Essie Pink Glove Service

Essie Pink Glove Service

3.6

I'm a big Essie fan but out of my whole collection, this is my only disappointment. I've been using this as a base coat because it's practically clear. After watching a YouTube video, I learned how to turn it into a "jelly" nail colour. I topped up my barely used bottle with Essie's Carousel Coral (a pink-coral cream). This polish now has the pretty, rosey-coral tint I'd hoped for when I bought it.

on 4/25/2016 1:55:00 PM

This is just clear nail polish! In the bottle it looks like a sheer, translucent, delicate pink. So that's what I was expecting. But on the nails, this polish looks like NOTHING. Just clear and shiny. Essie completely tricked me with this one. I would NOT buy this again. Terrible!

on 7/24/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pretty, and extremely subtle. Sheer pink grapefruit colour. One coat looks more or less like clear gloss on me; two coats give a very delicate, natural looking colour boost to the nail beds while leaving the tips white. I love it!

I bought this and Orly's Beverly Hills Plum at the same time, searching for the right "my nails but better" sheer pink for my fair-medium, neutral/warmer-toned skin. I thought this one would be too faint but it's the one I prefer in the end. It makes my nails look just a little extra healthy, whereas two coats of the Orly definitely show that I have added colour to the whole nail including the tips -- also pretty, but not quite what I was going for.

on 8/22/2013 8:46:00 AM

Perfectly nice polish, just not quite the natural, translucent pink I was hoping for.

I was recently looking for a new base coat, though, and found Nails Inc. "Bridge the Ridge Base Coat" - and discovered that a coat or two gives my nails that shiny, healthy pink colour! Plus, since it's a base coat, it's all I need.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a LOT of polishes looking for a pink, healthy, "natural" shade: Essie Mademoiselle, OPI Bubble Bath, Essie Sugar Daddy, etc. But I have dark, vertical ridges in my nails and the slight touch of frostiness in those shades just served to emphasize it. This jelly-like polish tints my nails a really pretty, healthy-looking pink in just two coats plus adds lots of shine. I think I finally found my go-to "natural" color.

This polish deceived me in the store. I wish I'd looked on here first, or at least googled some swatches, which is what I normally do before I buy something.. I'd been looking for a nice pink jelly in Ulta when I stumbled across this, and thought PERFECT! Of course when I got home to try it out, it took FIVE coats to get it anything close to pink-tinged. I can't even imagine how many coats it would take to get close to the bottle color. I dont typically like the whole clear-manicure thing, so I save this for putting under glitters and french manicures. I just wish I'd known how sheer this was before dropping $8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love Essie nail colors, but this is wayyy too sheer to like. It barely even tints your nails. Definitely swapping this one.

on 1/22/2011 1:53:00 PM

I love this nail polish a lot. It's a translucent shiny pink showing the natural colour of my nails. I personally don't like opaque solid nail colours but at the same time I want my nails look shiny and glossy with a hint of pale pink. This nail polish does it very well. I purchased it when it was on sale for $4.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 12/11/2010 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before purchasing this color, I read the reviews on here and knew what I was getting into.
Buyer beware: the color in the bottle is nothing like how it looks applied. The polish goes on nearly clear but builds (with 2 to 3 coats) into a beautiful and healthy looking pink-tinted-clear. You really cannot beat the shine that this polish gives. I considered for a moment not even adding a top coat. Applies very nicely. Dries quickly. These were all things that I was looking for with this polish. I am very happy with my purchase and would buy again.

This polish reminds me a lot of the polishes I was allowed to wear as a child. Clear with the ever so slight tint of pink/red/etc.

If you're looking for something very natural and um, polished looking, then this is the polish for you. If you're looking for an opaque pink, stay away. I don't think it can be put any more simply than that.

on 9/17/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have an older bottle it seems - bought it 2 years ago - it's not blue based pink but rather yellow based, which makes my nails look dirty. Used it for french mani awhile back and it came off in strips! Essie rarely disappoints, but this is the worst nail polish I used, absolutely no redeeming qualities: no color, no staying power.

Popular Polishes