L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder! I used it a few years ago and forgot how wonderful it made my skin look! It is a bit pricey for a drug store powder, but please know this is an absolute good powder (and I have oily skin)!

It's soft, smooth, and has a silky feel after putting it on. It does not break me out whatsoever. It has a very very light "luminous" sheen (but NO glitter and doesn't make you "shiney"). Its just simply nice, and has a nice color as I use light since I use facial bronzer but the color light or translucent both work great!

This is my HG powder!!

My favorite powder to date. Great color, sets my makeup without doing that weird coagulating mixture with my foundation or oily skin, doesnt settle into my lines to make my look old and dry, ...what more could I ask for! Pretty solid go to powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been buying this powder for id say going on 6 years. I always have it. its just a all around awesome setting powder or I apply it during the day after I blot my oil and don't want to add more foundation. I just love it. never has broken me out and has a pleasant smell to it.

on 12/4/2011 5:31:00 PM

This is my HG loose powder. I have combination skin and when I put on my face sunscreen, whether it's the chemical kind or physical kind, I'm always left with a sheen on my face. This powder takes care of it quite nicely and gives the most natural finish I have seen yet (I use the translucent shade). It comes with vitamin C, but I think that's just a gimmick. I can't imagine how the vitamin C is supposed to interact with the skin in dry form, but maybe I am showing my ignorance. I never use the powder puff included in the package. Instead, I shake some powder onto the lid, tap a large powder kabuki brush onto some powder, and swirl the brush over sections of my face. I still get a slight sheen by the afternoon, but it helps keep the oil in check until then.

on 11/29/2011 3:57:00 AM

This is a product that is new to me. I have seen it on the shelves a thousand times but never even gave it a closer look. I was at Ulta when I finally decided to pick this up and it was mainly because they were having a bogo 50% off on L'Oral, and I needed a loose powder. I like it, it definitely sets my foundation well, has a nice finish (I like a glow) and its relatively inexpensive for how large the container is. I don't think its out of this world awesome, I don't really see a difference between this and other loose powders, but it is quite good. I'm glad I own it and I will keep it around, maybe at some point I will gain more appreciation for it. But at this point I do not see myself re-buying this, I will probably just move on to something else once this is gone and then long for it once its discontinued like I do with everything else.

on 6/21/2011 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this powder for several years now and until recently was very happy with it. Now that a few lines are starting to show on my face I am finding that after a few hours the powder settles into the lines. Looks like the hunt is on for a new powder.

on 12/4/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS

This is one of the few things that never breaks me out, so that could be enough reason to love it. However, it also looks great on. I have it in translucent, and it is somewhere between matte and not shimmery but it makes your skin look natural, not super matte but not a disco ball either. The only downside is using it under my eyes for concealer because it ends up looking wrinkly( I use benefits powderflage for that purpose). Will definitely repurchase, that is, if it ever finishes.

I bought this because I was running low on BE Mineral Veil and wanted to see if a less-expensive powder would work in its place.
I also needed to avoid bismuth oxychloride as I think I'm sensitive to it.

The powder works well for setting/finishing with a nice appearance - not too dry or too shiny.
The smell though - I cannot deal with the fragrance. I tried for over a month, hoping I would eventually just get used to it but that's not happening. I'm sensitive to some fragrances and they can be a migraine trigger for me. Unfortunately, this falls into that category.
For those less sensitive, it may be a viable option. Those who have fragrance sensitivities, use with caution.

on 11/2/2010 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is above average, handy and does its job, but not top-notch stuff.
Like so many powders out there, the finish is wonderfully natural. Caking & emphasis on dry skin is minimal. It doesn't change the colour of your foundation - doesn't lighten it or anything.

But in about an hour, I'm already oily and the powder starts to feel rubbery like clay. I have to reapply quite frequently. It would have been nicer if the texture was smooth, and not rubbery but I'm not too fussed.
It also makes my nose very uncomfortable (the scent!) and I literally need to hold my breath when I apply it because I'm allergic to the fragrance. Some of you may not be allergic to anything, but what I really am trying to say is that it is a very strongly scented powder.

Although I am more pleased than disappointed with this, I would not repurchase because it does not last long (oil-control problem). However, the beautifully natural finish should not be overlooked.

on 5/20/2010 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the only loose powder I can use that doesn't settle into my fine lines that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, i'm 46 years old and love this product. I use a face powder brush and lightly use on my face after using my favorite foundation. I am a light-med skin color and the colors run light so i buy the medium color and it's perfect! U can still purchase this product at drugstore.com