Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip

4.2

Mica, Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Water, PVP, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)

Wow - I think I might be the only person who genuinely hate this product, especially since everyone is raving about it.

The colors are really nice in the pan and I love the idea you can customize your own highlighter shades, but BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS I CANNOT PICK UP ANY COLOR WITH MY BRUSH!!! I tried scraping the top layer off, it just ended up looking bumpy and gross; I tried applying with my finger and I had to do that multiple times to get it to show on my face. Seriously I have had better luck with my cheap ELF baked highlighter (at least they work beautifully after I scrape the top layer off and they are1/5 of the price). Now it just sits in the dark dark corner of my drawer not being used - to remind me what a mistake I have made believing in the hype.

Won't recommend, and won't repurchase.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

The colors are really pretty and nuetral. I bought this thinking would work as a versatile multitasking pallete since I don't like storing or carrying around a lot of makeup--- it's marketed as an eye shadow as well as a highlighter. But it's just too sparkly to use the different shades on my eyes. It's a very bright foil effect when used all over with a medium application, so I just keep it as an underbase or highlight. This might work as daytime eyeshadow for younger skin, or a nighttime look for everyone else. As a bronzer (swirled together), I found it too muddy looking on my light olive skin (and too sparkly) but it would probably look great on medium to deeper tones if you want all around sparkle.

Despite not digging the sparkle, and the higher price point ($12-13), I still think this is a pretty good product, as you get five great highlighter colors in one. It goes on without too much fallout and lasts well. I would probably not repurchase though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very very shimmery for my everyday/work routine. I have no complain about the quality. It's glide on like a dream and stay on for a long time with or without primer.

LOVE this product! It works as a bronzer,a highlighter and an eyeshadow, its an all in one!

This is the best makeup item that I own. I use the three champagne middle shades for my highlight( bridge of the nose,cupids bow, high points of the cheeks, etc). The first gold shade and last copper shade I use them as eyeshadow on my lid. The shades are so shimmery and pigmented. I would totally recommend it's such an inexpensive highlight or individual shadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This highlighter is one of the more subtle ones I own, actually. It adds shimmer without a ton of pigment, and doesn't kick up powder. It can be built up to really pop, and doesn't emphasize pores or look metallic. I would say it's fairly similar to Mary Lou Manizer, but I should note I'm only using the lighter strips to highlight with.

These are a nice eyeshadow option as well, and as a bronzer it could work, but I've been on a matte bronzer kick as of late so I haven't tried it. It is finely-milled and not glittery, but also rather stiff so it doesn't give off a bomb of shimmer all at once.

Price is high for the drugstore but PF is seemingly always on sale so maybe just wait two days to buy it and you'll see it for half off. Also, it's pretty affordable compared to any highlighter you'd pick up at Sephora, and really just as good. All in all, another slam dunk from PF in the highlighter department!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Similar to - dupe - for Dior Amber Diamond. Very shimmery, with some somewhat chunky sparkles which I don't like. I prefer a more refined glowy texture.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

THE BEST HIGHLIGHTER ever! even better than alot of higher end highlighters (Nars albatross, which is not as finely milled and casts a white sheen, and Mary Loumanizer, etc).

This gives an amazing model-like glow to the cheek bones and is a very powerful intense but natural highlight which I love. It's less crazy than the mary loumanizer, but much more powerful than say, Benefits Watts Up or Nars Albatorss. It gives a gorgeous glow without adding too too much color, and stays put.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the Shimmer Strips in Vegas and Miami. The Vegas is definitely my favorite of the two. I know this is marketed as a highlighter, but in the summertime I use it as a bronzer, highlighter and eye shadow. It gives a nice glow for summer time.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The gold is stunning I wish there were more of it!