L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 2/6/2014 4:28:00 PM

This is the only powder that doesn't make my face break out, doesn't sparkle, and has a nice finish. It was discontinued and had a hard time finding a replacement, but I did find one!

First I tried Revlon aqua that felt wet, another Revlon colorstay that had a ton of sparkle, I've tried Makeup forever high definition powder that made me whiter than ever. It's really white. Mac and Clinique make my face breakout. Shisheido sometimes makes my face break out around the chin.

Finally I called Loreal and they told me about Hydra Perfecte loose powder which is available at Walmart, since we don't have Walmart here in San Francisco I ordered online. I'm very happy, ingredients are almost the same. No breakouts, looks great, works great. I suspect that the higher end powders might be more finely milled, so maybe that's why they make my face break out? I really don't know, have no idea, just my guess. I know Clinique is supposed to not make your face break out, but it just doesn't work for me. I use translucent, no color, or the palest one, for my skin tone.

I hope Loreal doesn't discontinue Hydra Perfecte now!

My favorite powder to date. Great color, sets my makeup without doing that weird coagulating mixture with my foundation or oily skin, doesnt settle into my lines to make my look old and dry, ...what more could I ask for! Pretty solid go to powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been buying this powder for id say going on 6 years. I always have it. its just a all around awesome setting powder or I apply it during the day after I blot my oil and don't want to add more foundation. I just love it. never has broken me out and has a pleasant smell to it.

on 10/10/2012 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am loving this. I haven't tried a lot of powders but the ones I used before didn't thrill me (ELF HD left me chalky & Maybellline Dream Matte was fine but I didn't really want to be matte).
I got this because I couldn't afford ballz but still wanted a glowy setting powder. This is really nice. I don't notice it adding much of a glow but it also doesn't take any away. I'm using this in combination with Magic Lumi primer & together they are making me LOVE the look of my skin

on 3/7/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the only powders that I actually like! I have dry, sensitive skin and this powder sets my foundation without accentuating my dry spots. I apply it with my Ecotools bronzer brush and it looks flawless (I currently use translucent but am eager to try the light one!). Like other reviewers have said, it does have a strong perfumey smell, but it doesn't linger.

on 11/27/2011 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for years, it's so fine and has very fine shimmer, it's perfect for setting my makeup and I can wear it over tinted moisturizer too :) I've re-bought this about 3 times and it's always worked a treat.

Only con is that it's so fine it always makes me sneeze lol.

on 9/7/2011 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am sensitive to fragrance, and this product is highly fragranced. It actually made my skin burn and itch. Back it went.

on 4/24/2011 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this product in the translucent shade to mix into my smashbox halo that's too dark for me.
I was looking for something slightly luminous. Halo promised to deliver that and hasn't.
I really really like Translucide. It offers an appropriate amount of luminocity (I really hope that's a word...)- it isn't glittery or shimmery like most cheap luminous powders. I don't look shiny when I use this, but my skin just glows. I have received multiple compliments since I began using it.
It is very finely milled and feels like a much more expensive product. Usually I'm not that thrilled by Lreal in the least- but I'm definitely glad that I gave this a try.
The only downside for me is that it doesn't do a great job of oil control. I have normal skin, but my forehead gets oily because I have heavy bangs. So really- that's not the product's fault, it's probably just me.
I can't vouch for the tinted versions of this because I got translucent- but I'm smitten with this powder.
I've heard that it is very difficult to find these days, so I hope they haven't discontinued it!!

on 12/4/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS

This is one of the few things that never breaks me out, so that could be enough reason to love it. However, it also looks great on. I have it in translucent, and it is somewhere between matte and not shimmery but it makes your skin look natural, not super matte but not a disco ball either. The only downside is using it under my eyes for concealer because it ends up looking wrinkly( I use benefits powderflage for that purpose). Will definitely repurchase, that is, if it ever finishes.

on 10/26/2009 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had used this stuff for ages years ago, and for whatever reason stopped. I recently rediscovered this and wonder why I gave this up. The finish very natural not at all cakey or chalky. It's even better than MAC. The label says it's luminescent, but there is not a hint of glitter or sparkle. Just a believable ever so soft sheen. I havent even touched my old powder since I bought this..