Eau Thermal Avene Retrinal

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Eau Thermal Avene Retrinal

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Squalane, propylene Glycol, Glycol Montanate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, BHT, Butylparaben, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Prolylparaben, Red 33 (CI 17200), Retinal, Triethanolamine

on 12/25/2011 1:53:00 PM

Pros:
-Calmed skin down after rosacea flare
-Improved skin tone

Cons: Clogged pores a little
-Not that effective in evening rough patches, eliminated clogged pores or acne ( thought it was clearing up some face pores ( it was, but not enough) however, I used it on my neck, where I never before used anything, and noticed that it had clogged pores)

Final thoughts:
-Great for non clog prone skin. I wouldn't use it if you have any acne
-Use Triacneal instead if you have any clogged pores.

I thought this was great until I bought a tube of triacneal, which was wayyyyy better. Immediately unclogged pores, improved rough patches, and somehow didn't make rosacea worse

on 4/13/2011 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received a sample .05 from my dermatologist for the creasing area on my chest... I've used the sample on both my chest and face w/no irritation... and I love it. I purchased a full size of the .1 for when the sample is finished. The texture of my skin on my face is so much smoother after I use this, I started w/a moisturizer after applying the retrinal.. but found that I don't really need it, which is surprising because my skin is very dry and often rebels against anything new. While I don't think this is going to do anything for the creases on my chest... it's definitely helping the texture... it's really smoothing me out & I didn't realize how much smoothing I needed. This is a new HG for me. I'm really pleased w/it!

I have been holding off on writing my review because maybe like a lot of you - I bought like 4 new things and started using them all at once. Something out of the 4 things was doing a good job and making my face look really nice. I've narrowed it down to being this. It is a great feeling to wash my face at night (St. Ives Blemish/Blackhead control w/a pump of Cetephil) and then put this on. I've spent the big dollar on another product but I'm not sold on that yet (SkinCentuials Intense Line Defense). I have the Avene 1.0 retinol. It is not too strong for my face and I have no irritation nor dryness from it. It is the product that makes my face look one lovely and fresh glow. I do recommend it.