Eau Thermal Avene Retrinal

Eau Thermal Avene Retrinal

4.2

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Squalane, propylene Glycol, Glycol Montanate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, BHT, Butylparaben, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Prolylparaben, Red 33 (CI 17200), Retinal, Triethanolamine

on 7/31/2013 8:54:00 AM

I am giving this product a review of one lippie because for me, it was a total bust. MINERAL OIL...if you are acne prone do NOT use this product...use the Triacneal instead. My face reacted to this product within days and this is not purging...this is full on acne breakouts. I tried the.1 but the .05 also contains mineral oil.

I ordered from Dermstore who is taking back the product for store credit so I'm happy about that.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this after reading all the great reviews. I used it once and then returned it. Caused me to break out and made my skin rough with flaky patches. After one use! I prefer Peter Thomas Roth Retinal Fusion for my supersensitive skin.

on 4/27/2009 7:33:00 PM

I started my retinoid journey with Neutragena and was seeing some results. I had read that the Avene was a more effective form...so I switched....after a month on the Avene it was clear my skin was regressing....it did not help me at all....so I went back to Neutrogena and my skin started looking good again....I have finally over many months graduated up to Renova 2 days on and 1 day off and am REALLY seeing the results now....my skin is so soft and smoothe...and the lines are fading.

on 8/3/2007 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I had tried using this for a few months but finally gave up. I started out using it every third night and slowly worked my way up to every night. I didn't experience any purging from this, but had constant clogged pores the whole time I used it - after I stopped, they went away. I think the cream base was just the culprit, it just seemed too emollient for me and I was always waking up with a greasy-looking face - and it was wintertime. I'm now using Differin .1% gel and love it.

on 5/8/2006 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This broke me out horribly. I have dry/combo skin. I gave some to my husband to try who has oily skina and he really liked it.

on 12/25/2011 1:53:00 PM

Pros:
-Calmed skin down after rosacea flare
-Improved skin tone

Cons: Clogged pores a little
-Not that effective in evening rough patches, eliminated clogged pores or acne ( thought it was clearing up some face pores ( it was, but not enough) however, I used it on my neck, where I never before used anything, and noticed that it had clogged pores)

Final thoughts:
-Great for non clog prone skin. I wouldn't use it if you have any acne
-Use Triacneal instead if you have any clogged pores.

I thought this was great until I bought a tube of triacneal, which was wayyyyy better. Immediately unclogged pores, improved rough patches, and somehow didn't make rosacea worse

on 10/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

I've bought this several times. The nurse at the Med-Spa recommended it for my fair, oily, sensitive, acne-and-rosacea prone skin. (I wanted Retin-A, which was working miracles for my sister, and she said "Nope.") I used Retrinal for awhile in the spring and did appreciate the steady results. It has moisturizing properties, yet still seems to refine. But my skin regresses to total teen angst in the summer, so I switched to OTC Differin Gel, and that really helped with the breakouts. I haven't used Avene enough to be as ecstatic about the results as some are, but I am reaching for it again now that cooler weather is here and Differin Gel leaves me with dry patches. It seems much more beneficial to me in cold weather.

on 11/28/2013 6:36:00 PM

I purchased Avene+ 0.1% retrinal with vitamin E. It is their newest formulation. The vitamin E helps prevent irritation and is an powerful antioxidant. It goes on much easier than the usual Rx strength or high strength OTC retinol creams. It does a good job of firming skin, reducing wrinkles, and helping to exfoliate. My skin also looks brighter with continued use of Avene+. The packaging is excellent for this type of product, and the price is reasonable in that it should last you about 3 months, more if you use it for spot treatments only. The reason that I would not purchase it again is that it contains parabens, PEGs, and mineral oil to name a few of the less than desirable ingredients. I believe I can find something that works comparably without the nasty ingredients. If you don't mind those ingredients, then it really is a good product. I am more into organic or at least all-natural products. I will probably purchase a tretinoin product in gel form next time.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this cream in the 0.1% strength. I am pushing 30 and I've started to notice slightly disturbing changes in my skin since my teens: larger pores on my cheeks (particularly the area closer to my nose) and worsening of genetic hyper pigmentation (think Lucy Liu freckles, except much lighter and just on the tops of my cheeks), some fine lines starting to develop but not much wrinkling. General coarsening of my skin: this I wanted to improve.

This cream has been delivering in all of the ways I had hoped for. My skin tolerates the concentration of retrinal and the formulation does not break me out. It is helping fade the horrendous breakout I developed when I tried Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair: for some reason, the two times I've tried any of Neutrogena's products with the "Accelerated Retinol SA" I've ended up with the worst skin of my life, with NONE of the benefits Retrinal gives me.

I'd like to sum up by saying that if you want a cream in the $20 range, I recommend Neutrogena's Healthy Skin night cream with retinol. It's been around forever, and it is actually the reason I wanted to try a stronger vit A derivative: it gives me the benefits of Retrinal, albeit to a lesser degree.

To me, it's worth the $40-$60 for Retrinal. My skin has really improved quite a bit in the past month. I also experienced some purging for the first time in my life: I used to think cosmetic and cystic acne such as that which I got with Accelerated Retinol SA was "purging": it is not. It's not inflammatory pimples that are caused by purging: comedones start surfacing because the retrinal is working its' magic. When the comedones do happen to get infected, they create a minor surface pimple usually with the comedone visible at the surface of the skin.

Since Retin A micro (the only prescription retinoid I've tried) was much too irritating for me as a 22 year old, I'm not willing to risk the side effects again. For me, Retinal 0.1% is my new secret weapon (not a weak toy!), and I'm really excited about the upcoming months! One caveat to the whole Retrinal thing: I am experiencing mild irritation on my nose (esp from exposure to wind) and dryer skin. However, Cerave PM has solved that issue satisfactorily.

on 4/13/2011 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received a sample .05 from my dermatologist for the creasing area on my chest... I've used the sample on both my chest and face w/no irritation... and I love it. I purchased a full size of the .1 for when the sample is finished. The texture of my skin on my face is so much smoother after I use this, I started w/a moisturizer after applying the retrinal.. but found that I don't really need it, which is surprising because my skin is very dry and often rebels against anything new. While I don't think this is going to do anything for the creases on my chest... it's definitely helping the texture... it's really smoothing me out & I didn't realize how much smoothing I needed. This is a new HG for me. I'm really pleased w/it!