L'Oreal Touch On Color

No Image

3.6

on 2/22/2018 6:28:00 PM

This is such an older product now, I am not sure you can get it in store any longer.

I did see it on ebay which was a relief because I just started using it again after having it sit in my make up drawer for literally a few years.
The reason being was initial disappointment with the shade GO GO Gold just really not performing any miracles in terms of visibility especially for the price point. Which is basically the reason I never threw it out to begin with... that or due to my liking the packaging/ thinking it was cool and cute looking (because I do think I actually got it on sale for maybe $5.00 as opposed to the $15.00 they are now trying to tout it at online) - & well still, even at $5.00, I was kind of peeved to think I had to throw it away because it wasn't returnable at that point.
No one was going to want it if I offered to give it away, because literally, it was doing the very limit of next to nothing in terms of being able to be seen on your face. At all. Like. It was ridiculous how badly you could not see this product at all after applying it.

I am sure that was the worst case of it I had ever seen. ESPECIALLY with a name like " GOGO GOLD" (??) I mean... I was just really expecting a Heck of a lot more out of it then what it gave. WAY more.

That said: Now in the NEW age of forgivable "BUILDABLE" products then I am supposing we can put it in THAT category and give it a retry.SO- I LAAAYERED this product on my highlight points TO NO TOMORROW, and guess what ?
I am Suddenly now in love with this color.
Yes, it's got this kind of weird powdery texture - not a cream, not a powder - but if you SLATHER it on layer over layer - it WILL actually START to come through for you.

*There should have been a disclaimer previously when it first time out, which of course there was NOT & many other reviews I have seen were also dogging it into the ground for the same reason I was - because THEN we were not expecting to HAVE to do more, in particular with a $10.00 or above product (RIGHT?!). I can't imagine the # of people who probably just threw it out or returned it at that time, if they could, lol.smh.
Anyway. The pan is a (decent) circular 'mini' compact style, with a clear top, mirror that clicks down from the bottom of the gold colored plastic container with you can stick a sponge in I forget now if there was one, or what might have happened to what ever it had come with originally, if anything, but there is a mirror from the bottom, even though it makes it a little bit awkward to notice/ remember that it is even there- BUT, there IS a mirror on the bottom of it so if you remember that in a jam and have it in your purse with you when you're out or if you have no compact mirror, right.

Then, at least that little bit of "back up" mirror is an option there, again, depending on how you use it, and if you remember that it is there. I forget because I use my fingers to apply, but anyway. It is there.

That all said, wear time for me has so far been about honestly, a good 5-7 hours so far, so that is why I say "if " you carry it on you. If you put enough on to begin with (which you HAVE to in order to see it at all/ get any point or benefit out of it), then you really don't need too many or (any) touch ups as far as I'm concerned, but that could depend on what you're doing at the same time.

I just ran errands & hit an appointment in it - disclaimer: I did NOT go to the bar or clubbing in it. SO. Depending on the individual, I couldn't give a "sweat test" report or anything necessarily come to think of it, but for me, for everyday highlighter use, I genuinely enjoy the color it is giving me (very complimentary on my skin tone of fair to medium (Ie: former NC 30 MAC under-eye concealer/ or studio fix powder foundation girl here, if that helps anyone-) & the right tones/ formulas are sometimes hard to nail) .

For me, it really allows me to use no foundation in keeping with today's trend, but brings me to life in the face in this winter times.
This might sound a bit wack, but I literally have tried it on my entire face and liked the outcome, with a mix of other products on top over it. Like a primer nearly.

I do not know how much more quickly I might go through the pan now in light of that, because while the packaging itself is like an inch thick, again there is a mirror on the bottom taking up half that space so I am not sure how deep exactly it is - checking the grams might help & jack me back into thinking that way again since mac days, but the writing is EXTREMEMLY small on the back, so I doubt it & if really if in this particular case, the way I myself use it, find out if that is really going to matter or not.
Ok- no, I can't see for looking how many grams on the bottom.
Hm. Maybe online will know. Just sec.
Ok. It says 0.11 ounces ( so, just under one ounce), 2,2 grams or so. Hm.

That said - I'm worried now that I like the tone as much as I do ( not garish, but a nice brightening glow (imo/ to me/ for me) the pick me up look it gives when I thought I was looking kind of tired, because, though I just found it for DIRT cheap, the shipping ALONE is nearly $20-!!!! like... 6 TIMES THE COST OF THE PRODUCT ITSELF !!! S.M.H..

I'm trying not laugh right now, because if I'm honest, I actually don't really find it funny (sigh/eyeroll) considering you DON'T get as much product in it as you would in a similar cost product, maybe even from actual MAC itself, which, if you ask my honest opinion, is an actual industry brand that (sort of) has more rights imo to charge that way a bit more than L'Oréal does(/?), just for that reason alone, regardless of how long L'Oréal has been a "mainstay" brand for a super long time, they (are)still just basically at the regular drug store aisle in truth, & DO offer certain things at more affordable price(s) (generally-ish).
Well. We'll have to see now by how long this lasts if I have to keep searching a

I found this blush (Sunny Shimmer) at my local Dollar Tree (go South GA., lol). I picked it up on a whim, as I knew that L'Oreal is generally known for their quality (in the blush/face and lip category at least). It comes in a silver plastic jar with a screw-cap.

Sunny Shimmer is a nice dark pink-peach creme blush with a light dose of shimmer.
While I wasn't expecting it to be matte, I didn't expect it to come out so sheer on the skin. I couldn't get it to apply evenly with my finger, and a brush wasn't soft enough and just dug up the blush into the inner bristles. If applied directly to the cheeks as a highlighter then evenly buffed with a wide soft brush, it gives a sheer glowing shimmer that is great for the summer.
I wish I could find other darker colors, as this is a beautiful color, just a bit sheer.

I read most of the reviews on this and I have to say I am very happy with it, and glad I didn't read the reviews before I bought these.

These were dollar store finds. Yes, I shop there and get some great cosmetics (E.L.F., L'Oreal, Revlon). I bought two of the Rose Taffetas and I use them smudged over a sheer coating of eyeshadow base (two bases actually: BE and the generic stuff that's being sold with off-brand mineral palettes). This is going to be my standard look for casual Fridays, going out to get the nails done, running errands or a casual stop to grab lunch with the gals. The color is believable, sheer enough to not look faked or overdone and I like the shimmer. I think this shimmer works especially because of the sheerness to the base. It can be blended out to give a glow without accentuating much else, due to the cream/powder formula.

I am going to experiment with it over powder shadows and with minerals dusted on top (zinc, veils and finishing product). Those $2 are going to bring me about $200 in fun with these -- I can only imagine.

For those who have been unsatisfied with it, I have a tip: blend some of it with eye shadow base or layer it over a blush that you are getting tired of. Use face primer, and if you use minerals, put some of your veil on top of it. This is really illuminating and although I have a senior-leaning eyelid that is not the smoothest, this is a nice natural color sheen over the eye and even nicer under the outside corners opposite the concealer AND as a blush lightener or highlighter.

I hope those who bought this can make use of it. Or, drop me a swap note. I'd be happy to have these in any lighter shades (I saw a deep tawny red shade that would not work for me).

on 2/10/2010 5:33:00 PM

The Blush I have is in pink / rose sublime.
It is an illuminating, has a little creamy consistency, when used with a brush is much stuck in the bristles.
It has better products on the market for the same price.

Sometimes DS m/u really surprises me! This is one of them. I have this in Gold Lame (la - may) and its beautiful! I put this on the high points of my face - atop cheeks, forehead, browbone, cupids bow, and clavicle. Its glowy, not sparkly at all. If you see this one, try it out!

I bought 2 of these because they were on sale from $10 to $2.50. I got the Get Down Plum for the apples of my cheeks and the Cashmere Rose for above my cheek bones & temples and the 1st day I used it I was told that I looked younger by two people. It really lights up your whole face and the texture is great, it goes on smoothly and lasts quite awhile. I love it.

on 1/16/2007 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

"get down plum" is one of my HG blushes - its a pinky / plummy flush with very light shimmer - one of the most pretty, natural blushes I own. Its cream to powder but not too dry - and it lasts forever. I love to buy new cream/gel blushes but I ALWAYS COME BACK HOME TO THIS BLUSH. Love it, its one of my all time favs!!!!!!!

on 12/3/2006 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i got this on sale in the "go go gold" and it doesn't show up on me at ALL even though i have fairly pale skin. also, i hate the texture. it's supposed to be a cream-to-powder type of thing, but it's really just too powdery and not creamy enough to blend well. =(

on 11/12/2006 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in cashmere rose and on my fair red-prone complexion, the nude (beigey-pink)colour is perfect. Love the slight shimmer, it's works great as a highlighter, and I love the hidden mirror in the base. Good buy.

on 9/18/2006 12:18:00 AM

Actually, I love this product! I don't use it as a blush as much as I do as a highlighter across the very top of my cheek bones and across to my temples. I love it! I use the Perfect Pink and as it's quite sheer in colour but high in shimmer - I get quite a dewy finish and it looks wonderful during the day and out at night. Reasonably priced as well seeing as I have quite alot of blushes from the likes of Estee Lauder, Nars and Pout etc.