Avene Retrinal

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Avene Retrinal

1 review

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Squalane, propylene Glycol, Glycol Montanate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, BHT, Butylparaben, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Prolylparaben, Red 33 (CI 17200), Retinal, Triethanolamine

on 12/28/2009 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Retrinal is much much better than the other Avene line, Eluage. It is less tinted, less fragranced and I never wake up with a significantly red face the next morning, as sometimes happens with Eluage, perhaps due to the strong perfume in Eluage.

I use Retrinal to calm down the occasional redness I get from my primary retinoid Afirm 3X. Retrinal restores my face to a calm while color overnight. Apart from that, I don't think Retrinal even in its 0.1% concetration is strong enough to influence fine lines or stop mild breakouts, that is why I use Afirm 3X. The 0.05% Retrinal version works just as good as the 0.1% to calm down redness and is cheaper.

I can't understand, and many other users don't, why Avene keeps tinting and fragrancing their retinaldehyde lines. I would rather have a light gel that is not tinted or fragranced but unfortunately there is no such thing as of yet.