L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 2/6/2014 4:28:00 PM

This is the only powder that doesn't make my face break out, doesn't sparkle, and has a nice finish. It was discontinued and had a hard time finding a replacement, but I did find one!

First I tried Revlon aqua that felt wet, another Revlon colorstay that had a ton of sparkle, I've tried Makeup forever high definition powder that made me whiter than ever. It's really white. Mac and Clinique make my face breakout. Shisheido sometimes makes my face break out around the chin.

Finally I called Loreal and they told me about Hydra Perfecte loose powder which is available at Walmart, since we don't have Walmart here in San Francisco I ordered online. I'm very happy, ingredients are almost the same. No breakouts, looks great, works great. I suspect that the higher end powders might be more finely milled, so maybe that's why they make my face break out? I really don't know, have no idea, just my guess. I know Clinique is supposed to not make your face break out, but it just doesn't work for me. I use translucent, no color, or the palest one, for my skin tone.

I hope Loreal doesn't discontinue Hydra Perfecte now!

on 1/15/2013 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This powder did not work for me. It does not give a flawless finish whatsoever and it's staying power is maybe two hours, tops. I would have returned this if I had not gotten it through ebay, after seeing all the good reviews on it.

I generally use pressed powder instead of loose powder, but decided to give this a try because I have heard many good things about loose powder. You have to apply SO much of this to even get any results, and the container is a tad too deep so when you pour a tiny bit into the lid to dab with the brush, it all gets everywhere and is very messy.

This product never claimed that it mattified the skin, but a lot of people said it would mattify a little bit! I never saw any matte going on! This product does claim to make skin luminous, which is a taddd true. It does have more of a glow-ish effect than other powders but most of that "glow" is because it fades so quickly, leaving the skin oily and shiny. I'm all for a natural glow, but not for oiliness that I'm trying to get rid of by putting this powder on!

on 8/6/2012 9:15:00 AM

Amazeballs. Will not cake. Glowy. Does not cause blocked pores. Best ever. Better than high end. Hope they keep forever.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG. perfect setting powder. No cakiness amd doesnt dull the finish of foundation. Love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Overall, this is a good powder given it's cheap cost (about $42 NZD). I use it over my Dior Capture Totale liquid foundation. It mattifies shine and I have no need to touch up during the day. There are two colours available in New Zealand, light and medium. I use it in light...It is slightly peachy, no shimmer, just pure powder. I have acne prone but also dry skin...This did tend to accentuate my dry patches but not as much as other powders (er erm Smashbox Halo or Dior capture totale powder!) This was a basic, cheap but good product, but I have found my HG powder foundation that provides coverage and mattification in priori minerals. Whereas this did not provide big enough coverage so I had to use it over liquid foundation

on 3/7/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the only powders that I actually like! I have dry, sensitive skin and this powder sets my foundation without accentuating my dry spots. I apply it with my Ecotools bronzer brush and it looks flawless (I currently use translucent but am eager to try the light one!). Like other reviewers have said, it does have a strong perfumey smell, but it doesn't linger.

on 9/7/2011 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am sensitive to fragrance, and this product is highly fragranced. It actually made my skin burn and itch. Back it went.

on 4/24/2011 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this product in the translucent shade to mix into my smashbox halo that's too dark for me.
I was looking for something slightly luminous. Halo promised to deliver that and hasn't.
I really really like Translucide. It offers an appropriate amount of luminocity (I really hope that's a word...)- it isn't glittery or shimmery like most cheap luminous powders. I don't look shiny when I use this, but my skin just glows. I have received multiple compliments since I began using it.
It is very finely milled and feels like a much more expensive product. Usually I'm not that thrilled by Lreal in the least- but I'm definitely glad that I gave this a try.
The only downside for me is that it doesn't do a great job of oil control. I have normal skin, but my forehead gets oily because I have heavy bangs. So really- that's not the product's fault, it's probably just me.
I can't vouch for the tinted versions of this because I got translucent- but I'm smitten with this powder.
I've heard that it is very difficult to find these days, so I hope they haven't discontinued it!!

on 9/29/2009 5:36:00 PM

Without a doubt, this is the BEST powder I've ever used. It's never chalky or cakey. It just gives a very smooth finish. I will continue to purchase again and again!

on 8/7/2009 1:13:00 PM

This is a great loose powder. It's talc free, yea! Sets foundation beautifully and is finely milled and very silky soft. Doesn't look cakey at all. Great DS find...