Eau Thermal Avene Retrinal

Filtered by age: 36-43
Eau Thermal Avene Retrinal

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Squalane, propylene Glycol, Glycol Montanate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, BHT, Butylparaben, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Prolylparaben, Red 33 (CI 17200), Retinal, Triethanolamine

on 9/11/2013 11:30:00 PM

I started using this when I got a free sample, Avene is my favorite for skin care. I've used a lot of different products for aging & hands down this has worked the best. down side is the cost, but I've found great deals on eBay & Amazon. Also I find a little goes a long way. I've used several Avene products for wrinkles & fine lines for about a month a see a nice difference! I've read people say give it a couple months to get best results & that's what I'm doing. I'm 41 and realize I'll never look 20 again but to improve my skin appearance is worth the money.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

I use this at night along with my Revlon Eterna 27 cream with Progenitin, the most effective moisturizer I've found. Because the Revlon is old school from the 1960's, I like to drop some "science" with it. So under it I use the Avene Retrinal 0.1, SkinMedica Retinol Complex (also gentle but less heavy duty), or Kinerase C8 Peptide. The Avene is an extremely gentle and effective retinol cream. I have tried La Roche Posay and ROC versions of retinol creams, but find this Avene version to be superior in terms of gentleness. It does as an effective job at reducing fine lines and brightening. I am able to put it around my eye area without it burning. I like that I can enjoy the benefits of this cream under my eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this after reading all the great reviews. I used it once and then returned it. Caused me to break out and made my skin rough with flaky patches. After one use! I prefer Peter Thomas Roth Retinal Fusion for my supersensitive skin.

on 8/6/2011 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

HG stuff so far.
Thanks to med school and residency, i grew my first noticable grey hairs and naso-labial folds. :( i missed my baby face. LOL i've always applied spf 30+ sunscreen since my mid 20's and still manage to obtain few sunspots and wrinkles here in FL.
anyway, after doing research on effective anti-aging creams for skin, retinal and its derivatives are the scientific proven way to slow or control life's aging process topically. So i decided to get this.
After few months of usage of avene .1% retrinal, i notice my face more smoother, radiant than before. skin looks plumper.
after several months of usage (say over 4 months or more), i notice my less obvious sunspots (woohooo!) and naso-labial wrinkles are eh, not so much improvement. :( yes, they are still there and very stubborn and i know avene isnt the answer to it (treatment of choice for naso-labial folds: restyalane injection). there are times i notice my N-L wrinkles are making me look like a marionette puppet and there are times, i look like a 20 yr. old. LOL
i trully think proper hydration and healthy eating have alot to do on how ur skin looks overall....and i notice more hydrated i am, obviously a little less obvious that hated n-l wrinkle looks.
i think this is a great product. takes alot of patience to see results depending what u want to see. wrinkles will take months, and if deeper, probably very minimal minor noticable change to no change. Almost instant results in few weeks include: smoother, plump, evenly toned, radiant skin.

on 4/13/2011 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received a sample .05 from my dermatologist for the creasing area on my chest... I've used the sample on both my chest and face w/no irritation... and I love it. I purchased a full size of the .1 for when the sample is finished. The texture of my skin on my face is so much smoother after I use this, I started w/a moisturizer after applying the retrinal.. but found that I don't really need it, which is surprising because my skin is very dry and often rebels against anything new. While I don't think this is going to do anything for the creases on my chest... it's definitely helping the texture... it's really smoothing me out & I didn't realize how much smoothing I needed. This is a new HG for me. I'm really pleased w/it!

on 1/28/2010 2:31:00 PM

Avene Retrinal saved my skin.
I have fair, sensitive rosacea skin. It took about a year using this mild formula, my skin can't take strong retinols. But it was worth the wait. I still use .5% 2 nights on 1 night off, but may consider going up to .1%. If you want something that won't irritate ,but will exfoliate slowly, this is it.

on 12/28/2009 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Retrinal is much much better than the other Avene line, Eluage. It is less tinted, less fragranced and I never wake up with a significantly red face the next morning, as sometimes happens with Eluage, perhaps due to the strong perfume in Eluage.

I use Retrinal to calm down the occasional redness I get from my primary retinoid Afirm 3X. Retrinal restores my face to a calm while color overnight. Apart from that, I don't think Retrinal even in its 0.1% concetration is strong enough to influence fine lines or stop mild breakouts, that is why I use Afirm 3X. The 0.05% Retrinal version works just as good as the 0.1% to calm down redness and is cheaper.

I can't understand, and many other users don't, why Avene keeps tinting and fragrancing their retinaldehyde lines. I would rather have a light gel that is not tinted or fragranced but unfortunately there is no such thing as of yet.

on 4/27/2009 7:33:00 PM

I started my retinoid journey with Neutragena and was seeing some results. I had read that the Avene was a more effective form...so I switched....after a month on the Avene it was clear my skin was regressing....it did not help me at all....so I went back to Neutrogena and my skin started looking good again....I have finally over many months graduated up to Renova 2 days on and 1 day off and am REALLY seeing the results now....my skin is so soft and smoothe...and the lines are fading.

on 9/25/2008 12:57:00 PM

I am one of those unlucky folks who cannot tolerate prescription retinoic acid...YET. I finally broke down and got the mildest concentration of retinaldehyde in the Retrinal cream, 0.025%. I just got this product so I will be back to tell about the long-term usage. But I wanted to note that my very acneic skin has not had any clogged pores from this, and I've had no peeling, redness, or sensitivity. This is amazing because RAM and Retin-A both tore my skin all to hell. I am SO stoked that I can use this! I intend to get the stronger percentage each time I run out of a tube, and then move on to Diacneal...hopefully by then my skin will be able to handle it. Wish me luck!

**edit: I have used a 0.025, and a .5 tube with fantastic results. No breakouts, and my skin looks younger and smoother. I am waiting on my next tube to arrive, in the highest concentration. After I use that, I'll move on to Diacneal.

***UPDATE: I am now using the .1% and no problems with sensitivity. I am really hoping that eventually this will have my skin prepared for going on some mild Rx like Differin. Wish me luck :)

on 9/17/2006 4:20:00 AM

I was instantly impressed by this product. I had some redness (Rosacea) on my cheeks and with the Retrinal .1% the redness faded substantially overnight. I use Retrinal all over my face and on my neck. My skin has improved in texture and tone since I started using this product about 8 months ago. I squint a lot yet I don't have any permanent crow's feet lines at all: no wrinkles yet!(perhaps this product really is anti-aging?) I see that my freckle prone skin has stayed freckle-free and overall skin tone looks pretty darn good for my age. I am ordering my second tube and plan to keep using this stuff. It is also quite moisturizing in the summer months. No need for extra moisturizer. For my rosacea problem- it has pretty much been solved by mixing Retrinal and Metrocream nightly.