

I'm on the fence with this product. It has a very silky texture initially and some great antioxidants (grape seed), but it leaves a sticky finish to the skin that takes a bit of time to dry. For this reason alone, I will not buy (it came as a sample with the kit I ordered) since there are far better alternatives than this (namely Arcona serums). But if you want a good serum that's on the natural side and aren't put off by the slightly sticky finish, I strongly suggest you try it.

on 4/1/2008 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this morning and night (for someone with oily skin I am constantly amazed that the skin under my eyes can seem tight and dry!), and find that it is a better base for my mineral foundation than other eye creams. it seems to maintain moisture levels without leaving any greasy film. I am still on the hunt for the perfect eye cream, but this will do in the mean time, and indefinitely, if necessary. Grin