L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Curly
L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 1/15/2013 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This powder did not work for me. It does not give a flawless finish whatsoever and it's staying power is maybe two hours, tops. I would have returned this if I had not gotten it through ebay, after seeing all the good reviews on it.

I generally use pressed powder instead of loose powder, but decided to give this a try because I have heard many good things about loose powder. You have to apply SO much of this to even get any results, and the container is a tad too deep so when you pour a tiny bit into the lid to dab with the brush, it all gets everywhere and is very messy.

This product never claimed that it mattified the skin, but a lot of people said it would mattify a little bit! I never saw any matte going on! This product does claim to make skin luminous, which is a taddd true. It does have more of a glow-ish effect than other powders but most of that "glow" is because it fades so quickly, leaving the skin oily and shiny. I'm all for a natural glow, but not for oiliness that I'm trying to get rid of by putting this powder on!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Powder is my favorite powder right now. I wear shade Deep & I love how it matches my skin tone. I know everybody's going to be like 'what?' but I actually wanted it because it's shimmery I like body glitter & sparkly makeup. I have oily skin, so I mostly wear this alone. Like I said, shade Deep matches & I notice the redness in my face doesn't look so bad. This powder is lightweight & doesn't look caked on like a lot of other powders do if you have oily skin due to oxidation. After I prime my face, I apply with a simply kabuki brush to cut the shine on my face. As much as I like this, I don't think I'd buy another one because it's too expensive to be a drugstore/non-luxury product.

on 6/7/2007 7:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I desperately wanted to find a cheaper d/s alternative to the expensive Becca, which is a poor value for the money. Translucide's lightest shade (Translucent) was good, and the powder applied smoothly. However, the finish was a bit too glowy for my taste, and I especially hated the slight burning feeling on my face all day, likely from the Vitamin C that L'Oreal promotes so prominently for this product. I think it's despicable that people like Paula Begoun make claims that antioxidants are GOOD for ALL skin types, when they are NOT! Vitamin C has consistently irritated my sensitive skin (I was hoping that it would be in such a minute concentration here that it wouldn't affect my skin, but no such luck). I don't understand it - L'Oreal has antioxidants and/or exfoliants in ALL their skin care items, so why put it in cosmetics as well? Is there such a thing as SOOTHING the skin anymore, instead of just burning it off?! Obviously not to L'Oreal.

on 11/14/2005 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this because I ran out of mineral veil and waiting for my new one to come in the mail. I use it as a finishing powder to set my foundation. It is wonderful. It feels luxurious, great texture. I love the glow it gives, but it is not shimmery. I will definitely keep this powder on hand. The only down side I see is the slight fragrance it has, but I have to put my nose up to the powder to be able to smell it. It is not a big deal. A great cheap loose powder that can compete with the high end powders for sure.

on 10/11/2005 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

WONDERFUL POWDER! I purchased translucent and it lives up to its name. Light going on, slightly shimmery- but it is a very refined shimmer that truly makes you glow not shine. It's a bargain and I know of nothing else like it. It makes medium to full coverage foundation look less harsh. Lovely.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

good loose powder. leaves your skin matte but still glowing.