Pond's Clear Cold Cream

No Image

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After 2 months of use and switching to another product, I realized that the Pond's Cold Cream ("Clear" Version from Japan) was what was breaking me out. I was using Neutrogena Makeup Wipes to wipe off the cream cleanser; I also tried a muslin cloth, face cloth, and just water. I double cleansed with a foaming cleanser every time. It just didn't help. I was getting more and more whiteheads all over my face and neck. I've moved on to Korean balm cleansers and my skin started clearing up in just a few days. This just didn't work for me unfortunately :( Ironically the "Clear" Version was targeted for acne-prone skin.

on 3/22/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used Ponds Cold Cream back when I was constantly going back and forth between photo shoots as a model. It helped me clear my makeup without agitating it, plus it gave my skin a nice glow. I used it like this for years, but I never tried it on its own as I always had my acne ritual to do, too. Recently, however, I ran completely out of all face washes, moisturizers, everything. I had been using an exfoliating mix I made up in the kitchen (himalayan salt, olive oil, and honey), and while this still worked really nice I was starting to miss my face wash. After about a week or so of this, I was cleaning out my bathroom and I randomly happened across my old canister of Ponds!
I cannot tell you how glad I am I found this again. I never tried using Ponds on its own before, but I wish I had. It's amazing. I have really sensitive, acne prone skin, and I sometimes get rosacea on rare occasions so I'm always worried about products aggravating my skin. Because of my skin type my skin can randomly be dry or randomly be oil. I never know what to expect, so I never know what to buy. Things that help acne tend to be harsh, etc. Ponds is all around amazing. I'm now using it as my facewash, makeup remover, and moisturizer all in one. I'm a happy gal.
Thanks to my "new" discovery, I'm officially converted. I won't be buying any other face products again. Face products get super expensive, especially buying multiples (fash wash, toner, moisturizer, acne cream, etc.) It's nice to have it all in one for me, and it definitely saves me money. My face has never had a break out when I use Ponds which is pretty incredible to me since it moisturizes so well. It's also super cheap, and my canister lasted me years and it did get daily use for about 2 years. So I'd say that's some pretty awesome packaging. The container is durable so the lid won't crack and I haven't had any issues with it. For what you're paying for it, this stuff is a miracle. At least it is for me. :)

on 9/25/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have a very sentitive skin , i been using olive oil to remove my make thru out my life, suddenly at 30s i decided enough is enough with olive oil as it is making my face more oily and greasier , so i decided to google arnd for best product to remove my makeup as i have a very allergy skin, after i change my makeup remover routine , i notice my skin became very dry and they is alot of patches on my face, it very stubborn patches that even i start to used the olive oil it became worse, i dont know what to do untill i read kylie minogue review on this , i tried it and guest what it work , my skin is very smooth and im very in love with ponds product that i bought all the range ....

on 4/9/2014 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have seen this recommended online many places, so I thought I would give this a try. I have always associated 'cold cream' as being kind of old fashioned. However, I have been very happy with my purchase. I use this to remove my makeup and it works very well. Sometimes if I wear a waterproof eyeliner I may have to give it an additional rub, but nothing out of the ordinary. This product has been around for decades for good reason-it works.

Pros: Easy to use, does not irritate my eyes or skin, does not cause breakouts, takes care of waterproof/hard to remove makeup, leaves my skin soft and moisturized, very affordable. My skin has been never been better using this in combination with Simple cleansers and creams.

Cons: Some may not like the packaging, but I am fine with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: I got a really bad breakout recently - the clogged pore type not cystic (which is just as terrifying it turns out) so I'm trying to eliminate all my highly comedogenic products and this is one of them. Can't say if this is a culprit or not but im willing to wait it out. Also the whole process got pretty high maintenance - i was using a clean face cloth every time = lots of towels and laundry.

Its sort of early for a review but I'm just so damn excited! I've been using Ponds cold cream now for about a week as a makeup remover/ cleanser and holy smokes the improvement in my skin (tone, moisture, acne) is phenomenal!!! I'm still experimenting with the best way to use the cream--- I've tried using it with baby wipes, water, and a damp cloth- not sure what works best - and, i admit, i feel a little weary of having the residue sit on my skin while I sleep� I tone with witch hazel afterwards to combat the left-over greasy feeling. I'm also a bit nervous to overuse it so I skip it in the morning and just do my usual routine.

Pros:
-My acne is improving
-The texture of my skin is soooo soft and has a glow! YAY!
-I actually feel quite confident without foundation now!
-Cheap
-Easy

Cons:
-I really don't like the smell. It seems to stay on my skin for a long time
-No pump

please please please let this be an HG!

on 3/2/2014 8:15:00 AM

My mother used this product and always had gorgeous skin. I started using it to remove eight hour lipstick and waterproof mascara. It works so well and my eyes don't burn when I use it in that area. It is also wonderful for the dry skin on my cheeks.

I wish that it was available in a travel size though. It would be much more convenient.

Love, Love, Love this product! I have tried many cleansers over the years but none feel quite as luxurious as this! I bought it after reading that it was a favourite of Marilyn Monroe's (and I am a big fan of her's.) The texture feels quite heavy on and it is probably best suited to those with normal/dry skin but if you make sure you wash it off with a flannel, it leaves your skin incredibly soft! Nor would I suggest you use it twice a day- it's probably best used at night time. It is a staple in my skin care though!

on 10/24/2012 2:21:00 PM

Ponds works great not only as a makeup remover but also as a great cleanser to use throughout the week. After using Ponds my skin feels dewy, soft and looks and feels smoother than normal. I have acne-prone skin. Pond's cold cream does not make my skin break out. I have not used it for more than 2 consecutive days in a row, therefore, I do not know how it work with continued long term use. However, Pond's is great to use at least once a week to make ur skin smooth, soft, and moisturized.
I took away a lipstick because I do not like jar packaging leaves it susceptible to bacteria.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

A timeless classic because it works... Ponds cold cream removes everything from my face...including waterproof makeup. AND it doesn't break me out or leave my face oily! I apply and wait 10 seconds and then remove with a warm, wet washcloth. My skin feels clean, refreshed and not stripped after using it. I've removed with tissue before but it doesn't remove my eye makeup as well with tissue. The warm wet washcloth does the trick. It's a nightly ritual during the fall and winter months... I have white washcloths that I used exclusively just for my Ponds ritual lol....

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

i really like this for my face. it doesnt leave your face oily and you can apply make up right after. love it!

Popular Face Skincare Products