Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue - Sage

My fiance actually purchased this for me by mistake in place of my usual espresso Beautiful Color Smoky Eyes Pencil also by Elisabeth Arden. He purchased the umber color so I'm not sure about the other color options but this one did not impress me. I had hoped this would work in place of my other eyeliner unfortunately it fell far from the mark. Though it appears to be a nice red brown color it's actually extremely light and a bit too shiny for my taste the only positive is it's staying power which is exceptional.

The colour looks really pretty but I could not get the product to show up on my lids. I primed and preped but no matter how hard I tried to draw it on nothing would come out on my lids. I tried it on someone else and it didn't work either. I love coloured eye liners but was very disppointed with the results.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/10/2006 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like Ziebam I also have Sage and just bought Umber, but unlike her I love them! The color Sage is soooo pretty, I have 7 olive green eyeliners (MAC Rosemary&Thyme, Forever Green, YSL Eye Pencil #5 etc) and this is different enough for me to purchase it. It looks more grey than typical olive green shades. My fave look is to wear matte/satin taupe-grey shade than line with this. I agree with ziebam though that it fades easily, so I have to add e/s on top to seal it. Also, there's only .33 g of products in there, compare to regular e/l pencils that have 1.45g!! It's quite expensive here, about US$19.

on 2/13/2006 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I saw the rave reviews for Umber here so I picked this eye pencil up in Umber and Sage. The colors are all stunning, a small amount of shimmer in each one makes them unique. Sage is a shimmery golden dark olive color, not a lot of olive to it, can look almost gray. So pretty! Comes in an automatic pencil so there is no sharpening. The pencil is about average in terms of softness. Its not too soft but its not too hard that it tugs at the skin. My biggest dilemma is that it does not last. it smudges slightly after 5 hours and fades after 6 hours. There is still some there after 8 hours but slightly smudged and faded. Yuck! I hate products that dont last. I tried it with different mascaras, (including kiss me which does not smudge) and it smudged. I tried it with different shadow bases (including ud primer potion) and it still faded. The colors are pretty and the automatic pencil is easy to use and stays sharp. WIll stay if you use an eyeliner sealant. Its not my HG and i wouldnt repurchase though despite the pretty colors!