Avene Retrinal

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Avene Retrinal

4.4

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Squalane, propylene Glycol, Glycol Montanate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, BHT, Butylparaben, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Prolylparaben, Red 33 (CI 17200), Retinal, Triethanolamine

The Avene Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream was only the second product I've ever tried from this brand so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, especially since the only other product I'd tried was their Thermal Spring Water. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the Avene Retrinal, which is their retinol cream, that they have in two different strengths. This 0.1 is the stronger of the two; their other version is .05 Retrinal Intensive Cream. I loved the consistency of this in that it is a cream that is also hydrating and give skin some good antioxidants, vitamin e, and also a few peptides. I love that this is fragrance free (and also paraben free for those looking to avoid them). I would definitely purchase more from the brand. It is a little expensive but not outrageously so. My video review can be seen here:

on 9/11/2013 11:30:00 PM

I started using this when I got a free sample, Avene is my favorite for skin care. I've used a lot of different products for aging & hands down this has worked the best. down side is the cost, but I've found great deals on eBay & Amazon. Also I find a little goes a long way. I've used several Avene products for wrinkles & fine lines for about a month a see a nice difference! I've read people say give it a couple months to get best results & that's what I'm doing. I'm 41 and realize I'll never look 20 again but to improve my skin appearance is worth the money.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

I use this at night along with my Revlon Eterna 27 cream with Progenitin, the most effective moisturizer I've found. Because the Revlon is old school from the 1960's, I like to drop some "science" with it. So under it I use the Avene Retrinal 0.1, SkinMedica Retinol Complex (also gentle but less heavy duty), or Kinerase C8 Peptide. The Avene is an extremely gentle and effective retinol cream. I have tried La Roche Posay and ROC versions of retinol creams, but find this Avene version to be superior in terms of gentleness. It does as an effective job at reducing fine lines and brightening. I am able to put it around my eye area without it burning. I like that I can enjoy the benefits of this cream under my eyes.

on 11/12/2006 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this (.1%) on the recommendation of my dermatologist. I used it for a while and then for some reason just quit because I wasn't sure I was seeing a difference. Well, once I stopped, I knew immediately it was making a big difference because my skin was just so dull! I've been back on it for a couple of weeks now and I can't imagine not using it. I have very dry skin, so I use a moisturizer first and then layer the retrinal on top. It works like a charm. My face is so soft and radiant.

on 5/8/2006 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This broke me out horribly. I have dry/combo skin. I gave some to my husband to try who has oily skina and he really liked it.